Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Post by Pete1210 »

Having a good time with this one so far. So far I've played a little campaign, Domination and Ground War which is like BF Conquest. I do miss having enough to run private matches, but there is a 2v2 mode and the most fun I had was the 2v2 with Teal, Diablo and my friend Craig. Did not try the co-op yet.

Anyone up for a game night on Friday? Game supports cross platform play.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Post by Spooky »

I'm intrigued by this one.

What modes can you play in 2v2?
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Spooky wrote:I'm intrigued by this one.

What modes can you play in 2v2?
There is a dedicated 2 v 2 mode, called Gunfight. There are a couple of other modes that could work with smaller teams. Co op mode supports up to 4 players.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Played a few big map Team Death matches last night. I believe its 20 on a map...10 vs 10. Bigger maps and a tad bit slower than normal TDM. Good stuff.

The Campaign has been super so far. Ground War can be frustrating due to all the snipers but its still fun.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Having tons of fun with this COD. It’s the best one in a long time. Teal, PK and myself had a ball playing big team DM and Domination tonight. Leveling up guns is very satisfying. Pleasantly surprised by the game. Was very close to not getting it. Glad I did.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:Having tons of fun with this COD. It’s the best one in a long time. Teal, PK and myself had a ball playing big team DM and Domination tonight. Leveling up guns is very satisfying. Pleasantly surprised by the game. Was very close to not getting it. Glad I did.
Agree. This could be my favorite COD game since the original MW. I also really liked WW II, but this game is better.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

This kind of game REALLY makes me long for the format of that one game - and of course I'm blanking on the name right now - But the game with the chokeholds that the offensive team had to push through to get to the next "spawn" point before the defensive team wiped out all the respawns.

Some of the earlier Battlefields had this concept but this particular game did it perfectly. Crap, can't believe I forgot the name. It was a short series maybe like 10 years ago.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I'm guessing Rush in Bad Company 2. It was awesome
GT = Wilk5280

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Wilk5280 wrote:I'm guessing Rush in Bad Company 2. It was awesome
BINGO!

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Ugh. Scratch that. It wasn’t a battlefield game. It was like rush mode but almost more refined.

It was a different series from CoD and BF

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Medal of Honor. 360.

Phew.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

That was a very underrated game, IMO. The online wasn't so much fun, for me, but I played through the campaign several times.
GT = Wilk5280

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Anyway, back on topic.

This coming from someone who's enjoyed just about every Call of Duty game for what it was, so take my opinion for what it's worth. This is the online shooter I've been clamoring for. I am the epitome of what everyone who is bitching about this game is bitching about. :)

I love the slower pace. I can have fun without racking up 35 - 40 kills a round, but today's gamer is bothered by that. In its current state, this is not the typical run n' gun fast twitch shooter that CoD is pretty much known for. It's not the most realistic stealth shooter either and finds itself somewhere in between.

Other than Piccadilly Square, I really enjoy the maps. They've moved away from the typical 3 lanes format and these are kind of a cross between CoD Maps with a touch of Battlefield design thrown in.

And for the love of all things gaming they have pretty much absolutely nailed cross platform gaming. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come in the future with other titles. Exclusives should be what drives gamers' purchasing decisions, not what console your friend is on. All multi-platform games should support cross platform online play going forward. There's no excuse for them not to.

I love that I can be on the xbox upstairs playing and when the wife kicks me to the basement I can fire up the PS4, and because of game sharing with my son, I can pick up right where I left off online. All my stats, unlocks, etc carry over. That alone is tits for me!
Last edited by Wilk5280 on Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GT = Wilk5280

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Cross Platforming might actually sway me to purchase. That said, I don’t want to have to buy the game multiple times. Why can’t I buy it once and play it on all three of my platforms? That would get me to buy it because I can play it wherever I am in my house. Kind of like the PlayAnywhere Xbox/PC stuff. I love how they sync.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Despite my lack of gaming time recently and the fact that the last few COD games I bought I regretted, I did pick this up for PC. The crossplay is a nice feature because I can get the souped up graphics on my 3440x1440 120hz PC monitor, and play with mouse/keyboard or controller/console people if I feel like it so there's no tradeoff in choosing between PC or console purchase.

My first impressions are good. The things that jumped out to me is how much better the sound is (Battlefield always had huge advantage here, but not anymore), and it's more about 'basic' gunplay in a good way. Constant sprinting and obtrusive kill streaks were my least favorite aspects of where the COD series went, and this seems to be minimized in this game.

Not sure if I'll find the time to play with any of you guys online but that would be cool if it ever works out.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Ok, time to unwrap this game. Have been trying to finish Breakout but it’s so immense that game that I will have to put it on rotation.

I really enjoyed the last few COD’s from BO’s IV on so pretty sure I will enjoy this one as well as most of you do already.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Even now, as I approach a half-century on this planet, the forum effect is real...

:lol: :lol:
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Wilk, you f*cking nailed it with your analysis. Spot on, man. Well done. Could not agree more.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:Wilk, you f*cking nailed it with your analysis. Spot on, man. Well done. Could not agree more.
The game or the tits part. Right on man...

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:
pk500 wrote:Wilk, you f*cking nailed it with your analysis. Spot on, man. Well done. Could not agree more.
The game or the tits part. Right on man...
Both!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

When I am in London, I frequent the Piccadilly Circus area often. Brilliantly done, intense battles with the terrorist there.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Buttholes! I picked it up today and having a blast with the campaign so far!!

Freaking game looks sexy in 4k hdr too!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I wasn't going to get it. Loved WWII, but BO4 blew chunks, other than Blackout, briefly. But damn if I don't love this game. Not "put up with MP just to play SP", but genuinely love this game. Wow.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:I wasn't going to get it. Loved WWII, but BO4 blew chunks, other than Blackout, briefly. But damn if I don't love this game. Not "put up with MP just to play SP", but genuinely love this game. Wow.
Another bull's-eye. Agree completely with all!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Okay fine, I bought it. F you guys. Hopefully I can kill you guys on the Xbox - since usually I'm a PC guy, but figured why not try to go w/ a controller...since my Elite 2 will be here next week hopefully.