TOCA Race Driver 3 Interview with Gavin Raeburn

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

TOCA Race Driver 3 Interview with Gavin Raeburn

Post by bdoughty »

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

anyone know if TOCA 3 will have IRL cars or just formula cars?
I have heard both.

rayray00
Mario Mendoza

Post by rayray00 »

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I especially liked this section from the press release:

http://www.codemasters.com/press/?showarticle=7049
Utilising a new generation of the series’ proprietary handling engine, a ‘greater degree of simulation’ is the target for TOCA Race Driver 2006. Combine the advanced engine with full car damage modelling and an enhanced human AI system, the whole package will deliver the most detailed and involving motorsport experience on current generation systems.

However, the degree to which TOCA Race Driver 2006 is being tuned goes further. A significant level of additional depth and realism is brought to the fore with the inclusion of detailed race rules and regulations in the game’s Pro Career mode.

You can choose to activate qualifying, race flags and pit stop refuelling and tyre strategies, all accurate to over 100 different motorsport championships featured. There’s also optional practice sessions, car tuning, race lengths and, where championship rules allow, car part upgrades.

Offering the most comprehensive and customisable championship features in both offline and online racing, it’s all there if you want to get your head under the bonnet of the game.
These screenshots are also sweet but they've got to be from the PC version. I can't imagine the Xbox or PS2 pulling that off. I hope these are really in game screens.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah, those have to be PC screens. No way the Xbox or PS2 can display that...unless of course, they hook us up with some 720p action on the Xbox.

sfz_T-car
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by sfz_T-car »

The screenshot with the red & yellow cars and particle damage looks pre-rendered to me. It'll be great if they can pull it off, but I'd settle for the usual great TOCA AI and a return appearance by the legendary Cannonball Jack Johnson.

skidmark
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by skidmark »

Obviously none of them are in-gameplay because the pics aren't from drivable angles. I'd imagine they are from pre-rendered stuff as opposed to replay movies because most of them don't look like your typical track angles for that either.

I did see something about them currently working on a 360 version though.