Digital Sportspage

Talk about sports gaming
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:46 pm 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Rodster wrote:
I'll be watching that DAZN feed as well in a glorious low res feed. Here's hoping AJ and Wilder could get down to business and fight in MSG.

Won't happen in 2019 and probably not in 2020.

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:01 pm 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

I gotta say so far from what i've seen in the fight AJ is not as good as advertised. He doesn't want to go against Wilder. No way should the Lazy Neighbor drop AJ twice to the canvas.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:08 am 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

So PK, were you shocked Ruiz TKO'd Joshua? I was reading what Ruiz said about him, that he opens to much which is something I believe I might have mentioned. I don't think Joshua will win the rematch not if he has the same trainer which what Lennox Lewis said after the fight. He needs to change his style a bit, like move your feet and get out of the way.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:04 pm 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Rodster wrote:
So PK, were you shocked Ruiz TKO'd Joshua? I was reading what Ruiz said about him, that he opens to much which is something I believe I might have mentioned. I don't think Joshua will win the rematch not if he has the same trainer which what Lennox Lewis said after the fight. He needs to change his style a bit, like move your feet and get out of the way.

Surprised? Of course. Shocked? That's a bit strong.

Ruiz was a live dog. He has strong amateur pedigree, which Joshua doesn't have. He has quick feet and hands, which Joshua doesn't have. His only loss also came in New Zealand to Kiwi contender Joseph Parker in a close, controversial decision.

Rob McCracken has been Joshua's trainer since his amateur days, so it will be interesting to see if AJ sticks with him after this loss or moves to a new coach.

If Emanuel Steward was still alive, he would be the ideal guy to rehabilitate AJ after a crushing KO loss, much like he did to Wladimir Klitschko after his KO losses to Corie Sanders and Lamon Brewster. Manny would have taught AJ how to use his jab and his height as weapons, holding off smaller men, protecting his fragile chin and setting up big shots.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:36 pm 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

pk500 wrote:
Rodster wrote:

Surprised? Of course. Shocked? That's a bit strong.

Ruiz was a live dog. He has strong amateur pedigree, which Joshua doesn't have. He has quick feet and hands, which Joshua doesn't have. His only loss also came in New Zealand to Kiwi contender Joseph Parker in a close, controversial decision.

Rob McCracken has been Joshua's trainer since his amateur days, so it will be interesting to see if AJ sticks with him after this loss or moves to a new coach.

If Emanuel Steward was still alive, he would be the ideal guy to rehabilitate AJ after a crushing KO loss, much like he did to Wladimir Klitschko after his KO losses to Corie Sanders and Lamon Brewster. Manny would have taught AJ how to use his jab and his height as weapons, holding off smaller men, protecting his fragile chin and setting up big shots.

There was another boxer that Emanuel Stewart resurrected. Was it perhaps Lennox Lewis?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:05 pm 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Rodster wrote:
There was another boxer that Emanuel Stewart resurrected. Was it perhaps Lennox Lewis?

Yes, Lennox Lewis. Before that, Manny had trained numerous world champions from his Kronk Gym in Detroit, most notably Thomas "The Hitman" Hearns.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:38 am 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

"Legendary boxer Pernell Whitaker dies at 55 after being hit by vehicle in Virginia"

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/news/l ... -virginia/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:39 pm 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Rodster wrote:
"Legendary boxer Pernell Whitaker dies at 55 after being hit by vehicle in Virginia"

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/news/l ... -virginia/

This news really bums me out. I loved watching Whitaker fight, as he was one of the best defensive fighters in history and arguably one of the top-10 pound-for-pound fighters EVER. If you think Floyd Mayweather was good and had defense, watch Sweet Pea. He made Money look clumsy.

I also had the pleasure of sitting at the same table as Whitaker at a sports talk show in New York in the mid-80s. He was a cool guy with whom to talk. Dude had plenty of demons outside of the ring, including cocaine abuse. It's sad that he probably only found peace now.

RIP, Sweet Pea.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:42 am 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Sweet Pea was a helluva a fighter. One of those that casual fans didn’t particularly like to watch because he wasn’t a KO artist. Fans of the sweet science thoroughly enjoyed watching him practice his craft. Man could he school fighters. RIP Sweet Pea.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:28 am 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Pacman or Thurman? PK, who you got in this fight?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:35 am 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Rodster wrote:
Pacman or Thurman? PK, who you got in this fight?

Pacquiao by narrow UD or SD.

Thurman looked like crap in his last fight, against Josesito Lopez, who isn't that good. Sure, he was rusty, but that's because the guy fights once per year. His nickname of "One Time" used to pay homage to his power, which is overrated. Get hit once by Thurman, and you go down. Not it more accurately refers to how often Thurman fights per year.

Pacquiao, even at 40, is better than anyone Thurman has fought. Thurman talks a great game, but Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter are his best opponents. Pacquiao is better than both of those guys, even at this advanced age.

The first time Pacquiao cracks Thurman with his left hand, Thurman will run like a scalded cat.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:56 pm 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

“Hey, I’d like to check this out. HBO? No. DAZN? No. $75 PPV???? What the hell?” Pass.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:18 am 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Thurman got should some good shots in rd 1 but damn Manny is just too fast even at 40 and caught Thurman with a 1-2 and puting him on the canvas.

Rd 2 Manny was more effective. I’m a Manny fan but Thurman is American so if he wins, then good.

PK how does boxing score work? Manny was up 30-26 thru the 1st three rds and the judges had it 10-9 on all three cards thru 3 rds. I thought it should have been 30-27.

Much more effective rd 5 for Thurman. Entertaining final round and fight.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:23 pm 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

greggsand wrote:
“Hey, I’d like to check this out. HBO? No. DAZN? No. $75 PPV???? What the hell?” Pass.

Periscope is your friend. My buddy and I found a couple of great feeds -- people had trick phones on tripods and shot their HDTV screen perfectly. No bezel showing -- all screen.

A bit ghetto, but saves a lot of dough for fights like last night, which had a compelling main and terrible undercards. Not worth $80.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:25 pm 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Rodster wrote:
Thurman got should some good shots in rd 1 but damn Manny is just too fast even at 40 and caught Thurman with a 1-2 and puting him on the canvas.

Rd 2 Manny was more effective. I’m a Manny fan but Thurman is American so if he wins, then good.

PK how does boxing score work? Manny was up 30-26 thru the 1st three rds and the judges had it 10-9 on all three cards thru 3 rds. I thought it should have been 30-27.

Much more effective rd 5 for Thurman. Entertaining final round and fight.

Round 1 was a 10-8 round for Manny because knocked down Thurman.

If a fighter is knocked down or pummeled badly without a knockdown, he only gets eight points for that round in the 10-point-must system. If a fighter is knocked down twice in one round, it's a 10-7 round.

That's why the two judges who scored the fight properly called it 115-112, Pacquiao. Seven rounds to five for Manny, with one more point deducted from Thurman for the first-round knockdown. That was the correct card, not the 114-113 mistake turned in by Glenn Feldman.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:26 am 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

I got a good spanish feed for the fight, which is rare because the english feeds were pretty bad. The AJ v Ruiz fight went to hell for me around the 3rd Rd but this feed was rock solid until the 12th rd but it held together for the most part. I wasn't too impressed with the undercards. Figueroa Jr got his butt kicked by the Cuban fighter, I forget his name. But I remember Figueroa Jr coming into the ring just looking like he'd won the fight. I don't follow boxing that much but the trend is whenever boxers enter the ring like they're Apollo Creed, it usually doesn't end well for them. Just ask Joshua.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40