OT: JFK Assassination video game

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

maddoc1979
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

OT: JFK Assassination video game

Post by maddoc1979 »

Interesting concept, and I think in quite bad taste. I think I understand what they are trying to do, but it just doesn't seem right. I wonder if a development team in the US could get away with this. Here's a link:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/21/kenned ... index.html

Doc

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

REALLY bad taste.

Out,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

I think it's pretty low that they're actually charging for it. If they were really interested in educating, or what-not, they'd put it out on the internet for free.

But hey, this is by the same developer of State of Emergency so I'm sure that it's of top notch quality.
- Rob
PSN: smearobe

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

Airdog wrote:I think it's pretty low that they're actually charging for it. If they were really interested in educating, or what-not, they'd put it out on the internet for free.

But hey, this is by the same developer of State of Emergency so I'm sure that it's of top notch quality.
I'll be totally honest and say this looks very interesting to me. If it really does what it sets out to do then it's a pretty ground breaking way of using technology to "educate" or at least study history. Of course you'll have plenty of people just playing it to kill the president (or probably more likely, everyone else in the car) but the developers apparantly did not create it for those purposes. My question is does it realisticly simulate the actions of firing a rifle like that? For the developers to have any hope of proving or disproving anything this game engine has to be incredibly life like. And it is only $10, which is probably just to help cover the costs of making it. from that screenshot it actually looks like some real effort was put into creating it. I understand how people would be offended by such a game, but at the same time, i can see where the developers are coming from.

EDIT: Checked out the website and apparently they really tried to create realistic physics. The character have skeletons that can cause the bullet to richochet internally and exit at a different angle. THe more i read the more amazing the realism sounds. Whether it's as good as promised has yet to be seen. Hope i don't sound insensitive about this. I just find the technology aspect fascinating.
Last edited by LAking on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Is it a game or a animated replay of the event. To even call it a game is unbelievable.

I think its the same technology that was aired on the ABC news special some time back. They basically said that Oliver Stone was wrong and made stuff up. They also super imposed computer graphics over the Zapruder film.

This is what this "game" sounds like. They should have just offered it as a scientific tool or history tool to schools or whatever. But a game...

maddoc1979
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by maddoc1979 »

If it's really to just educate, why the "blood" option? That certainly makes it more gamey.

Doc

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

maddoc1979 wrote:If it's really to just educate, why the "blood" option? That certainly makes it more gamey.

Doc
Perhaps it has something to do with being able to see the bullet without a cloud of blood onstructing it. Read the website guys, it gives a lot of details about the game and it's features
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby