New Year Predictions

New forum for the New City Baseball League

Moderator: Bill_Abner

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

New Year Predictions

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

For the Green Sox, I predict ... PAIN.

And I mean for Green Sox fans, not opponents. We're really going to rely on pitching this year in a big way, because Ybarra retired and we lost a player to FA. (We simply can't afford him, and he's overpriced anyhoo.)

Our top 4 must step up the way they can. And we need to have a better outing from our relief corps.

What are your expectations?

Breadman-HagerstownGoldSx
Mario Mendoza

GoldSox Predict...

Post by Breadman-HagerstownGoldSx »

a bust out year for super rookie Dale Holley. He will be slotted in the 4/5 spot in the rotation and could provide the push for a playoff spot in the re-aligned AL East. While we are glad to continue to compete with Charleston and now Brooklyn it is hard to predict a division win with the Cicada's being as strong as usual.

We think 90 wins and hope that is enough for the playoffs.

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

And now there's a regular battle between Sox.

YoungstownSteelheads
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by YoungstownSteelheads »

Another rebuilding year in Youngstown as we try to overcome ownership (me) not knowing what it was doing for the first 2 seasons.

Playing .500 ball and getting out of the red financially in the newly formed NL Central is our goal for 2012.

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

I am waiting for FA to simmer down until posting my 2012 season predictions -- the DH will change a lot of teams.
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Charleston is hoping to adjust to the AL. We were fortunate that Hagerstown had an off year - I'm not expecting that to happen again. But barring major injuries, I'm predicting a division title. Anything after that is just playoff luck.

jcalvert
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by jcalvert »

Albany (hopefully soon to be Columbus) is just throwing around some money ... because it can. After mostly sitting on the sidelines last year, Albany is looking to improve pitching and maybe minor upgrades here and there to see where things land. Have to at least get back over .500.
jcalvert
www.calvertgames.com