Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Post by Diablo25 »

Servers must be getting hammered. I have 350+ mb download speed and it’s been well over an hour and a half and I’m at 53%.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Was never a fan of Battle Royale in any game but I must say that in Warfare this particular mode feels different. So glad they added ’Solo’ as it adds a totally new dimension when it comes to tension and strategy. With MP play depending who you play with, you may not be on the same page, your cover gets blown etc.

Was fortunate to win my first Solo yesterday while placing second the following game. Finding epic guns helps but more importantly stick to your plan.

If you haven’t played it yet give Warfare a chance, not as hectic as Ground War but definitely filled with suspense tactics and timely executions.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Was never a fan of Battle Royale in any game but I must say that in Warfare this particular mode feels different. So glad they added ’Solo’ as it adds a totally new dimension when it comes to tension and strategy. With MP play depending who you play with, you may not be on the same page, your cover gets blown etc.

Was fortunate to win my first Solo yesterday while placing second the following game. Finding epic guns helps but more importantly stick to your plan.

If you haven’t played it yet give Warfare a chance, not as hectic as Ground War but definitely filled with suspense tactics and timely executions.
Do you mean Warzone?
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

10spro wrote:Was never a fan of Battle Royale in any game but I must say that in Warfare this particular mode feels different. So glad they added ’Solo’ as it adds a totally new dimension when it comes to tension and strategy. With MP play depending who you play with, you may not be on the same page, your cover gets blown etc.

I will be trying solo today.

Been playing in squad (mostly without randoms) and having fun with it. I like the ability to comeback from the Gulag or buyback. We had a match where only one of us was left very early on. One of the other two then won in the Gulag and dropped back in. Two in game then looted enough cash to buyback our third. Ended up with 4th place finish.

A lot of times we only have two, so look for us online if you want a full squad match.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Plunder mode is a total shocker. AWESOME mode. I figured it was some generic cash grab mode but it’s very good. I like it better than the BR mode. Myself, Pete, Teal and a few other friends played it for a solid 3 hours last night.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Diablo25 wrote:Plunder mode is a total shocker. AWESOME mode. I figured it was some generic cash grab mode but it’s very good. I like it better than the BR mode. Myself, Pete, Teal and a few other friends played it for a solid 3 hours last night.
Fun mode. More action the Warzone, thanks to respawns and cash extractions which focuses the combat on the same large map. Plus mad looting!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Pete1210 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Plunder mode is a total shocker. AWESOME mode. I figured it was some generic cash grab mode but it’s very good. I like it better than the BR mode. Myself, Pete, Teal and a few other friends played it for a solid 3 hours last night.
Fun mode. More action the Warzone, thanks to respawns and cash extractions which focuses the combat on the same large map. Plus mad looting!
Ooooh, this sounds good. I'm not a huge fan of Warzone because I think I'm just Battle Royaled-out. But Plunder sounds cool. Must try it!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Pete1210 wrote:
Ooooh, this sounds good. I'm not a huge fan of Warzone because I think I'm just Battle Royaled-out. But Plunder sounds cool. Must try it!
Definitely Paul. I know you aren’t a big BR guy but this has no closing circle or one and done life. Huge map, unlimited respawns, looting, and some cool strategy. Like I said above, it totally caught me off guard.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:Definitely Paul. I know you aren’t a big BR guy but this has no closing circle or one and done life. Huge map, unlimited respawns, looting, and some cool strategy. Like I said above, it totally caught me off guard.
You've got me hook, line and sinker!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I have yet to play Plunder but I keep saying I need to try it. I really like what they did with Warzone with the Gulag and being able to buy things, definitely enhances the BR game, but I would love to give Plunder go one night with you gents if you have an opening available.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I wish the ballistics were better. Too many of the guns feel no better or worse than the last one I picked up. The map is cool, though. I wish it had a "sim/hardcore mode" to scratch that PUBG-itch.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

AcemanPR wrote:I have yet to play Plunder but I keep saying I need to try it. I really like what they did with Warzone with the Gulag and being able to buy things, definitely enhances the BR game, but I would love to give Plunder go one night with you gents if you have an opening available.
If you see us playing, join our xbox party chat.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Bill is right: Plunder is F*CKING AWESOME. Might be the coolest mode I've played in a shooter in a long time, if not ever.

I was not that impressed with Battle Royale in Warzone -- just another BR game with a few fresh wrinkles. But Plunder combines so many elements of cool modes in other shooters and games. My head spun while trying to trace all of its DNA strands to other games after finishing a MASSIVELY fun night of this mode last night with Teal and Bill.

Big-time winner. Thanks again for the tip, Bill!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:Bill is right: Plunder is F*CKING AWESOME. Might be the coolest mode I've played in a shooter in a long time, if not ever.

I was not that impressed with Battle Royale in Warzone -- just another BR game with a few fresh wrinkles. But Plunder combines so many elements of cool modes in other shooters and games. My head spun while trying to trace all of its DNA strands to other games after finishing a MASSIVELY fun night of this mode last night with Teal and Bill.

Big-time winner. Thanks again for the tip, Bill!
:D It’s what I’m here for.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Thanks for the invite Diablo, that was awesome. Went exclusively from Ground War, to some Kill Confirmed and TDM’s to Warzone. Because of the forum issues, I didn’t quite follow this thread but it maybe my next favorite mode.

This CoD is awesome... 8)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Thanks for the invite Diablo, that was awesome. Went exclusively from Ground War, to some Kill Confirmed and TDM’s to Warzone. Because of the forum issues, I didn’t quite follow this thread but it maybe my next favorite mode.

This CoD is awesome... 8)
I agree. Good having your shooting skills in the squad! This is my favorite COD. FYI; Infinity Ward replaced Plunder with “Blood Money” which is a tweaked version of plunder.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

COD Black Ops: Cold War teased yesterday. Looks pretty good. I’m a product of the 80’s Cold War era so this should be a fun one. Full reveal August 26th.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25