Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory tonight (4/13)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory tonight (4/13)

Post by mixdj1 »

Who is up for some Spies vs Mercs tonight? I can start up a room at 10:00 EDT.

Fshguy
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Fshguy »

Me...;)

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Sorry I had to ruin the fun and bail on you guys last night. When I got the invite from you guys I was in the process of jumping on to join a different invite. Funny thing is that we ended up being one man short in that session too. Luckily within about 5 minutes Scoop jumped on and rounded out the foursome. Thanks Scoop!

Probably for the best anyway, I don't really like playing with the 'telekinesis brothers' (Mix and Fsh). :wink: :)
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Spooky wrote:Probably for the best anyway, I don't really like playing with the 'telekinesis brothers' (Mix and Fsh). :wink: :)
Hey now, we've started rotating teammates between rounds so people will play with us. :P

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Spooky wrote: Probably for the best anyway, I don't really like playing with the 'telekinesis brothers' (Mix and Fsh). :wink: :)
They're moving things with their minds, now??!! :lol:

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I will do my best to be there, but may not be able to make it until closer to 10:30EDT. I'll try to get on earlier though.

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

I'll try and make it, im not exactly sure what time I will be able to hop on though because I have a track meet all day today and im not exactly sure what time I have to run, it could be late or if things move quickly it could be earlier than expected.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Oh, I did not realize this thread was for tonight. I can be around anytimne after 10-10:30pm central time.

countzero2k5
Mario Mendoza

Post by countzero2k5 »

I'm in :D

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

I was on last night and accepted the invite, but I decided (after being a wart on the ass of MixDJ in my first night as his partner) that it would be best for me to complete the tutorial.

Much better now. Will look for you this evening.
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Sport73 wrote:I was on last night and accepted the invite, but I decided (after being a wart on the ass of MixDJ in my first night as his partner) that it would be best for me to complete the tutorial.
I think the only thing causing problems for us the other night was your lag. Because of the lag we couldn't communicate and communication is key in Splinter Cell. If the lag is gone and we can put the headset to good use tonight you'll definitely have a better time.

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

Mix, you're too kind...

While the lag was certainly an issue, my lack of Skill was equally problematic.

As a spy, I might as well have been dressed in DRAG (pink dress and Carmen Miranda fruit hat), carrying miraccas, and shouting "come and get me boys" into a bull horn. I was subtle.

As a Merc I did my best impersonation of a blind gimp with teretz, spastically spraying gunfire without hitting anyone, and getting myself locked into rooms.

I'm working on it. Your support is appreciated.
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

I'll probably be on from 9pm til 11pm EST.

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

Hey guys. I will probably pick this up tonight. If so, look for me online.

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Right now it looks like we have enough for two groups. I'll send invites to the first 3 I see online and then someone else will need to host the other group. Then maybe we can shift some people around for a little variety.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Sport73 wrote:Mix, you're too kind...

While the lag was certainly an issue, my lack of Skill was equally problematic.

As a spy, I might as well have been dressed in DRAG (pink dress and Carmen Miranda fruit hat), carrying miraccas, and shouting "come and get me boys" into a bull horn. I was subtle.

As a Merc I did my best impersonation of a blind gimp with teretz, spastically spraying gunfire without hitting anyone, and getting myself locked into rooms.

I'm working on it. Your support is appreciated.
Don't be so hard on youself, Sport. First of all, realize that we have all been there, that is, totally lost in the map, incapable of doing anything constructive as a Spy, etc. Many is the time I have intended to set a mine or a spy-trap only to shoot a grenade onto my foot and, stuck in the crouch position, too slow to get away.

I agree with Mix that the real issue wasn't your lack of experience in the game, but the lack of smooth communication. One loses ofen enough in this game that it's not so much the winning and losing that matters (of course, that being the goal it is satisfying to win), but more those little moments of working together to get something done, whether it's as a merc coming to aid your partner and getting good crossfire on a spy, or as a spy double-teaming a poor, lonely merc to finish an objective.

So don't beat yourself up because of lack of map-knowledge or combat skills. At some point, you will have that golf-style 'one perfect shot' success that will keep you coming back for more.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

:(

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

What happened, Zepp? Why the long face?

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Didn't you get to play Zepp? I left early so you could take my spot. Sorry if you didn't get in on the session. I'll host another room tomorrow and I'll be sure to reserve a spot for you.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Oh no big deal. I just logged on around quarter to 11E, and there was one full room with mix and fsh and countzero and I don't know who, and no other stragglers looking for a game but me. That's all. I took the opportunity to run through some 'visit a maps,' hoping some late guys would show up, but no go.

There will be plenty of future sessions, but I was looking forward to it, especially after last night's debacle.

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

The other person in our group was lsdean. He picked up the game yesterday. We had lsdean on fshguy's side and Count on my side so the games were pretty evenly matched. When I noticed that you had been out there and nobody else had showed up to play I called it a night early hoping you would get into a session. Sorry it didn't work out.

I'll host a room again tonight at 10:00 EDT. I guess we'll go with signups this time so we're sure who is going to be in the room. So right now the room is me and Zeppo. Who else wants to join us?

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

I will be a whipping boy again. :D

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

First, let me say that I am SO glad I picked this one up finally!!! The new maps are SO freakin' cool!!! And, for some reason, my frustration level has gone down a couple notches this go round.

Anyway...apparently Comcast had a nationwide outage last night (what they told me over the phone at least) so I could not get online after about 9:30pm last night. :cry:

Fshguy
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Fshguy »

In in Mix, unless that was Spooky saying he wanted to play???

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I don't think I can make it tonight, at least not as early at 10p. I am going to the big ballgame at RFK tonight!

So I might hop on closer to 11pE, but I don't know.

Lsdean must've been appearing offline; I saw him pop on at one point, but later when I checked he was gone. Thanks for trying to give me a spot Mix. No one sent me an invite, though, and once I noticed you were 'online' and not 'playing,' everyone else logged off too.