PGA Tour 2K23

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA Tour 2K23

Post by 10spro »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:10 pm
I'll be out of the country for a couple weeks, so please keep the heat on Joz... He's still making this look WAY too easy... :)
Have a good trip. I am out basically every week in and out, but have the series S to catch up with the games. The only way one may get a stiff at the Major is if John sets up a different setting just for him and make him swing on Ultimate or the level above Masters if there’s one. :lol:

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

:D

I decided to try the TGCT for the new season. Made the Challenge Circuit-B tour. I think all the tours there use master difficulty. Shot -28 for my first tournament. Sitting in 52nd place. Crazy how good some of these guys are.

Are any of you guys playing TGCT?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I was out of commission since last Thursday with a bad chest cold, and didn't learn that there was another update to PGA TOUR 2K23 this past week until last night. I can't see that it's made any difference in the things that I find wrong with the game... namely the laggy, inconsistent swing. They added high quality versions of Torrey Pines North and South among other things, but nothing that really stands out in my mind.

I bought the PC version when it went on sale for $35 last week. There's a load of graphics options in the PC version, and I was able to tweak a 1080p/60 FPS setting (with sharpening and object detail enhancements) that looks really good. Most importantly, it gives me solid and reliable response and feedback at the solid frame rate and feels like the Series X ought to feel. I wish that HB Studios would just swallow their pride and offer a 1080p/60 FPS option. I love the feel of the game on the PC, but I can already see that playing it is going to screw up Series X play even more. The swings require difference pace, but at least one of them is consistent.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

I wonder since there is a difference from PC to series X in the swing if there is one from Xbox One to Series X? I am probably going to upgrade to the X soon and know I can play the game I have now on it but will there be a swing tempo difference? By the way 35 bucks for PC version is pretty good deal.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

JOZ wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:33 pm
:D

I decided to try the TGCT for the new season. Made the Challenge Circuit-B tour. I think all the tours there use master difficulty. Shot -28 for my first tournament. Sitting in 52nd place. Crazy how good some of these guys are.

Are any of you guys playing TGCT?
I am but I'm in the last flight. USually shoot under for the first 2 rounds and then blow up after the cut.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:11 am
I bought the PC version when it went on sale for $35 last week. There's a load of graphics options in the PC version, and I was able to tweak a 1080p/60 FPS setting (with sharpening and object detail enhancements) that looks really good. Most importantly, it gives me solid and reliable response and feedback at the solid frame rate and feels like the Series X ought to feel. I wish that HB Studios would just swallow their pride and offer a 1080p/60 FPS option. I love the feel of the game on the PC, but I can already see that playing it is going to screw up Series X play even more. The swings require difference pace, but at least one of them is consistent.
This is what I've been saying for a while. The swing is so much more fluid and responsive with the PC version I wonder why they can't get that on the Xbox version?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I would like to try the PC or PS version just to see the difference. I'm on the Series X and really don't have any issues. But too many people have mentioned a difference here and other places for there not to be an issue.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

JOZ wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:59 pm
I would like to try the PC or PS version just to see the difference. I'm on the Series X and really don't have any issues. But too many people have mentioned a difference here and other places for there not to be an issue.

I am on the Xbox One and have no issues and I wonder if internet speed could be an issue. I have the fastest Spectrum has to offer and pay for it and no issues at all.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:47 pm
I wonder since there is a difference from PC to series X in the swing if there is one from Xbox One to Series X? I am probably going to upgrade to the X soon and know I can play the game I have now on it but will there be a swing tempo difference? By the way 35 bucks for PC version is pretty good deal.
There was for me on PGA TOUR 2K21 at least. When they added the 60 Hz vsync option for the XBox version of that game. I purposely installed it on an original XBox One I had laying around and compared it to how it felt on my XBox One X. It was a huge difference. I couldn't adapt to the difference in the feel of the swings in just one round. It was even more profound than the difference between the PC version of 2K23 at 1080p/60 FPS and the Series X version at whatever the Series X is supposed to be in what they call "Performance" mode. I can tell you from what I feel in the PC version at a locked and provable 60 FPS, that the Series X version isn't maintaining 60 FPS much of the time.

It takes me three rounds to fully adapt to the more fluid and responsive feel of the PC version at 60 FPS. Once I do and go back to the Series X version, I find that I'm slicing everything badly. I can't make my senses realize that I have to push the stick faster to overcome the lagging animation response.

I played 3 rounds in an hour and a half yesterday in Career mode on the PC version. In the third round I had fully adapted to the smoother PC tempo and shot a 58 at Sawgrass. I had shot a 70 in the first round of the same tournament. I played my DSP Society round right after that on my Series X and double bogeyed two of the first three holes after wildly missing the fairways off the tees, and then leaving a 108 yard sand wedge approach 42 yards to the right of the pint one one of those holes. I wound up holing out from the fairway for an eagle on 18 to finish even par for the round :?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:39 pm
JOZ wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:59 pm

I am on the Xbox One and have no issues and I wonder if internet speed could be an issue. I have the fastest Spectrum has to offer and pay for it and no issues at all.
I'm hearing the internet speed and consistency has a lot to do with it. I can tell you that mine is pretty spotty. I have a local ISP called Comporium. I bought their highest speed cable mode package they offer called "Elite Internet". It supposedly yields 750Mbps x 30Mbps, although I don't ever see that. They offer a Fiber Optic package in certain areas (mine not being in the selected area) that delivers 1Gbps x 50Mbps, for $10 more a month.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Haven't even tried this, but the move from Cable to Fiber for me was insanely good. I never saw the speeds I was supposed to be getting with my cable service, but my Fiber connection frequently EXCEEDS what I'm supposed to get.

***EDIT***...and I missed the fact that it's NOT in your area. I thought you were thinking of switching. My bad.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I'm actually using the 5G Home internet from Verizon. Advertised 85-300 Mbps with upload about 10. I normally get 120-150. There are three of us here that have no issue streaming at the same time.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:39 pm
I have 1 GB Fiber connection but now that you say that my 1X is connecting wirelessly and my PC is using an ethernet cable. With that said I really think it has to do with some kind of hardware combination on the 1X.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

TCrouch wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:58 pm
Haven't even tried this, but the move from Cable to Fiber for me was insanely good. I never saw the speeds I was supposed to be getting with my cable service, but my Fiber connection frequently EXCEEDS what I'm supposed to get.

***EDIT***...and I missed the fact that it's NOT in your area. I thought you were thinking of switching. My bad.
Thanks for your input on this Terry! You've just convinced me to jump on fiber optic (they call the service "Zipstream") once it's available in my area. I can look out my back door and see the roof lines of apartments that are one block behind me, who do have fiber optic. That's how close it is to me now. I'll be shocked if we don't have it within three months. So again, Comporium Communications owes you a commission for selling me on this service!

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:21 pm
Thanks for your input on this Terry! You've just convinced me to jump on fiber optic (they call the service "Zipstream") once it's available in my area. I can look out my back door and see the roof lines of apartments that are one block behind me, who do have fiber optic. That's how close it is to me now. I'll be shocked if we don't have it within three months. So again, Comporium Communications owes you a commission for selling me on this service!
Man, if I earned commission on all the stuff I've "sold" to guys over the years...I'd be a rich man :lol:

Honestly, the instant I ditched cable everything got so much smoother. And I had never even HEARD of speeds like this in the residential sector:

I've had a grand total of one problem in the months since, and it was when they had some sort of brief maintenance...right in the middle of an iRacing league race where I was walking away from the field :evil:

If it's truly an internet speed issue, Fiber has been absolutely amazing for me for everything....stream 4K movies to 4 devices in the house, download a game on Steam, play something online, and still have bandwidth to spare :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Wow I have 1 GB Fiber and the best I get on a good day is 980. I've never seen speeds like that, what do you pay for 3GB?
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

It's only 2GB, which is what amazes me. I honestly don't remember how much it is, I think it was $125. Did the sign-up and auto-pay and forgot.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Speed kills. Literally both ways. Lucky for those of you with Fiber connections. I still play the game away from home when I stay at hotels averaging readings of 9.89 mbps and a latency that’s too embarrassing to mention while at home it’s much better of course.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

What is wrong with that stupid profanity filter. First- Worst round with the putter in a long time. Second- Worst round with the flat stick in quite awhile. It's constant that pops up and no wonder nobody wants to comment in game.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:07 pm
What is wrong with that stupid profanity filter. First- Worst round with the putter in a long time. Second- Worst round with the flat stick in quite awhile. It's constant that pops up and no wonder nobody wants to comment in game.
Ain't is the truth... I was trying to complement someone last week for having a good round and holing out so many long putts, but it got deleted for profanity!? It doesn't even tell you what the offending word was so you can go back and edit it out... it just wipes out the whole message - terrible!

I need to discipline myself to just totally quit the game and start over from launch once I get a hesitant swing. I'm having enough time regulating my tempo, going back and forth between the XBox and PC version of the game, without having to deal with server performance issues.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:47 am
Greensboronclion wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:07 pm
Ain't is the truth... I was trying to complement someone last week for having a good round and holing out so many long putts, but it got deleted for profanity!? It doesn't even tell you what the offending word was so you can go back and edit it out... it just wipes out the whole message - terrible!

I need to discipline myself to just totally quit the game and start over from launch once I get a hesitant swing. I'm having enough time regulating my tempo, going back and forth between the XBox and PC version of the game, without having to deal with server performance issues.
I just tried to say "Nice round fsquid1!". Profanity filter stopped it. Found out that "round" was the culprit. So "round" is not allowed in a golf game lol. Nice job 2k.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I beat Major Bubbs!!!!! I then finished 38 shots behind him in the weekend tournament.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

fsquid wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:15 pm
I beat Major Bubbs!!!!! I then finished 38 shots behind him in the weekend tournament.
Don't feel bad every time I beat him in season 1 he would slaughter me the the next event. He plays a game most of us are not familiar with and to be honest I applaud his play as it makes you work harder. I had two bad rounds this weekend event and went back to the fittings shop and rebuilt my fittings again shot 62 in final round after a pair of 71's. It why guys like the Major are good as you can't sit still and always must get better to have a chance against players like him. I am sure I will beat him again but even more sure he will dominate most of the time. He is our society Tiger and wish we could get some more players so at least 2nd and 3rd pay better. Lol.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I guess I need to figure out the fitting shop.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

fsquid wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:38 pm
I guess I need to figure out the fitting shop.
Trust me it's not only interesting but a lot of fun and I spend a lot of time in there trying to improve. You have to decide what's more important power or control and then try to get a good balance. I have tried all the archetypes and fooled with all the fittings and exchanged fittings and still trying to find the perfect balance. The big problem is VC as it takes a lot of cash to get better and it keeps the pocketbook low as right now I only have about 600 VC. Then there are golf balls as they are expensive and I use a level Green at 360 a dozen as my go to as the higher priced balls are out of my price range and the default is just horrible. I have tons of other balls I have acquired thru the clubhouse pass and rewards and only use a legendary ball for select events. Trust me figuring out the different characteristics of each ball is another class all alone. This game is very deep if you dive into it and we'll worth it.