OT: Way to go Gerry

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

OT: Way to go Gerry

Post by redneck »

Props to big Mac in keeping the 'Cuse alive to play another day. It's going to be tough beating UConn. But, if they put up a good showing, hopefully they'll get into the big dance.

red

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

:roll:

He's back.

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

Gerry does it again. Hits the three to put it into OT. What a win. Go 'Cuse.

red

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

We're in. No doubt about it now.

I'd like to interview the anonymous Big East assistant coaches now who voted McNamara as the most overrated player in the Big East in the annual Syracuse Post-Standard poll.

I can count 15 other Big East teams that would love to have GMac on their roster. The kid is pure heart, pure guts.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

You said it PK. Can't wait for the 'Cuse to make their run in the tournament.

red

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

redneck wrote:You said it PK. Can't wait for the 'Cuse to make their run in the tournament.

red
I wouldn't go that far yet. SU is playing very well right now, but that's masking the fact that it's a slightly-better-than-ordinary team. What's helping SU right now is that it's getting contributions from Roberts, Watkins and Nichols, something that hasn't happened consistently since the cupcake schedule days of December.

I would be surprised if SU makes it to the Sweet 16. But it will be a tough out for any team as long as it gets balanced scoring from its starting five. When GMac has to do everything, SU isn't a very good team.

The win by SU over UConn just shows the depth of the Big East and why the conference should get at least eight bids, maybe nine, to the Dance.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

True enough PK. But, anything can happen in the big dance. Even if they don't end up winning the Big East tournament, they will still be riding a big wave of momentum.

It should be interesting to see. Go 'Cuse.

red

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

SU had 5 starters scoring double digits points today. It was only the 2nd time this year they had that happen. The first was yesterday.

The defense was very active today. That's the whole key to this team. When they sit back and get lazy, they lose to Depaul by 39. When they are active in D, it creates opportunities on offense.

Rick

peabody
Mario Mendoza

Post by peabody »

Talk about night and day. A week ago, after seeing the Depaul game I was sure they were done. Wish I could have seen today’s game. I kept the box score in the corner of my computer screen at work. I seem to only catch this year when they look bad. It’s incredible what can happen when a team needs to win to stay alive. Connecticut didn’t need the win. I don’t think the loss will even affect their seeding (they’re still a 1).

I’d say Syracuse is in, but I’d like to see them make the finals to 100% lock it up. And if they do lose in the semis, don’t look bad doing so. The Seton Hall loss really helped though. With Syracuse beating Cincy twice and now the Conn. win, they’ve probably jumped ahead of both Cincy and Seton Hall. I’d like to see Cincy in the tournament though. They’ve done a lot with a sparse roster. Didn’t they bring the tight-end from the football team in to play forward because they didn’t have enough players. Nine teams from one conference in the tourney seems like a stretch. Seton Hall might be the one left out.

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

dbdynsty25 wrote::roll:

He's back.
LMAO! :lol:

I have been thinking the exact same thing over the last few days.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Boltman wrote:

He's back.
LMAO! :lol:

I have been thinking the exact same thing over the last few days.

And what has he done to warrant this juvenile junk? Nothing that I can see. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this thread. Nothing.

Why don't you knock it off? It's not nearly as funny or insightful as you seem to think it is...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

Thanks Teal. I don't let those two idiots bother me. They just respond to my posts to amuse themselves and as you so clearly stated, it's juvenile and no one else here thinks they're funny with their responses.

Let's see what Gerry and company have left in the tank tonight. I haven't been this excited for Syracuse basketball since the old Louie and Bouie show.

Go 'Cuse.

red

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Red:

You have proven your knowledge of SU basketball with the reference to the Louie and Bouie show. I'm impressed!

Are you an SU alum or are you from upstate N.Y.? I'm nearly a lifelong resident of the Syracuse area, born and raised here and still live here.

Take care,
PK

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

PK,

I grew up there in the early to late 70's before we moved down south. I was just a youngster then and my friends and I would try and emulate all those guys in my driveway basketball court. :lol:

I even remember seeing a few games at the Manley Field House before the Carrier Dome was built.

I lived over near the old Fairmount Fair mall. I understand the area has changed a lot since then.

Small world isn't it?

red

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

:lol:

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

Yes!!!!!!!! Holy sh*t. Big Mac with a key pass for a layup. Whooooo.

red

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

Wow! PK, did you see the game? Man, I'm pumped. Can they go all the way? We'll see. Go 'Cuse.

red

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Holy s*** indeed! I'm not nearly as attatched to G'town as I am to UMD, but I love that John Thompson the Younger is in place, and he has done great and they will be in the big dance for sure.

But wow, what an amazing ball game, Gerry MacNamara is awesome, and I love College Hoops Tourney Time!!

PK Get on a train and come into town, it's time for a Final!

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

This is what makes college basketball so awesome this time of the year. I admit, I'm not a big fan during the regular season at all. But, when March rolls around, I love it.

You gotta love the way these kids go out and give it their all. No money or ego's are invloved, just a love of the game and the will to win.

Go 'Cuse.

red

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

He's back.
The point of this is?
To create more dissention?
Its pathetic and juvenile...both of which I understand well :):P

At some point DB should be held as accountable as the rest of us.

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

"At some point DB should be held as accountable as the rest of us."

Exactly. Well said 34. I didn't come here to fight or start sh*t. All I ask is that db and Boltman don't troll on my threads and start sh*t with me on this forum.

Either contribute or move along. I hope the DSP powers-to-be will agree.

red

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

redneck wrote:"At some point DB should be held as accountable as the rest of us."

Exactly. Well said 34. I didn't come here to fight or start sh*t. All I ask is that db and Boltman don't troll on my threads and start sh*t with me on this forum.

Either contribute or move along. I hope the DSP powers-to-be will agree.

red
ya well...I dont want your crap either...:)

I just want mine.

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

Huh?

red

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

redneck wrote:Huh?

red
:lol:

Lighten up...have a drink...rent a movie...

DB may be a jagoff but dont make him your life. God knows there are better men out there....I mean I picture DB slithering....

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

Gotcha. :D

red