NFL Schedules Released

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NFL Schedules Released

Post by Bill_Abner »

The Browns Schedule:

Sunday, September 11 CINCINNATI BENGALS
Sunday, September 18 @ Green Bay Packers
Sunday, September 25 @ Indianapolis Colts
Sunday, October 2 Bye Week
Sunday, October 9 CHICAGO BEARS
Sunday, October 16 @ Baltimore Ravens
Sunday, October 23 DETROIT LIONS
Sunday, October 30 @ Houston Texans
Sunday, November 6 TENNESSEE TITANS
Sunday, November 13 @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Sunday, November 20 MIAMI DOLPHINS
Sunday, November 27 @ Minnesota Vikings
Sunday, December 4 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
Sunday, December 11 @ Cincinnati Bengals
Sunday, December 18 @ Oakland Raiders
Saturday, December 24 PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Sunday, January 1 BALTIMORE RAVENS

Super Bowl here we come. ;)
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

The Steelers have an odd schedule. Games on Christmas Eve and New Year's Day as well as 3 of the last 4 games vs. the Norris Division.

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

Leebo33 wrote:The Steelers have an odd schedule. Games on Christmas Eve and New Year's Day as well as 3 of the last 4 games vs. the Norris Division.
What difference does it make? They'll be out of it by then. :)

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

lexbur wrote:
Leebo33 wrote:The Steelers have an odd schedule. Games on Christmas Eve and New Year's Day as well as 3 of the last 4 games vs. the Norris Division.
What difference does it make? They'll be out of it by then. :)
:D

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Damnit....are they playing football again this year?

I'm absolutely thrilled at the constant news around here (Indy) about how the new stadium is gonna be funded.

skidmark
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by skidmark »

Why is Atlanta getting 3 Monday night games? Did someone lose a bet or something?

jimd
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by jimd »

As for Christmas Eve and New Year's Day, it's not just the Steelers, there is a full slate of NFL games on both those days.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

jimd wrote:
As for Christmas Eve and New Year's Day, it's not just the Steelers, there is a full slate of NFL games on both those days.
True, but it's still odd none-the-less. I'm not sure if the Steelers have ever played a regular season game on New Year's Day and I can't remember many on Christmas Eve off the top of my head.

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

For the first time that I can ever remember, no national TV (sunday night or MNF) games for my Dolphins. Thank God for NFL Sunday ticket.

Rick

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

skidmark wrote:Why is Atlanta getting 3 Monday night games? Did someone lose a bet or something?
There's a lot of hype surrounding Ron Mexico :wink:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

icvu42 wrote:For the first time that I can ever remember, no national TV (sunday night or MNF) games for my Dolphins. Thank God for NFL Sunday ticket.
Yeah that is a little crazy...but after 4-12, I don't really blame the networks. It's not like the Dolphins have any big names besides Taylor and Thomas, so they don't really even have anything to market. At least with Ricky, they had a name. I too, am very happy that I have Sunday Ticket.

rubba19
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by rubba19 »

icvu42 wrote:For the first time that I can ever remember, no national TV (sunday night or MNF) games for my Dolphins. Thank God for NFL Sunday ticket.

Rick
If the Jets or Giants went 4-12, they would at least have one. I thought every team got at least one prime time game per year?

Anyone else missing?

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

rubba19 wrote:

Rick
If the Jets or Giants went 4-12, they would at least have one. I thought every team got at least one prime time game per year?

Anyone else missing?
I took a quick look and I don't see prime time games for Tennessee or Tampa Bay either.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Leebo33 wrote:
rubba19 wrote:

Rick

Anyone else missing?
I took a quick look and I don't see prime time games for Tennessee or Tampa Bay either.
I'm pretty sure it's not guaranteed -- the Bears have had some empty prime time stretches, though they have a Sunday night against Ron Mexico and the Falcons this year.

Really shows how much the Dolphins have sunk, though. They were one of those teams like the Cowboys and Giants/Jets that always had a prime time game.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Every team must be scheduled to play in at least 1 primetime game. Teams with horrible records the year before are almost always on the Sunday night game while teams with the better records are scheduled for the Monday night games. IMO the Sunday night games have been way more entertaining over the last several years than the Monday night games.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

ScoopBrady wrote:Every team must be scheduled to play in at least 1 primetime game. Teams with horrible records the year before are almost always on the Sunday night game while teams with the better records are scheduled for the Monday night games. IMO the Sunday night games have been way more entertaining over the last several years than the Monday night games.
The Chargers have had several seasons where they had no prime time games. Price you pay when you are crap.
-BK

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

bkrich83 wrote:The Chargers have had several seasons where they had no prime time games. Price you pay when you are crap.
Speaking of the Chargers...I guess I'm going to be in San Diego on December 11th.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

YES!

The Rams only have one monday night game.
Monday nights will be stress free...Not having to worry about wasted timeouts, stupid challenges and scary play calls. These will be reserved for sundays with the Moron Mike.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I'm surprised by the full slate of games on New Year's. What will happen to the college football new year's day bowls.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

bkrich83 wrote:
ScoopBrady wrote:Every team must be scheduled to play in at least 1 primetime game. Teams with horrible records the year before are almost always on the Sunday night game while teams with the better records are scheduled for the Monday night games. IMO the Sunday night games have been way more entertaining over the last several years than the Monday night games.
The Chargers have had several seasons where they had no prime time games. Price you pay when you are crap.
I believe this is pretty recent. That's why the Cardinals have played on Sunday night the past couple of years. They usually try to at least make it a division rivalry game. Maybe that's why Sunday night games have been more entertaining.

Edit:
I just went throught the schedule and it appears every team with the exception of the Titans and Dolphins are scheduled to play in a primetime game. I guess I was wrong but I could swear I heard someone making fun of the ESPN Sunday Night matchup between 2 horrible teams once on the radio and the one guy said something like "Well that's what you get for guaranteeing every team a primetime game."
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Chargers didn't have a primtime game last year either.

They do have 3 this upcoming year.
-BK