Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by sportdan30 »

Scored a PS5 just a little while ago from Gamefly of all places. Had to buy a bundle with Spiderman (which I very much wanted) and two controllers. Also included a 9 month rental to Gamefly for 2 games out at a time.

Most likely not keeping my Series X now, but we'll see.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Wait, Gamefly still exists? And rents games still? I thought they went away long ago. Learn something new every day I suppose.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:19 pm
Wait, Gamefly still exists? And rents games still? I thought they went away long ago. Learn something new every day I suppose.
I wasn't aware either. I'm paying $160 over what I normally would because of the stupid membership they're putting the in the bundle. Hoping to either find the console elsewhere (then cancel this order) or sell the 9 month membership for around $100 via the eBay route.

Best Buy just had the series X up for store pick up a couple days ago, so I'm hoping they'll do the same with the PS5.

I'm still entertaining thoughts of keeping the series X but it's hard to warrant it if we have a gaming pc in the house already. That changes if my son takes his pc back to college second semester.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:28 am
I'm still entertaining thoughts of keeping the series X but it's hard to warrant it if we have a gaming pc in the house already. That changes if my son takes his pc back to college second semester.
This hits the nail on the head for me. I think I got lucky not being able to get a series X on preorder day, it was just FOMO at work making me want to buy one. I haven't see a single title I want that will not be on the PC. As for the PS5 that decision was easy when I haven't turned it on in months. Plus for the games I like the PC is the place to be. Baldurs Gate 3 and Solasta are both turn based RPG's based on the 5e engine and both in early access are just what I need. Then indie titles like Among Us and Trial of Fire, not to mention all of the digital renditions of my favorite board games.

I'm sure on launch day I will have to fight the urge but I think I am out on a new console for now.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Managed to snag and X at BB for pick-up on release day. Already have an S coming via MSN that I got earlier. I'll just end up flipping that one to somebody at work for cost or on the web.

Hoping for a PS5 eventually.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

My Sony X900H TV’s firmware was updated today :D. It unlocked The much anticipated “PS5 Ready Feature” of 120 hz which is the reason I got the TV. All set for Next Gen consoles :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Diablo25 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:40 pm
My Sony X900H TV’s firmware was updated today :D. It unlocked The much anticipated “PS5 Ready Feature” of 120 hz which is the reason I got the TV. All set for Next Gen consoles :D
My x900e got an update today, too. Not sure what was in it though. I looked to see if the Apple TV app was there, but it wasn't.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Hmmm, never gave it consideration but there's talk of Xbox streaming sticks to play Game Pass games. Why not, if you can stream Game Pass on mobile devices?

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/xbox-g ... encer-news

To me this is a perfect example and pretty innovative of how Microsoft is forward thinking about the future. Whereas Sony just wants to continue with the current delivery system of selling a box and games.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

A writer at Gamespot got a PS5 and says that an HDMI cable and Stand are included in the box.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/we-ha ... 0-6483686/

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Rodster wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:02 pm
A writer at Gamespot got a PS5 and says that an HDMI cable and Stand are included in the box.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/we-ha ... 0-6483686/
Lol. Good, I was worried.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I believe the XBSX has an HDMI 2.1 in the box.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

What a touching gift from Sony. An 8K, 120 mHz HDMI cable costs a whopping $12 at Monoprice. Is the free Sony cable a 4K/60 mHz cable? If so, those are $5 at Monoprice.

:)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:13 am
What a touching gift from Sony. An 8K, 120 mHz HDMI cable costs a whopping $12 at Monoprice. Is the free Sony cable a 4K/60 mHz cable? If so, those are $5 at Monoprice.

They are generous for sure as that brilliant article also lists a power cord as included with the ps5. Power cords are a must for every gamer.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

What is the realistic timeframe for a PS5 being available to buy without jumping through hoops? I’m not going to pay a scalper, and I’m not going to do any crazy s*** like wait in line for hours. I want to order it from Amazon or walk into a target or Best Buy and pick up the disc version. I’m thinking it could be March or April of 2021. The main issue is my launch PS4 is acting funky, and my controller has seen better days. I’d hate to spend $60 on a new controller, but it would probably be worth it if it’s gonna be a 6 month wait for a system. It’s insane you have to get lucky to buy a damn console or iPhone at launch. Also crazy is it appears no one will let you order a PS5 when they’re on back order. You have to luck out and find one. Reminds me of a buddy of mine who is trying to buy a house right now, which is one of the worst times in my lifetime to be a prospective buyer. That’s my rant for the day.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:10 pm
pk500 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:13 am

They are generous for sure as that brilliant article also lists a power cord as included with the ps5. Power cords are a must for every gamer.
:) :) :) That gave me a good belly laugh, Alex. Thanks, dude!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fletcher21 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:10 pm
Reminds me of a buddy of mine who is trying to buy a house right now, which is one of the worst times in my lifetime to be a prospective buyer. That’s my rant for the day.
It's a f*cking great time to be alive if you're a mortgage loan officer, like my wife! :)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:53 pm
fletcher21 wrote:
Reminds me of a buddy of mine who is trying to buy a house right now, which is one of the worst times in my lifetime to be a prospective buyer. That’s my rant for the day.
It's a f*cking great time to be alive if you're a mortgage loan officer, like my wife! :)
No wonder you’re buying a new console at launch.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:47 am
pk500 wrote:
fletcher21 wrote:
I thought the same thing. I knew there was a reason the wife gave you the go ahead Paul!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

fletcher21 wrote:
What is the realistic timeframe for a PS5 being available to buy without jumping through hoops? I’m not going to pay a scalper, and I’m not going to do any crazy s*** like wait in line for hours. I want to order it from Amazon or walk into a target or Best Buy and pick up the disc version. I’m thinking it could be March or April of 2021. The main issue is my launch PS4 is acting funky, and my controller has seen better days. I’d hate to spend $60 on a new controller, but it would probably be worth it if it’s gonna be a 6 month wait for a system. It’s insane you have to get lucky to buy a damn console or iPhone at launch. Also crazy is it appears no one will let you order a PS5 when they’re on back order. You have to luck out and find one. Reminds me of a buddy of mine who is trying to buy a house right now, which is one of the worst times in my lifetime to be a prospective buyer. That’s my rant for the day.
I got lucky and a dude at work hit the #gaming Slack channel up when Best Buy opened up the Series X pre-orders again. I'm hopeful that they do it again of the PS5. I'm with you though, I bet it isn't until January before they get more stock and maybe mid-year before they are available in a random target. Kinda surprised Amazon hasn't had more available. I think for the PS4 they offered a bunch of Bundles (a PS4 and a KIndle Fire or some s***)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:47 am
pk500 wrote:
fletcher21 wrote:
Yes, sir! Had the green light from the first mention. A nice change of pace after 29 years of marriage! :)

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Sudz wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:28 am
fletcher21 wrote:
I got lucky and a dude at work hit the #gaming Slack channel up when Best Buy opened up the Series X pre-orders again. I'm hopeful that they do it again of the PS5. I'm with you though, I bet it isn't until January before they get more stock and maybe mid-year before they are available in a random target. Kinda surprised Amazon hasn't had more available. I think for the PS4 they offered a bunch of Bundles (a PS4 and a KIndle Fire or some s***)
I hope no one buys all the Ps5 on eBay that are going for around $850-$1000, but I’m sure some impulsive people with more money than sense will happily buy them, which keeps the scalpers doing their thing.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

fletcher21 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:08 pm
Sudz wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:28 am
fletcher21 wrote:
I hope no one buys all the Ps5 on eBay that are going for around $850-$1000, but I’m sure some impulsive people with more money than sense will happily buy them, which keeps the scalpers doing their thing.
Capitalism. More power to someone if they can get some dumbass to buy one for $900
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

So my teenagers have officially proclaimed that they want an XBox series X. Main reason is to play with their friends. I guess that gets us off the fence. I was always a PS guy because of MLB the show- but I guess that doesnt really matter any more. My gaming is pretty nonexistent at this point in life. So tell me, is ability to play with their friends a solid enough reason to pick one over the other?
Tony

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

MUTTS wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:40 pm
So my teenagers have officially proclaimed that they want an XBox series X. Main reason is to play with their friends. I guess that gets us off the fence. I was always a PS guy because of MLB the show- but I guess that doesnt really matter any more. My gaming is pretty nonexistent at this point in life. So tell me, is ability to play with their friends a solid enough reason to pick one over the other?
Tony
Well, obviously picking one system over the other is dependent on what consoles the FRIENDS pick. That would determine which one your kids get so that they can play together. That said, quite a few multiplatform games are going online without being platform specific so unless there are games that are exclusives, playing online is going to get easier as we go forward.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Series X Walkthrough.
Last edited by Diablo25 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25