PES 2013 vs. FIFA 13

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PES 2013 vs. FIFA 13

Post by FifaInspected »

Jared wrote:
Macca00 wrote:Hmmmm - no I do not but I think this might be next on my shopping list! Thanks for the heads-up, Jared! Hope all is well with you and the family!
Let me know if you get it - I'm thinking about it as the J-League games have always been really fun (I think b/c of the increase attention to detail + it's often more fun to play with poorer teams in WE/PES).

Jared.. Tell me more about this DLC. Is this worth getting a Japanese account for? Is it simply new teams or is it more than that? Does it work with the US version? Hit us with some details. Any idea if it would mess with current saved games?
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Ok.. I just answered my own question about compatibility. It will not work with the US version. That being said. Is the game different enough to import?
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

From what I know, the Japanese version of the game itself is the same as the US version - you even have an English language option. (Note - I don't have the game.)

However, if you have the Japanese PS3 version, you can download the J-League add-on (via the Japanese PSN network) for 1800 yen. It adds a J-League version of the Master League, and all 40 J-League teams (J1 and J2). I don't know if it also has J-League stadia (previous versions did, but those were standalone games).

From what I know, it might be difficult to put yen onto a Japanese PSN account without a Japanese credit card - you might have to purchase prepaid PSN cards if it doesn't work to download the content.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Just finished my first season of Become a Legend mode. I played for Willem in the Eredivisie. We Finished 8th in the table and endured two dreadful runs of form where scoring was minimal at best. My player ended up playing in 25 matches scoring 9 goals and assisting on 5 others. It was, without a doubt a really fun couple weeks of PES. Looking forward to season 2.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Just downloaded the 1.03 patch has arrived. (PES)
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

FifaInspected wrote:Just finished my first season of Become a Legend mode. I played for Willem in the Eredivisie. We Finished 8th in the table and endured two dreadful runs of form where scoring was minimal at best. My player ended up playing in 25 matches scoring 9 goals and assisting on 5 others. It was, without a doubt a really fun couple weeks of PES. Looking forward to season 2.
What level are you playing on?

I started BALM last night and played 2 games loving every minute of it. But regular was a tad easy.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

I'm playing 10 minute halves on Pro. Of the 25 matches I played in we only won two of them by more than 1 goal. So much fun.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Data Pack 3 has also been released today. For those of you using an option file be sure to read below in regards to lineups!

Christmas comes early for all Pro Evo fans, as Konami release a third title update and a brand new DLC package for PES 2013.

Data Pack 3 adds 13 new pairs of football boots, as well as 4 new goal celebrations - Neymar's infamous 'Gangnam Style' dance included.

Download the new data pack using the in-game menus: Information > Data Pack Update > Data Pack 3

For Patch 1.03, use this link to download the PC version. For PS3 and Xbox 360, you will be prompted to update your version as soon as you next load up PES 2013.

IMPORTANT: When you install DP3, you'll be asked whether you want to update your line-ups.

If you want the thirteen new boots but you don't want any changes to your squads and line-ups, when asked to, DO NOT APPLY the line-ups update and your option file will not be harmed.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Daymos XBOX 360 V3 OF released to public:

http://forums.onlyproevolutions.com/vie ... f=57&t=987

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I grew bored with FIFA, going to pick up PES today.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I'm ready to pickup PES as well. Pretty much beat all the modes in FIFA, so looking for something new. Few questions :

1.Any deals for PES out there?

2.button controls - is there a way to make them similar to FIFA or does it have a 'FIFA like' preset button config?

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

It has pre set similar to fifa but it also has custom, all i had to switch was sprint button, dead easy.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Our gamestop was out of PES, so I loaded up FIFA again last night and started a new manager career - mainly simming and playing an occasional game.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I'm loving FIFA 13 more than ever. Started a season with Olympique Marseille and am just having some epic games. It's been getting a lot of play time over the holiday break.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

tjung0831 wrote:I'm loving FIFA 13 more than ever. Started a season with Olympique Marseille and am just having some epic games. It's been getting a lot of play time over the holiday break.
What game play settings do you use?

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

MizzouRah wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:I'm loving FIFA 13 more than ever. Started a season with Olympique Marseille and am just having some epic games. It's been getting a lot of play time over the holiday break.
What game play settings do you use?
I'll have to look up the settings when I get home tonight but I have a quite a difference between the human and CPU settings, with most of the settings in my favor for the most part. I play on professional level and with the way I have it set, I win some and I lose some so I'm pretty happy with it. The biggest factor though it probably that this is the first Fifa game that I've purchased in several years as I've been going with PES for a bit so that probably plays a huge part in me loving the game right now...it feels different to me.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I have excellent FIFA 13 games too with my simple settings : user speed/acc both at 65 (or 70). That's it. I play mainly professional with these settings but sometimes vs weaker teams I'll go up to World Class. I use Chelsea and have a good chance beating lesser teams, pretty even with comparable teams, and struggle vs top teams, as I think I should using Chelsea.

Only problem with me is I beat almost every mode in the game now. The only thing that keeps me coming back is the EAS weekly challenge games and the occasional single player FUT tourney EA puts out every week or so. I have over 120K FUT coins but don't know what to do with them.

Online is fun too but I am not much of an online gamer and prefer single player. But I am very happy with this game but now looking for just something different. So I am eager to try out PES since I hear it's a great single player game this year. And looks like the whole process to upload the option files is much easier than previous PES games.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

I've got both games and much prefer the offline gameplay of PES. Fifa still has a tendency to bore me offline. PES Online appears to be broken, or at least it was the other night as Zeppo and I got disconnected from both games we tried to play.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Has anyone else suddenly stopped getting Level XPs & FCs?

I haven't made any settings changes at all. I very briefly glanced through EA's FIFA forums, but didn't see anything pertaining to this.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Murph wrote:Has anyone else suddenly stopped getting Level XPs & FCs?

I haven't made any settings changes at all. I very briefly glanced through EA's FIFA forums, but didn't see anything pertaining to this.
I am playing both online and FUT games and haven't seen anything wrong.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

10spro wrote:
Murph wrote:Has anyone else suddenly stopped getting Level XPs & FCs?

I am playing both online and FUT games and haven't seen anything wrong.
I didn't realize there was a daily limit on what you can earn. I may have reached it.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Is there a way to get an online pass code without having to pony up the dough? I've been playing a pre-owned copy of FIFA 13.

This particular EA money grab has irked me since it's inception.