Next generation Madden to be unveiled during nfl draft.

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

marino
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Next generation Madden to be unveiled during nfl draft.

Post by marino »

EA TO UNVEIL WORLD’S FIRST LOOK OF NEXT GENERATION MADDEN NFL

Madden NFL Premiered In EA SPORTS TV Ad During NFL Draft

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 18, 2005 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) will premier the world’s first look at the next generation of videogames on Saturday April 23, 2005. EA’s flagship football franchise, Madden NFL football, will make its next generation debut in a TV ad during the first hour of the NFL Draft broadcast on ESPN, beginning at 12noon ET. EA is deep in development on what will be the strongest next generation console line up in the videogame industry, highlighted by other hit franchise titles to be announced at a later date.

“We have had a dedicated team working on next generation Madden NFL football and we cannot wait for Madden fans to get a sneak peek at the experience that awaits them,” said Frank Gibeau, Senior Vice President of North American Marketing for Electronic Arts. “An innovative and unparalleled NFL football experience is what we’ve promised; and that is what we are going to deliver.”

The ad, which will run only once during the broadcast, is a 60 second TV advertisement showcasing the photo-realistic graphics and heart-pounding football intensity that is the essence of the EA SPORTS™ branded next generation Madden NFL football game, and representative of what game players everywhere will be able to play when the next generation of videogame consoles come to market.

About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world's leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for videogame systems, personal computers and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under three brand names: EA SPORTS™, EA GAMES™ and EA SPORTS BIG™. In fiscal 2004, EA posted revenues of $2.96 billion and had 27 titles that sold more than one million copies. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

There's a closeup shot of a football player's face against the turf. It's at IGN.

Looks similar to the concept screens which were posted a few months ago.

Obviously in a football game you're only going to see this level of detail in the cut scenes.

How much will your experience be enhanced in say the Madden Classic camera angle where the players are tiny? It will look better on HDTVs with fewer jaggies, maybe better-looking grass.

Rather than focus on only better image quality in the gameplay screens, it would be nice to have a more active zoom camera, which fluidly tracks the ball and automatically closes in on the action. Only problem is, while visually dynamic, the way the camera zooms could tip off the opponent on whether it's a pass or run play.

And lets hope they aren't focusing only on visuals but are looking to expand gameplay, such as implementing physics. But typically, the first sports games releases on new consoles often lack features and gameplay elements which had existed befor

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

You'll probably see the same thing that happened with the first madden on ps2. You'll have big gameplay flaws like bad DB play, and then EA will 'improve' upon them in the next versions.

marino
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by marino »

That is exactly the reason I will hold off on buying upon release.I swear the ps1 version played much better than the initial version on the ps2.The db play was terrible in the first ps2 version, I barely stopped anybody with my passing defense and all the cpu did was pass too.

I will wait for opinions and impressions from forums before I buy this one.I have a funny feeling that madden 06 on the xbox will probably play better than the initial next generation games.Yeah the graphics will be good, but how will it play?

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Day 1 Screen - EA says they will be putting up a new screen every day until the Saturday commercial spot.

http://www.easports.com/games/madden06/nextgen.jsp

Last edited by bdoughty on Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

No snot bubbles? Pfft. And they call that photo-realistic? :roll: :D
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I'm glad the zombie eyes have survived into the next generation.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Lets hope its great...and loaded with features because its all we have this year. I loved my NFL2K5 Online Leagues last year so Madden "next gen" has a lot to live up to :)

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

I'm sure the Maddenites will love it, the ESPN NFL SEGA / VC homies will hate it and fans of videogame football in general will think it's cool, give it praise where due, give constructive criticism where due and wish that there were more to choices just for the simple fact that they love football games.