OT: I would pay to see Tom Jackson knock the everloving.....

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT: I would pay to see Tom Jackson knock the everloving.....

Post by Jackdog »

$hit out of Michael Irvin.

I know I am asking for it when I watch ESPN. But does this guy have to scream everytime he talks? It's 2 am here and I am yelling at my computer screen while watching MNC. My wife is now awake and thinking"Who the f*** is my husband ranting about now?" Why do I do this to myself??

Does anyone like Irvin? If so why? Sell me on this dickhead cause I don't get it.

End of rant. Time for a beverage. :D
Last edited by Jackdog on Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

SoMisss2000
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by SoMisss2000 »

I love #88.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

I agree.... its pretty funny that he takes the side of TO. I say bench the fool for the rest of the year or until his attitude changes.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Yeah, he simply embarrassed himself on the pregame show. I can't believe he's even on the network. I've kinda settled down since his rant. 40 minutes ago I would have been booted from the forum :) I hate guys who think just because they talk (or in Irvin's case, mumble) loud that their points become amazingly more sensible.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

The only plus I can give Michael Irvin is that he is not yet as annoying or loud as Stephen A. Smith. Why ESPN felt then need to give Smith his own show is mindboggling.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I like Irvin. I think he adds the comtemporary player view to the telecast.

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

What's ESPN?
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Bill_Abner wrote:What's ESPN?

ESPN HOLLYWOOD, their new network.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Weaver2005 wrote:I like Irvin. I think he adds the comtemporary player view to the telecast.
Yes he does

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2001/0618/1215598.html

I mean how many places can you get a job at the same place that chronicles your off the field arrests for cocaine and marijuana posession. Fortuantely ESPN is really good about giving people second chances. :roll:

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

The proliferation of incessantly screaming hosts is an unfortunate development.

Irvin sucks, the entire CBS crew sucks, and Stevie A. Smith definitely sucks.

I guess that's what happens when there are so many announcer/personality positions to fill.

And we haven't even mentioned syndicated sports talk radio yet...

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Dave wrote:The proliferation of incessantly screaming hosts is an unfortunate development.

Irvin sucks, the entire CBS crew sucks, and Stevie A. Smith definitely sucks.

I guess that's what happens when there are so many announcer/personality positions to fill.

And we haven't even mentioned syndicated sports talk radio yet...
Yep, there are more hosts/writers than stories so we have to put up with the inferiority. I have my favorites, but they are few and far between.

HouOilers
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by HouOilers »

Ive been playing madden since it's come out.

I tuned into tonight's phi/pitt game and I thought a ESPN NFL2K5 game was on.

Damn that game had awesome graphics! It looked so much closer to the real thing on tv tonight that it makes madden a joke in terms of graphics.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

HouOilers wrote:Ive been playing madden since it's come out.

Damn that game had awesome graphics! It looked so much closer to the real thing on tv tonight that it makes madden a joke in terms of graphics.
Can't say I've been seeing players rotate around an invisible poll up their ass, or herky-jerk down the field when trying to accelerate, or bounce around like they are air-filled models of human beings, or slide step backwards to come inline with an oncoming throw, or turn 180º while still moving in the same direction, or . . . .

HouOilers
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by HouOilers »

thanks for the response madden :!: fanboy :!:

at least 2k made an effort in the graphics department. can't say the same about madden. Oh , and I love the new presentation, must have took many man hours adding that touchdown banner.

Non madden fanboys: for the record I like madden06, but graphically it's a bust.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

HouOilers wrote:thanks for the response madden :!: fanboy :!:

at least 2k made an effort in the graphics department. can't say the same about madden. Oh , and I love the new presentation, must have took many man hours adding that touchdown banner.

Non madden fanboys: for the record I like madden06, but graphically it's a bust.
Not so much a fanboy. I just call it like I see it. 2K always looked really, really good in still pictures, but for me when in motion, the illusion broke down. I could be way off, but I still think the EA games use more polygons per player model, resulting in smoother animations and transitions, while the 2K games with fewer polygons resulted in higher resolutions and crispness, but less realistic and 'massy' player movements.

No doubt, Madden presentation, especially the sound design and crowd sounds at the top of the list, has sucked ass for a long time and continues to do so. Nonetheless, the fake announcers shtick got pretty old about three years ago.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

F'n A, we're bitching about awful sports personalities here.

We get it, OK? Zep didn't bring up Madden...

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Dave wrote:F'n A, we're bitching about awful sports personalities here.
Oh yeah, to the topic. . . I can't stand Irvin. Then again, I am a Redskin fan who thought that pushing off was illegal at the time. . .

And I couldn't agree more about the yelling. Volume does not equal validity.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

Stephen A. Smith is the man.

Michael Irvin comes across as a person lacking character, more and more all the time.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

bdoughty wrote:Why ESPN felt then need to give Smith his own show is mindboggling.
"Quite Frankly", I asked myself the same question after watching one of the shows where Steven A. tried to convince former Cub players to admit/accept the franchise is cursed. Geez...

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

HouOilers wrote:Ive been playing madden since it's come out.

HouOilers wrote:thanks for the response madden fanboy

In my best MI impression: HEY DICKHEAD!!! STOP f***in UP MY THREAD!!! GO PLAY AT IGN!!! BY THE WAY HOUSTON HAS A NEW TEAM!!!!
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

bdoughty wrote:Why ESPN felt then need to give Smith his own show is mindboggling.
I've only watched it a few times, but "Quite Frankly" has been a pleasant surprise to me. It's totally changed my opinion of Smith.

I can barely understand Irvin's mumbling. I thought he was stoned last night. I usually change the channel immediately when I see him, but I was giving my son a bottle last night and couldn't reach the remote in a timely manner :?

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

Bring back Irv Cross!!!

Rick

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Initially, I liked the way ESPN used Irvin and Steve Young to play off each other. It was like watching a decent buddy movie about football. But the more I've heard of Irvin, the more I've come to believe that he just likes ruffling feathers. He just wants to take the opinion opposite of everyone else. His voice and delivery are grating.

As for Steven A., he can be decent in small amounts, particularly when he is ragging on something in the NBA. When a really dumb trade goes down in hoops, he can actually be hilarious. But watching him for a full show would be like watching Larry Bud Melman for a half hour.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

icvu42 wrote:Bring back Irv Cross!!!

Rick
Hell yeah!!!

What ever happened to football talk about football?

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

XXXIV wrote:
icvu42 wrote:Bring back Irv Cross!!!

Rick
Hell yeah!!!

What ever happened to football talk about football?
I thought pre-game shows hit an all-time low 2 years ago when CBS brought in ALF (yes the brown fuzzy creature from the 80's tv show) to explain the playoff picture in week 15.

Rick