DSP Fantasy Baseball (Which Site?)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Which Fantasy League do you think we should use?

MLB.com (Sporting News) ($100)
71%
Yahoo! Fantasy Sports ($125)
14%
CBS Sportline ($130)
14%

Total votes: 7

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Positions and Scoring has been modified...go check em out. Here is my post regarding those:

20 players was a bit too deep for my tastes...It made you play guys that weren't even everyday players, especially with benches that deep. In baseball, the bench is pretty much non-existent unless there is an injury. So here's how I broke it down...I obviously added quite a few positions:

1 C, 1 1b, 1 2b, 1 SS, 1 3B, 1 IF, 4 OF, 1 UTIL, 4 Bench, 1 DL

along with the pitchers:

3 SP, 2 RP, 1 P

This pretty much covers everyone's suggestions I've heard, on here or something they've told me. It's hard to make everyone happy, so I hope this is acceptable at least.

As for the scoring, I have went back to a semi-standard 5x5 roto scoring along with the added category for hitters and pitchers. Hopefully that will satisfy enough people.

If you guys have any more suggestions, you better get them in now, we draft in two days.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

How long will the draft take? Is there a time limit on picks? 10:30 EST on a Thurs is kind of late if this thing runs for several hours. Why couldn't we
do it on a weekend?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

JackB1 wrote:How long will the draft take? Is there a time limit on picks? 10:30 EST on a Thurs is kind of late if this thing runs for several hours. Why couldn't we
do it on a weekend?
If we could have, we would have. If you don't do a PAY league, you get a limited number of draft dates/times available to you. There is a time limit on the picks and it auto picks for you if you're not there so it will probably take around 2 hours at the most...and it starts at 9:30 EST...half the people in this league are on the west coast so it's a 6:30pm start for us.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'll ask a dumb question, but where exactly do we go?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

When you go to the DSP league homepage:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/61204

There will be a link in the yellow box that says your draft is starting, and you'll be able to join it from there.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

my bad......9:30 EST will work. If I can't last the whole draft, then my
ranked picks will take over, right?

dbdynsty25 wrote:
JackB1 wrote:How long will the draft take? Is there a time limit on picks? 10:30 EST on a Thurs is kind of late if this thing runs for several hours. Why couldn't we
do it on a weekend?
If we could have, we would have. If you don't do a PAY league, you get a limited number of draft dates/times available to you. There is a time limit on the picks and it auto picks for you if you're not there so it will probably take around 2 hours at the most...and it starts at 9:30 EST...half the people in this league are on the west coast so it's a 6:30pm start for us.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

too bad we couldnt chat on xbox live while doing the draft!
Does anyone know where we could at least chat online in between picks?