Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by wco81 »

Everyone else is likely going to follow and raise prices.

Remember when it went from $50-60, it was one or two high-profile games or publishers which had made the first step.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I don’t care about the price increase. We’ve been lucky to have as great of prices as we have had for a long time now.

But it’s pretty lame to not make the games universal, so that you get the version that matches your device. That is how it will work with Xbox games, and has been the case with many third party games enhanced for XB1X.

I won’t double dip for any game just to get the enhanced fir XSX version. I’ll either wait or stick with the original. I’m probably not getting the XSX this year, so I guess I have time to see how this shakes out.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I am VERY ANXIOUS to see the Xbox Series X Games Showcase tomorrow at 12pm EST. I’m not a Halo worshipper but evidently part of Halo Infinite’s campaign is being shown tomorrow. That should be interesting. We all know Sony’s 1st party studio games are awesome and bested (well, whooped) Microsoft last gen. Over the past few years Microsoft has acquired numerous studios that have been developing XSX games. Hopefully they unveil some studly games tomorrow. I am going to be gone most of the day so I’ll be watching on my phone and then when I get home. We are almost to the 3 month window of both launches. Maybe Microsoft will announce their launch date tomorrow.

Also, tomorrow’s showcase is games only so the rumored Xbox Lockhart probably won’t be announced.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

There are only two images I must see from any Microsoft presentation: A slide showing the retail prices and another slide showing the release date.

Those are the only two specs that matter to me right now! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I watched the feed this morning, my first thought was “that’s it?”, but then I realized these were ONLY Xbox Studios titles (aka “free with GPU”). So, fine.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

greggsand wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:15 pm
I watched the feed this morning, my first thought was “that’s it?”, but then I realized these were ONLY Xbox Studios titles (aka “free with GPU”). So, fine.
Which also means they will all be on the PC...which has me second guessing my Xbox Series X purchase. Guess we'll see what's up w/ the PS5 in a few weeks.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:59 pm
greggsand wrote:
Which also means they will all be on the PC...which has me second guessing my Xbox Series X purchase. Guess we'll see what's up w/ the PS5 in a few weeks.
Did you think that wouldn't be the case?
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Maybe I'm not a graphics' whore, but the visuals looked gorgeous and next-gen to me in the trailer for the next Forza Motorsport game.

But yeah, I wasn't that impressed with the visuals of Halo Infinite. That's a bit of a swing and miss for Microsoft, as it's pinning a lot of its launch juice on a new addition to the Halo franchise. Halo has lost a lot of steam since the first three installments, and today's video showed few signs of resurrection to me.

Early days, though.
Last edited by pk500 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Visually, Halo looked mediocre compared to other FPS I've seen this gen. I really wasn't too impressed with the presentation. Many of the games don't appeal to me like they may have 10-15 years ago. Of course Forza will be a day one purchase for me, but other than that, I would wait for a sale on the others. I'm very content with waiting and building a PC next year and purchasing the PS5. Until then, I'll play my son's gaming PC which he is not taking to college. What's great is that every one of those games that was presented today can be played on the PC.
Last edited by sportdan30 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I think the new Forza will be released on Gamepass, it was the only game that I was interested in from the entire presentation.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

greggsand wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:17 pm
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:59 pm
greggsand wrote:
Did you think that wouldn't be the case?
Had a suspicion but until it's actually announced and proven I'm always skeptical of the way these companies run their businesses.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I thought Halo looked very good - visually. The whole experience of Halo is evidently being changed to an open world game where it’s not on rails but you can go and do main missions/side missions, etc. ala Assassins Creed, The Witcher, or many other action RPGs. I do agree that Halo is getting long in the tooth but it’s not going to be the “same old” Halo. And then there is the whole MP online facet of Halo that wasn’t even shown/discussed.

As far as all the other games, they looked fine but nothing blew my mind...just like the Sony games revealed about a month ago. I am mainly a sports gamer, military FPS gamer who enjoys certain action/adventure RPGs like Red Dead, Uncharted. I guess what I am saying is I like the more main stream games vs some of the niche stuff unveiled today. That’s just me though.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I watched the showcase after the fact so maybe that’s why I was impressed with the demo. 4K 60 FPS looked pretty good.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo- ... 0-6480138/
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Interesting article on xbox and game pass. I didn't watch much of the games event just some highlights. So I was pleasantly surprised to read that all the games shown will be on game pas day 1.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/7/23/21335 ... -game-pass
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Word is Microsoft is going to make Live free on the Xbox Series X. Not sure if that will do anything to the Game Pass Ultimate subscription. Basically they will drop the MP pay wall.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:12 am
Word is Microsoft is going to make Live free on the Xbox Series X. Not sure if that will do anything to the Game Pass Ultimate subscription. Basically they will drop the MP pay wall.
If MS decides to give away XBL/MP for free then that will put pressure on Sony to counter with PSN because Sony's service is not in the same league with XBL. It's not even close.

That also could mean Game Pass for $99 per year. Hell yeah because they sold me already on the service. So I was planning to re-up anyway.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:09 pm
Diablo25 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:12 am
If MS decides to give away XBL/MP for free then that will put pressure on Sony to counter with PSN because Sony's service is not in the same league with XBL. It's not even close.

That also could mean Game Pass for $99 per year. Hell yeah because they sold me already on the service. So I was planning to re-up anyway.
I love MS’s whole plan for next gen. If MS lowers the price of Ultimate (due to this possible move) then Sony has no choice IMO. Imagine if MS gives you 3 free months of Ultimate if you buy at launch (or something similar). MS is creating Netflix for video games. It’s a great move. If their first party games deliver, Sony will all most have to counter. Halo, which is a AAA title (whether you are a fan or not), will be a “free” launch game if you have Ultimate.

They still haven’t unveiled “Lockhart”, which won’t be a GameChanger, but it certainly will be a nice option if the rumors are true. I am enjoying all of the news starting to flow in. It’s fun to watch for a nerd like me :)

For the record, I like what the PS5 is offering. The all digital version is a great idea. If I get a PS5 that would be my choice. If MS offered and all digital version that would be my choice. I honestly don’t believe my Xbox one X’s disc drive has ever been used.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I didn't watch the whole showcase just videos of games I was interested in and I thought they had a lot of promise. At this point you either like Xbox style games or Sony style games. For me the games I enjoy more are on the PC and Xbox and the fact that they are all included with Game Pass means if I was to buy a next gen console it would be an easy decision.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I LOVE Microsoft's move toward becoming the Netflix of gaming. It's looking toward the future and toward the way people consume media today.

I would FAR rather spend $100-150 per year to have a vast library of new and existing games at my fingertips than spend the same and get two or three Sony blockbuster exclusives.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:16 pm
I LOVE Microsoft's move toward becoming the Netflix of gaming. It's looking toward the future and toward the way people consume media today.

I would FAR rather spend $100-150 per year to have a vast library of new and existing games at my fingertips than spend the same and get two or three Sony blockbuster exclusives.
According to this article, the census is that Microsoft is the more forward thinking company and the opinions were overwhelmingly positive for GP.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/usgame ... gen-debate

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

If true, no surprise how much the PS5 will go for.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ps5-pric ... -be-paying

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

$399 all digital isn’t too bad IMO.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Diablo25 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:20 pm
$399 all digital isn’t too bad IMO.
That's a good price for the PS5 and digital is the way I'm going when I decide to jump into next-gen.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

No surprise that a reference to an Xbox Series S has been spotted.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/evide ... 0-6480722/

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:33 am
No surprise that a reference to an Xbox Series S has been spotted.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/evide ... 0-6480722/
Supposedly it is a weaker version of the X. I wish MS was releasing an all digital version of the X like Sony’s all digital PS5. I never use the disc drive so saving $50-$100 on the console would be great.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25