360 Still Looking

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

360 Still Looking

Post by Danimal »

I may be only one of a few still looking, but I am going to be calling stores in my area daily. So I thought if others notice a place selling it they could post it in here. (I know there was another thread but honestly that wasn't the main topic of it)

Anyway called 20 stores today in the NW burbs of Chicago, every single one of them (except one) told me they have no idea when they will be getting more. Most of them told me they do not expect anymore before Xmas, which is just mind numbing.

One Meijer told me they would have a shipment on Friday. That is the one in St. Charles, IL
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

I called every Target within 75 miles of me and none had any. Most also told me they wouldn't get any more until post Febuary which is BS but that's what they all think. I would try other stores but im more inclined to get mine at Target becasue I get a 10% employee discount.

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

Danimal,

My local Target is expecting a shipment tonight/tomorrow. Not sure how many though. I need to buy one for my Nephew and I also promised another DSP'er that I'd get him one if I'm able to.

Are most here looking for the Premium edition?

red

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

I'm checking Sears tomorow.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

I'm going to Target tomorrow morning. I have a damn meeting later in the day so I can't shop around. If CC is open at 8 I'll swing by there and Toys R Us.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

I stopped by a Target and Walmart today around 1:00 today and nothing. I will try again tomorrow - in augusta, ga

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I will be doing some Target checking this morning. I came in early so I could hit the place when it opens.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Had a VERY nice conversation last night with a lady employee at Sears. :twisted:

Went in at 8:10pm and talk for about 20mins untill her boss started to snoop around.

Oh yeah, about the 360. I'm checking today :lol:

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I hit up the Times Square Toys R Us this morning when it opened. No luck.

I hate just having to keep checking stores. From here on in, Im pre-ordering everything, even if I don't want it. Barbie's Horse Adventures 2? Pre-ordered.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

If any stores were to receive a shipment today, I'd expect it to arrive anywhere from mid-morning, to early afternoon.

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

I'm so damn tempted to hit the Target, Frys, & Wall Mart near me, but I need the cash for something else.

I cant believe all this hype for the 360 has gotten to me, I'm almost wishing I had not planned this trip to Hawaii so I could be 360 gaming instead.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

Boltman wrote:I'm so damn tempted to hit the Target, Frys, & Wall Mart near me, but I need the cash for something else.

I cant believe all this hype for the 360 has gotten to me, I'm almost wishing I had not planned this trip to Hawaii so I could be 360 gaming instead.
I'd gladly trade my 360 for your trip to Hawaii... :wink:

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Slumberland wrote:I hate just having to keep checking stores. From here on in, Im pre-ordering everything, even if I don't want it. Barbie's Horse Adventures 2? Pre-ordered.
The sad thing is I was number two on the pre-order list at my local E.B. but then I upgraded my computer this summer and cancelled my pre-order. I definitely wish I could undo that.

I'm also getting tired of calling and stopping in stores to check. I've got a few online stores bookmarked and I'll still check them but no more messing with brick and mortar unless I hear from someone that they're in stock. I'll just keep playing my old black box until then.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Target this morning is a no go. They are giving the March line.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

No go at the local Wal-Mart this morning, but I still plan to check back later today. I think there will definitely be SOME units in the non-preorder channels this week.

The bigger challenge right now is that the hype and public awareness is SO HIGH that employees and people who don't even know what an XBox is will grab them as soon as they appear, making it nearly impossible for the average gamer to score one. It's going to be a matter of knowing the right people or being in the right place at the right time - miracle.

Even though I've already got mine, the Christmas spirit has taken hold and I'd really like to make someone's day by finding one of these suckers...
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I noticed EB changed their bundle message online to say that orders now received may not ship until March. It said January or February last week. And you still have to order a bundle to put an order in. Best Buy won't even take orders now.

It seems to me that MS really screwed this up. The PS2 shortage was different because Sony had a huge built-in PS1 audience that would wait. When you're the #2 guy trying to make inroads on your competition, not having your product available is a pretty bad strategy.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

i'll try to look at target at lunch

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

The mis-information out there is astounding.

I did a little running around this morning. The guy at the Target said to me "We're not getting any until after Valentines Day. They've been recalled."

"What?" I said. "Yep, even people who have them now have to send them back, they've been recalled."

Unbelievable. Actually, for a minute I did believe him, but then I came to my senses. The Walmart had none, but I wasn't able to get any information from anyone, since I don't speak Urdu or Hindi or Pharsee or whatever it was. The Best Buy guys were very nice and helpful, but told me that they were told 'mid December.' While they didn't have any HDs, they did have some wireless controllers in stock.

Ah well. Slumber, if you come upon anything, give me a ring. I am on my way back to the City this afternoon and shoot hit Penn Station around 4pm.

Oh, and is there any way you can drop some money for me on that Barbie's Horse Adventures 2? :lol:

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: 360 Still Looking

Post by TheGamer »

Danimal wrote:I may be only one of a few still looking, but I am going to be calling stores in my area daily. So I thought if others notice a place selling it they could post it in here. (I know there was another thread but honestly that wasn't the main topic of it)

Anyway called 20 stores today in the NW burbs of Chicago, every single one of them (except one) told me they have no idea when they will be getting more. Most of them told me they do not expect anymore before Xmas, which is just mind numbing.

One Meijer told me they would have a shipment on Friday. That is the one in St. Charles, IL
Danimal, I called the BB, CC, Target, and Walmart here in Schaumburg, noone has any and noone knows when they will get any in. Even though I have one, I'm kind of on a mission to see if I can find one.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Best Buy here in Atlanta just told me they are doing a "re-release" on December 18 at their store. He said it will be first come first served on that date, and that they would not have any before.
For whatever its worth.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TheGamer wrote: Danimal, I called the BB, CC, Target, and Walmart here in Schaumburg, noone has any and noone knows when they will get any in. Even though I have one, I'm kind of on a mission to see if I can find one.
Hey Gamer I didn't know you were in Schaumburg, I used to live there until about 2 years ago. We definetly need a Chicago get together sometime.

Let me know if you find anything. Right now I am using 2 places as my main checks. Meijer, because they are open 24 hours and they usually unload there stock around midnight the day before. I was told a few times, they expect them on Friday, so Thursday night I will be calling.

CompUSA, people forget to check there, I went in one yesterday and they actually had boxes set up, when I rushed over they were for display only. Again he said he didn't know for sure, but thought they might get some this week.

Also Dan Clarke gave me a good link, he told me not to share it, but DSP is imune to that right.

http://xbox360tracker.com/
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

Danimal wrote:
TheGamer wrote: Danimal, I called the BB, CC, Target, and Walmart here in Schaumburg, noone has any and noone knows when they will get any in. Even though I have one, I'm kind of on a mission to see if I can find one.
Hey Gamer I didn't know you were in Schaumburg, I used to live there until about 2 years ago. We definetly need a Chicago get together sometime.

Let me know if you find anything. Right now I am using 2 places as my main checks. Meijer, because they are open 24 hours and they usually unload there stock around midnight the day before. I was told a few times, they expect them on Friday, so Thursday night I will be calling.

CompUSA, people forget to check there, I went in one yesterday and they actually had boxes set up, when I rushed over they were for display only. Again he said he didn't know for sure, but thought they might get some this week.

Also Dan Clarke gave me a good link, he told me not to share it, but DSP is imune to that right.

http://xbox360tracker.com/

actually, I live on the southside, I just work out here in Schaumburg, right down the street from Woodfield mall. I figured if a 360 is to be found it would be out here.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

TheGamer wrote:actually, I live on the southside, I just work out here in Schaumburg, right down the street from Woodfield mall. I figured if a 360 is to be found it would be out here.
Wow, that's quite a commute. The traffic by Woodfield Mall can be a b*tch. I live out in Romeoville and work in Burr Ridge. Count me in if there's a Chicago get together.

And to stay on topic, I've been keeping an eye out in hopes to help out a fellow DSPer but so far nothing. The Target 2 minutes from work doesn't seem to have a clue when they might get more in.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

ScoopBrady wrote:
TheGamer wrote:actually, I live on the southside, I just work out here in Schaumburg, right down the street from Woodfield mall. I figured if a 360 is to be found it would be out here.
Wow, that's quite a commute. The traffic by Woodfield Mall can be a b*tch. I live out in Romeoville and work in Burr Ridge. Count me in if there's a Chicago get together..
Yeah the drive is a b*tch. We're just waiting for my two boys to get school age and its out to the 'burbs we go. Right now its more convenient to live in the city for child care.