Fifa 22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Fifa 22

Post by Lancer »

downloaded the trail - played one offline PLAY NOW game, and wow, this plays pretty well (on xbox one).

I like how the passes are not perfect any longer. Not as good as PES but still well done.

Graphics look nice again like FIFA 19.

TOO BAD I don't have next gen.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Lancer wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:59 am
downloaded the trail - played one offline PLAY NOW game, and wow, this plays pretty well (on xbox one).

I like how the passes are not perfect any longer. Not as good as PES but still well done.

Actually, for the series X the graphics were not as sharp as last year. In fact the Xbox X holds its own just fine as I keep switching back and forth as the online games seems smoother for me. And since the online games rely so much on their servers, I sometimes just prefer it on the Xbox One X.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

10spro wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:57 am
Lancer wrote:

Actually, for the series X the graphics were not as sharp as last year. In fact the Xbox X holds its own just fine as I keep switching back and forth as the online games seems smoother for me. And since the online games rely so much on their servers, I sometimes just prefer it on the Xbox One X.
thats good to know about next gen . will try it out when i get next gen console.

i did compare on xbox one 22 vs 21 and definitely 22 looks better. 19 had the best lighting ever in a sports video game but ea did what ea does and ruined the graphics in 20 and 21 by adding this ugly dark filter.

but I'm very impressed by the gameplay of 22 (xbox one) and the variety of the type of games. some games are slow, some are fast, some are normal speed.

i know nobody plays offline anymore and it's all about ultimate team but the gameplay is so good in 22. im pleasantly surprised.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

EA's contract with FIFA ends after Qatar WC in 2022.

EA has explored changing the name of the game, even though the FIFA name for the game has huge brand identity worldwide.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/11/ ... over-name/

The article says EA is estimated to pay FIFA $150 million for naming rights. But probably gets as much as $1.5 billion in revenues from Ultimate Team in -game purchases.

I didn't realize some clubs like Juventus, Roma and Lazio have had their names (and kits?) removed from the game. However, EA still has licensing deals with UEFA and most of the top domestic leagues as well as Fifpro.

So even without the FIFA branding, the game would have all the top players and clubs.

But EA wants to do more with the club and player branding, such as sell NFTs. They also want to do something with famous former players such as Pele and Beckham, which would require more licensing.

They're also demanding more say in the direction of the sport itself. For instance, supposedly they were ticked that FIFA didn't consult the video game publisher about the possibility of biennial WCs, to bring more revenues to FIFA. OTOH, the EA licensing deal is the second biggest source of revenues for FIFA, apart from the WC.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

BF had 22 for Xbox one for $26 so picked it up.

My 10 hour trial ended but this game is just incredibly good.

I’m playing single player season and UEFA tourney and I just discovered this option to have star players play like star players. It’s called player based difficulty. Makes star players play at the next level of difficulty.

It makes the gameplay even that much better.
Is this option in madden and nhl too?

So I guess if I keep the physical disc and buy xbx later in the next gen game will be at No cost?

Game jus awes me also w graphics on old Xbox one! Next gen must be jaw dropping.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:47 am
Game jus awes me also w graphics on old Xbox one! Next gen must be jaw dropping.
As we mentioned earlier in this thread…the graphics are actually worse than last year. Blurry mess in the XSX at least. It probably looks better last Gen quite honestly.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

10spro wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:57 am
l
Lancer wrote:

I like how the passes are not perf ect any longer. Not as good as PES but still well done.

Yeah, we discussed this earlier. Enjoy your current version, the new gen for this title is not as your imagination thinks is at.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Ya Xbox one version looks great. Only the replays have that dark filter the previous 2 titles did but other than that , graphics on par w 19 which was the best looking fifa last gen.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The game will be cross play next season, whether it will be still called FIFA remains to be seen.

Sort out the on/off servers issues and it’s a great move by EA.

https://www.xfire.com/exclusive-fifa-23 ... mqlBZe0dS0

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

10spro wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:55 pm
The game will be cross play next season, whether it will be still called FIFA remains to be seen.

Sort out the on/off servers issues and it’s a great move by EA.

https://www.xfire.com/exclusive-fifa-23 ... mqlBZe0dS0
They literally can't keep a consistent connection on the same gen/manufacturer - there is literally zero chance it's playable next year cross platform.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

EA is officially dropping the FIFA licensing this year.

EA Sports FC is the new name and will retain all the club licensing.
Grubb also expressed surprise that EA Sports had not already gone to the trouble of announcing the name switch. He suggested an announcement and trailer had been "planned" to happen by this point in March 2022. Getting the news out of the way by early 2022 will arguably allow EA to less awkwardly celebrate its soccer series' 30th anniversary in late 2023.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2022/03/ ... ccer-game/

So no more national teams which played in the WC qualifying apparently.

Presumably no WC edition either. Don't know if they've been doing that in 2018 or 2014.