Player Retirements

New forum for the New City Baseball League

Moderator: Bill_Abner

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

Player Retirements

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

Goodbye, Javier. And thank you for unrealistically retiring in the middle of a massive contract. :p

Seriously, he'd get my vote for the Hall of Fame, despite a brief 3 year career. He was the most popular Green Sox player and popular around the league and was a beast at the plate.

Now, it's all up to the guy I drafted early in the inaugural draft who was expressly going to replace Ybarra.

YoungstownSteelheads
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by YoungstownSteelheads »

I've got a couple of guys I wish would retire in the middle of a massive contract.

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

Players like that are tough for HoF induction just because of a lack of body of work. I understand what you mean, but 2 HoF worthy seasons may not be enough because he started to late
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

Bill_Abner wrote:Players like that are tough for HoF induction just because of a lack of body of work. I understand what you mean, but 2 HoF worthy seasons may not be enough because he started to late
How about Manny Gomez? 2 Cys in the first 2 years of the League. Just from that he's eligible.

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

GreenSoxJonah wrote:
Bill_Abner wrote:Players like that are tough for HoF induction just because of a lack of body of work. I understand what you mean, but 2 HoF worthy seasons may not be enough because he started to late
How about Manny Gomez? 2 Cys in the first 2 years of the League. Just from that he's eligible.
Gomez is a different matter entirely...
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

Bill_Abner wrote:
GreenSoxJonah wrote:
Gomez is a different matter entirely...
my asst. manager thinks he's my #2 pitcher. That worries me. :p