Good game for a big DSP Poker Night?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Good game for a big DSP Poker Night?

Post by pk500 »

Fellas:

I imagine that most of us, by now, are homebound for most of the time -- or at least our spare time -- due to coronavirus. Would be cool to get a large-scale Poker Night going with a game that isn't too tough, has fun modes and is readily available to most.

My idea? Forza Horizon 4.

It's a great game. The best in the series since the original, by far. Plus it's on GamePass, which most of us have, so access is easy.

Finally, I have so many fond memories of eight to 12 guys here gathering for games of Infected (Appropriate mode now? Too soon for that joke?) and also races on that long Goliath course with the original Forza Horizon close to 10 years ago. Wondering if we could rekindle that magic sometime soon.

Who's interested? What times work best for you? Let's do this! Any other suggestions for games like this?
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Good game for a big DSP Poker Night?

Post by TCrouch »

I think that cross plays with PC, so I'd be all over it :)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I’m good with FH4 too.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'd be down, you'll need someone to come in last :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Cox suspended data caps :) and I told my boys its is my turn to play tonight for a change.

I'm downloading now for Xbone.

Hopefully it downloads in time to join you guys.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Hell, Dan, it's not about the finishing order: It's about the fun. We all need that right now. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I'm usually on around 8pm to 11 Eastern Timr

I'd be in for Forza Horizon 4.

Another great MP on Game Pass is Rocket League.

A lot of us have COD and that one is multi-platform too.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

I'm interested. Will try to stay awake for whatever time works for the majority.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

I’d be down. Hard to get away from rocket league and div2 though.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Good call on Rocket League. That's another REALLY fun one for MP.

I play a lot of Horizon 4, but always solo. Teal and I went through some of the multiplayer mechanism last night, and it's confusing and clunky, to say the least. We have figured out a good chunk of it, and I'll read up today on the best way for us to get together.

Horizon 4 is one of those "always online" games, so it's different than hitting Multiplayer on the menu, starting a party, finding a race and letting it rip.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

PK you gotta pick a day and time and just see who can come.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:PK you gotta pick a day and time and just see who can come.
Yes, sir. Probably tomorrow night or Friday night. Will let you cats know.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I will join in if I have the game you guys play
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Just saw this, and I’m actually playing the crap out of FH4 right now. Actually got my wife addicted to it. They God I finally switched from an iMac to a gaming PC over the holidays!

Will be be checking in.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I know plenty of you are down on Madden for the usual reasons, but I’ve really gotten into the KO Superstar mode because it embraces what it is so well. That is, it’s a great way to play some fun quick games online, and get to play with a variety of players. You can play 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3. Would love to try out the co-op modes if anyone is game.

It’s basically a game of NFL OT, but no kicking. Each team gets one drive from their own 25. Score a TD and you have to go for two. If it tied after the two drives, you play tug-of-war. The ball is placed at the 50, and you alternate possessions. The goal is to score. After x plays, end zones contract x yards. If you get the ball first, and gain 10 yards, your opponent is now running a play from their 40. And so on.

Before the match you choose from eight preset teams that have various strengths and weaknesses. Contributing to those strengths is not just the make-up of the roster, but how good or poor the playbooks are. I play with Shutdown the most, which has a dominating defense, but terrible offense. Their playbook has three offensive formations, and only three plays for each. But on defense, they have all the formations. One team has a defense whose best pass formation is nickel coverage. But they have a great offense.

After that, you get to draft three X-Factors. There is no activating these guys. They are always activated. After each win, you get to draft one more. The goal is to win 4 straight games. One loss starts the process over. So the “Championship” game has each team with six X-Factors.

Not saying it is a mode worth buying Madden for, and it probably annoyed many for being included, but, if you have the game, you might find it worth checking out.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Sorry for my lack of action here, fellas. Furloughs and layoffs at my company, and I was one of the lucky to survive. So, I'm beyond busy, doing a lot of extra work.

Will try to get my head above water and organize a Poker Night soon.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Aristo wrote:I know plenty of you are down on Madden for the usual reasons, but I’ve really gotten into the KO Superstar mode because it embraces what it is so well. That is, it’s a great way to play some fun quick games online, and get to play with a variety of players. You can play 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3. Would love to try out the co-op modes if anyone is game.

It’s basically a game of NFL OT, but no kicking. Each team gets one drive from their own 25. Score a TD and you have to go for two. If it tied after the two drives, you play tug-of-war. The ball is placed at the 50, and you alternate possessions. The goal is to score. After x plays, end zones contract x yards. If you get the ball first, and gain 10 yards, your opponent is now running a play from their 40. And so on.

Before the match you choose from eight preset teams that have various strengths and weaknesses. Contributing to those strengths is not just the make-up of the roster, but how good or poor the playbooks are. I play with Shutdown the most, which has a dominating defense, but terrible offense. Their playbook has three offensive formations, and only three plays for each. But on defense, they have all the formations. One team has a defense whose best pass formation is nickel coverage. But they have a great offense.

After that, you get to draft three X-Factors. There is no activating these guys. They are always activated. After each win, you get to draft one more. The goal is to win 4 straight games. One loss starts the process over. So the “Championship” game has each team with six X-Factors.

Not saying it is a mode worth buying Madden for, and it probably annoyed many for being included, but, if you have the game, you might find it worth checking out.
This sounds interesting and I think I will have to try it
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"