PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:29 pm
Weird. I'm not sure why I wouldn't see anything
Will it let you post a message?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:14 pm
John, I wanted to answer your compliments here rather than in our limited social messages within the game.

As you know, I have been playing rather inconsistently since the last patch about 5-7 months ago? I just either swing too fast or inexplicably very slow at times. I used to hook the ball most of the times especially on previous editions of the game, but in 2K1 the slow swing kept creeping up inexplicably in the game after the patch.

Now, I travel a lot. Every week in fact. Tomorrow, I’ll be back in Asia. And one of the reasons I have had so much trouble this year with my swing is that obviously the connection between home and hotels is quite different. So for the most part when I am away and their server is rarely above 40 mbps, I try to compensate by swing harder. The lag is often horrendous.

Once I get back home, I get around 300+ mbps and without the lag I experience in hotels, I try to compensate by not swinging so hard and perhaps that’s what’s been creating my slow swings. My muscle memory keeps adjusting from round to round depending where I am located at that point.

Just a theory at this point as I still don’t understand my inconsistencies but for now, I gotta believe that is part of it. Trust me, i much rather find that in between for my swing tempo than scoring a once in a blue moon score.

Now, the -13 was once in a fluke scenario. Obviously I putted very well, but more importantly for me was seeing how I was able to put the ball in the fairway at least 50% of the time, instead of 3 out of 18 holes which is my average when I am away and is more of “how can I save Par” mentality instead of attacking a particular hole.

Now, trust me on this one, I will be away until Friday, you’ll see more + scores. :lol:
Makes total sense James. It's a shame you can't get more consistent performance out of the various connections. I wonder if they used what Perfect Golf called "pause on render", whereby all the other animation froze during your swing, such that the hardware's full capability was applied to input and animation of the swing. I think I could live with frozen external animation while I was swinging if it helped me feel and execute the swing more consistently.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:51 am
When are we getting the LIV Golf DLC? :)
I'd pay $10 for it if it included the likenesses of DeChambeau, Mickelson, and Koepka in the mix! :lol:

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:29 am
JOZ wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:29 pm
Weird. I'm not sure why I wouldn't see anything
Will it let you post a message?
I got it working. It was apparently a privacy setting on the Xbox.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Is this game decent via sale price?
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:30 pm
Not sure what the price is, but if you like golf I would definitely say yes. Considering how much time I have spent with it, I would have to say it is my favorite game of this generation. Be prepared to be frustrated until you get the hang of the swing mechanic. The amount of quality courses you are able to play is staggering.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

JOZ wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:31 pm

Not sure what the price is, but if you like golf I would definitely say yes. Considering how much time I have spent with it, I would have to say it is my favorite game of this generation. Be prepared to be frustrated until you get the hang of the swing mechanic. The amount of quality courses you are able to play is staggering.
Thank you! I'll pick it up when I see it on sale or maybe gamepass will get it.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:30 pm
It's worth at least $25, even to a casual golf gamer, IMO. I like the way they add another analog control variable into its swing input, via swing stick tempo. It gives you something else to think about besides swing path and speed. The downside of it is that the tempo controls hook and slice, while swing path determines push and pull. That's the opposite of what my natural senses associate with hook/slice, push pull. It feels good when you pull off a good swing, but when you have a fast tempo swing, it doesn't compute that the ball hooks rather than gets pulled?

The variety of quality user made courses is staggering. That's what sets this game off and makes it such a tremendous value to me!

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I bought it day one (can't remember the date), so I've gotten 2 years of play in the DSP society plus playing on the TGC Tour. So more than got my money's worth.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Has anyone heard anything on the next game? Kind of surprised there has been nothing new since the Tiger Woods signing.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

JOZ wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:18 pm
Has anyone heard anything on the next game? Kind of surprised there has been nothing new since the Tiger Woods signing.
was just about to ask the same thing. isn't it overdue already? also what's going on w/ EA's new game? I think that was 2023.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

JOZ wrote:
They've come out in 3 year increments so far. So 2023

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

There was an interview a while back where the guy who does the announcing Luke whatever said he was in the next version and it would be out in August but I doubt that is happening.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:54 am
There was an interview a while back where the guy who does the announcing Luke whatever said he was in the next version and it would be out in August but I doubt that is happening.
He didn’t say what year. :wink:

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Luke Elvy does some of the commentary in the Career mode of PGA TOUR 2K21, and has been contracted to so the same for 2K23. He leaked an August release window for 2K21 in a radio interview back in May or June of 2020, and sure enough, 2K21 was released in August of 2020.

I think they were on track for an August release, but I'd be willing to bet that they've gotten cold feet, wondering how many of the current PGA TOUR Pros they've signed name, image, and likeness contracts with for the game might jump ship for the LIV a couple of weeks of months later. I'm not sure what that would look like contract wise, but it sounds like it has the potential to be a real mess. :?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:35 pm
Danimal wrote:
Mark, good to hear from you again! I thought about you when I was watching the Rocket Mortgage tournament at Detroit GC, and playing the tournament on the XBox Series X in the DSP Society. It's one of my top three official courses in the game, but I really gained an appreciation for it this past weekend, watching Tony Finau have a go at it. Have you ever been able to attend the tournament there?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

fsquid wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:00 pm
JOZ wrote:
They've come out in 3 year increments so far. So 2023
I was curious about this so I went back and searched for the release dates of the last two golf games in the series. They were both released in August of the year prior to the year used in the titles. The Golf Club 2019 came out in August 2018, and PGA TOUR 2K21 came out in August of 2020. I think they were on track for an August 2022 release for 2K23, but the LIV came along. I went into more detail about that in my reply to Danimal. But yeah, it would be nice to have a new golf game with some improved game mechanics, score keeping, graphics, frame rate improvements, etc. HB Studios and 2K are keeping their cards very close to their vests with this one for sure!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm not sure what LIV has to do with the games release. Are you saying if a player jumps to that exhibition tour and is in PGA there is an issue because the game is PGA licensed? Simple don't use any likenesses, I mean what's the point of them anyway?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:19 pm
I'm not sure what LIV has to do with the games release. Are you saying if a player jumps to that exhibition tour and is in PGA there is an issue because the game is PGA licensed? Simple don't use any likenesses, I mean what's the point of them anyway?
I'm not sure how profound the effects could be Dan. I'm wondering if they've got a couple of key players that they were planning to feature in the game who've either already contracted with the LIV, or are possibly known to be in in negotiation with the LIV. They may already have suspect players heavily laced into the game.... I don't know, just throwing out ideas. Something's got HB Studios and 2K muzzled over this right now, or so it seems to me.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:53 pm
MERACE wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:35 pm
Danimal wrote:
Mark, good to hear from you again! I thought about you when I was watching the Rocket Mortgage tournament at Detroit GC, and playing the tournament on the XBox Series X in the DSP Society. It's one of my top three official courses in the game, but I really gained an appreciation for it this past weekend, watching Tony Finau have a go at it. Have you ever been able to attend the tournament there?
Hey John, after watching the Rocket Mortgage tournament on TV I plan to attend it personally next year (barring any “pandemics” :roll:).

I’ve dropped out of the DSP society tournaments due to my inability to adapt to the tempo swing requirements. I play some daily solo rounds with tempo off as I still enjoy playing the game.

-MERACE

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MERACE wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:22 pm
I’ve dropped out of the DSP society tournaments due to my inability to adapt to the tempo swing requirements. I play some daily solo rounds with tempo off as I still enjoy playing the game.

-MERACE
And you’re not alone. Ditto for me since the last tempo patch which is eons ago now, but along with my trips away from home and unstable connections, I just tag alone with a sports that I play IRL and still enjoy the videogame part of it until the next Golf edition is, whenever that comes out.

So feel free to drop by anytime.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:22 pm
Hey John, after watching the Rocket Mortgage tournament on TV I plan to attend it personally next year (barring any “pandemics” :roll:).
It looked like the course was maybe 8 to 10 miles away from downtown Detroit, based on some of the blimp camera shots. Which compass direction is the course from the city? BTW, my wife and I came up in April to my son's, Father-in-Law's funeral. The family lives in Sterling Heights and we spent one night their with them. I couldn't get over how flat the terrain is there!?

I wanted to see on of the Great Lakes while we were there, so the family took us to Lake Huron. We went to Lexington Harbor, which I was quite impressed with. While there, my son's brother-in-law insisted that we eat in a place called "Wimpy's Place". The owner was like a combination of Bobby Knight and Don Rickles. He cracked on everybody in our party in a jabbing, yet hilarious manner. He asked me what I wanted to drink with my meal and I told him, "I'm almost ashamed to ask for it, but do you have cold sweet tea?" He snipped right back at me and said, "you're right, you should be ashamed to ask for that and you're not getting it!" The way he delivered it cracked me up to where I nearly fell off my stool at the bar! The food was great and it was like a comedy show the whole time we were eating. Check it out if you ever get the chance! 8)
I can relate to some of what you're going through. My overall game has been in a steady decline, all across the board, for the last three months. My chief problem is tempo regulation, as probably only half of my swings stay out of the Red Fast or Red Slow zone. What's killing me lately is my erratic putting stroke. I for some reason drastically pull my putts because I can't take the putter back, and bring it forward in a straight line. I miss a lot of 3 to 6 foot putts because I pull them so bad.

I get enough enjoyment out of the good shots to keep me going, but I find myself getting more and more frustrated with the game. I enjoy the two societies I play in, and will occasionally venture into a random 9 hole match in multiplayer, but that's becoming less and less frequent as I seem to have more tempo control problems when playing multiplayer.

I wish HB Studios would go back to using swing path to determine hook/slice and temp to determine push/pull. It would make more sense to me intuitively and make for a better playing game, IMO.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Will this game ever go to gamepass? I remember last year it was free for ps4 via ps plus.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

the day i post in this thread about gamepass these guys go AWOL.... :lol:

This was the last game back in 2020 I actually bought at the store. I played the s*** out of it mainly the offline PGA tour. Ended up selling it.

Well I had a friend who started playing this again and I got the urge to boot this back up but not on gamepass.

Luckily this was free on PS PLUS back in 2021 and I had saved it so I was able to DL on PS4.

I have to start over because my previous golfer was on XB, but man this game is still awesome. I guess they added some more modes - online mode w/ 3 golfers playing 3-5 holes is really fun.

I wish there was a way to transfer my XB player to PS4. And when is this going to come to gamepass!?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Lancer wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:57 pm
the day i post in this thread about gamepass these guys go AWOL.... :lol:

This was the last game back in 2020 I actually bought at the store. I played the s*** out of it mainly the offline PGA tour. Ended up selling it.

Well I had a friend who started playing this again and I got the urge to boot this back up but not on gamepass.

Luckily this was free on PS PLUS back in 2021 and I had saved it so I was able to DL on PS4.

I have to start over because my previous golfer was on XB, but man this game is still awesome. I guess they added some more modes - online mode w/ 3 golfers playing 3-5 holes is really fun.

I wish there was a way to transfer my XB player to PS4. And when is this going to come to gamepass!?
I think 2K21 will appear on Gamepass after 2K23 is released, at best. They're still apparently selling premium content for 2K21 in terms of apparel and equipment. Until they have 2K23 with which to sell premium DLC for, I don't think they put 2K21 on the Gamepass.