College football discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

College football discussion

Post by bdoughty »

Well OU looks like they are going to take this year off. Already 7-0 TCU with driving again. Hopefully Stoops can ream some players into a comeback in the second half. Fumbling at the 5 did not help things.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The only game that counts is Monday night.

CincyKid
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by CincyKid »

Buckeyes run the table ;)

(see ya in the big game BK and if you stumble im sure DB is chomping at the bit for his rematch :))

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

dbdynsty25 wrote:The only game that counts is Monday night.
MNF does not start until the week after. :P

------------------

Well OU has already replaced Thompson. Bomar better start hitting some passes otherwise it will be a long afternoon.

Still I have OU making a comback and winning 21-13.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

Down goes AP...high ankle sprain.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Sully wrote:Down goes AP...high ankle sprain.
Sucks for OU...kiss the season goodbye.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sully wrote:Down goes AP...high ankle sprain.
Sucks for OU...kiss the season goodbye.
TCU 17
OU 10

Wow...

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

On a positive note my NCAA 06 Sooners beat TCU 35-14. AP ran for 235 yards and I did not have to rely on the QB's. I think I will now live through my Sooner Dynasty this season. ;)

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Exciting win for the Illini today. When it was 27-7 I thought they were done for but they showed some heart and came back in the second half. Good opener for Zook. Now let's see what Northern Illinois can do at Michigan.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

Wow, big comeback for Illinois. While Zook is a bit too hyper for my tastes, I just think that he could turn things around because he is a good recruiter.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Great win for Illinios! ..and well, although I'm a Big 12 guy.. the TCU - Oklahoma game was great.

Mizzou rolls over big bad Arkansas St. :wink:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Calling Dr. Kervorkian, patient in Lubbock, Texas, calling Dr. Kervorkian ... :)

Shocker about OU!

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

Sorry about OU BD. That sucks.

Ohio State looked really, really good.
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Well, NIU couldn't quite handle playing in the Big House but Notre Dame is sure looking good in the first half at Pitt. Brady Quinn looks like a completely different quarterback.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

pk500 wrote:Calling Dr. Kervorkian, patient in Lubbock, Texas, calling Dr. Kervorkian ... :)

Shocker about OU!

Take care,
PK
Bill_Abner wrote:Sorry about OU BD. That sucks.

LOL... That game was the most frustrating 3 hours I have ever sat through. I knew this year was "rebuilding" in place of "reloading" without any QB experience but expected them to beat TCU. Hats of to the Horn Frogs coach for coming in with the perfect yet simple gameplan (stop Peterson). I put the onus on the Longhorns before the season started and now we must focus on winning the Texas game and the Big 12 South.

Bill from what little I saw OSU did look good. They had their 3rd string QB in by the 3rd Qtr from what I recall? All I ask is they harness the hatered they have for Michigan and pour a 55 gallon barrel of whoopass on the Longhorns.

Changing my avatar this week to support the cause.

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

bdoughty wrote:
pk500 wrote:Calling Dr. Kervorkian, patient in Lubbock, Texas, calling Dr. Kervorkian ... :)

Shocker about OU!

Take care,
PK

LOL... That game was the most frustrating 3 hours I have ever sat through. I knew this year was "rebuilding" in place of "reloading" without any QB experience but expected them to beat TCU. Hats of to the Horn Frogs coach for coming in with the perfect yet simple gameplan (stop Peterson). I put the onus on the Longhorns before the season started and now we must focus on winning the Texas game and the Big 12 South.

Bill from what little I saw OSU did look good. They had their 3rd string QB in by the 3rd Qtr from what I recall? All I ask is they harness the hatered they have for Michigan and pour a 55 gallon barrel of whoopass on the Longhorns.

34-14 doesnt begin to say how dominating that game was for OSU. The 2nd team was playing at the start of the 4th or it could have easily been worse.

Texas is going to be a real chore but I don't think Young will run over the OSU defense like he did Michigan last year. OSU's linebackers will be very tough to scramble on; if Texas comes in with the gameplan of, "Ok Vince, win it for us with your feet" I think they'll get whipped. Young will have to throw effectively for Texas to beat Ohio State. We'll see if he can.
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

I left at halftime of Iowa's dismantling of the second string of perennial powerhouse Ball State. I didn't see the point of spending another couple of hours in the 90 degree sun after watching the offense score touchdowns on all six first half possessions, and hold Ball State to no first downs and about 20 total yards. Not that you can really take anything away from a mismatch like that, but Iowa's quarterbacks combined to go 19/20 passing, so at least they can throw the ball and catch it.

Looking forward to the game at Iowa State next week, especially after they struggled with Illinois State tonight. It looks like most of the Big 12 teams other than Missouri had a tough time today.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

Georgia Tech is having its way with Auburn through 2 quarters. Reggie Ball looks good.

SoMisss2000
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by SoMisss2000 »

bdoughty wrote:

Shocker about OU!

Take care,
PK

Paul Thompson absolutely sucks! I wasn't too impressed with Bomar either. I say Stoops should sit Thompson and go with the kid. AP won't be able to do ish if they can find a way to throw the ball.

They better improve quick or this is the year Texas beats them, convincingly. I know the Horns were playing U LA LA, but Vince Young was actually throwing the ball around. Shocked the hell out of me to see him passing more than running. If their young running backs quickly adjust to the college game, they could be scary.

This one kid they have is 6-3 270. No he's not a fullback. The kid can move.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Irish baby!!

:D

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

A bad day for the Big East.

Rutgers had a lead, then choked it away against Illinois.
Pitt got shalacked by the Irish.
South Florida actually held their own against Penn State, but ultimately lost.

On Thursday, Cincinnati nearly blew it against an always powerful Eastern Michigan team. :roll:
UConn spanked another MAC powerhouse, Buffalo. 8)

Up next, WVU and Syracuse square off and Louisville will take it's in-state pal, Kentucky behind the woodshed.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

Very interesting saturday first my thoughts about Georgia.

Either Georgia is better than I thought or the WAC and Boise State is weaker than I thought. Right now I would say the WAC is just weaker than I thought although I would think Georgia would have better athletes all around than BS. The question mark for Georgia this year was Shockley and the wide receivers or lack there of... we lost 2 to the NFL draft. The WRs made some damn good catches and Shockley was in control the entire game.. well for the 3qtrs he played.

The game was 17-0 with like 50 seconds left and Boise State had the ball. I told my girlfriend BS better run the ball twice and go into halftime 17-0 or the game might be 24-0 before the half. I was right, Boise State made another mistake and the game was out of reach at the half.

TCU shocked OU - not much more to say there.

Clemson showed the ACC is strong beating A&M behind 6 fgs. Whitehurst played solidly before leaving the game do to a concusion. If they can convert in the redzone this year they will be a good team but they have a freaking brutal schedule.

Georgia Tech started off the season good with a win over Auburn. Reggie Ball looked good after his sophmore slump. Auburn will struggle this year if they don't get some better QB play.

Out of the top 25 will be Boise State and maybe Texas A&M pushing #25.

In will be Georgia Tech and Clemson. TCU will not make it in even after a win at OU.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Not mentioned in this thread was Boston College dominateing BYU today in a 20-3 romp in Provo. This is good news for the Big East which gives them a good win. Sorry, the ACC...Can't wait for the home opener next week. :D

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Too many top teams with questionable QBs getting beat. I'm not too confident in my Canes on Monday night, but then again, FSU has QB issues as well. I just hope Wright is better than what FSU throws out there, whomever that is.

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

While it was great seeing the Irish beat up on Pitt, trying to stay grounded as they go to Michigan next week. Should be a shootout, but eventually I see Michigan winning. It was great seeing an actually offense with a gameplan and a purpose after the last 8 years of the Davie/Willingham debacle.

I am really looking forward to Mondays Miami/Florida St. game. I love early season big matchups. What is even better is I think Miami will take care of Bowden and the Seminoles. It is tough to cheer for Miami as a ND fan, but my dislike for Bowden and the Noles is much deeper. Anyways, in addition to being a good coach, Coker seems like a good dude. Also want to see ND transfer Olsen at TE as they say he is the next coming.