OT: Marc Bulger

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT: Marc Bulger

Post by XXXIV »

Anyone else think hes good?..........I mean besides Moron Mike Martz.

I am really getting sick and tired of watching this rag armed sissy get slaughtered by sub 500 AFC East teams.
First the b*tch gets his head handed to him by Wannies amazing Dolphins and today this c*** has been wiped out by his lordship Drew Bledsoe.

I d rather lose with a male qb.

Parker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Parker »

I take it the Bills played a bit better than last week?

Thanks to the Browns for giving the Jets a pathetic victory. What's the record for being sacked and still winning a game?

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

I never thought he was very good. Then I saw him last year against the Bears, and I was convinced of it.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:I never thought he was very good. Then I saw him last year against the Bears, and I was convinced of it.
The minute there is any danger he makes #2

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT: Marc Bulger

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:Anyone else think hes good?..........I mean besides Moron Mike Martz.

I am really getting sick and tired of watching this rag armed sissy get slaughtered by sub 500 AFC East teams.
First the b*tch gets his head handed to him by Wannies amazing Dolphins and today this c*** has been wiped out by his lordship Drew Bledsoe.

I d rather lose with a male qb.
Why are you so bent at Bulger? The guy was almost perfect in the first half.

The Rams' special teams sucked mightily today against the Bills. Special teams lost the game for the Rams in the third quarter. One of the most pitiful stretches of special teams play I've seen in a long time, allowing the two long kick returns by the Bills and then fumbling the kickoff, all in a span of about five minutes.

Bills looked good today!

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

jimd
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by jimd »

I have watched Bulger play a number of times over the past two seasons, and think you are way off XXXIV. The guy has a very good arm and has become more accurate this season. He has put up with a lot of BS over replacing Warner and never has complained.

Despite being blitzed by every team they play, Martz never provides him with enough protection and the majority of the WR routes are deep, which require more time. The result? Bulger gets his ass kicked on at least half the pass plays they call. But the kid hangs in there and taked a beating. I have heard several of his teammates comment on how tough he is and how he is the unquestioned leader of their ballclub.

As for yesterday, I was there, and the reason St. Louis lost was special teams. I have watched a lot of football, and I have never seen a worse coverage unit. It was pathetic. Usually you see guys running down like crazed animals, throwing themselves around with no regard for their body. Theses guys looked like they were doing the Saturday night walkthrough. It was really bad. As for Bulger's 3 INTs, I missed one of them, but the two I saw were totally freak, batted up into the air, caught by lineman, picks--not really his fault.

I think the problem with St. Louis is Martz. He is not a head coach. Great OC, but very bad head honcho. He just doesn't get it. As for Bulger, I would take him all day over Bledsoe.

laurenskye
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by laurenskye »

I'd take Kitna over Bledsoe, Oh, I did :D .

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

They were questioning whether he was a championship-caliber QB after he threw that key int. in the playoff game against the Panthers. They were questioning his decision-making late in that game.

But he had a good Pro Bowl (as if that should really be a good way to judge a player) and people seemed to forget those doubts.

With the weapons he has, he's going to be productive. He makes great throws enough of the times. But is he so good that he can overcome other flaws in the team and take them all the way?

Not even Peyton has been able to overcome a sub-par defense to take his team all the way. Nor Culpepper either. Both of those guys will put up staggering numbers this year and throughout their careers, as has Marino.

Brady won't put up numbers anywhere near those great QBs and yet has more SB rings than all of them combined.

Just goes to show you that it's not just the QB (even though he may be the most crucial single player) but the whole team and system. Martz's system is a high-risk, high-reward system which succeeded only one time (or two if you count that they still went to the second SB as big favorites). But at least those teams that went to the SB had very good defenses.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

The problem isn't Bulger. We have the worst special teams in the league and it always rears its ugly head in pivotal games. Kinda ironic how poorly the special teams played in front of Bobby April, who was fired from the Rams last years becuase of poor special team play.

We have the worst run defense even though Buffalo didn't put up huge numbers against us yesterday. Just think if they would have run the ball more.

Our defense is mediocre in too many positions, and that sums up our team this year. Mediocre. For the first year in a long time, I haven't grown that attachment to the Rams that I have the past several seasons. Part of it is because of Martz and his monotone arrogance. I'm tired of it.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

In the sobering light of day I can say that I was a bit hard on him.
I scape goated him.
I still dont like him as my qb but he wasnt the main reason the team lost.
The STs were pathetic and Martz is, as jimd mentioned, an offensive coordinater not a HC.

Kazuya
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Kazuya »

Bulger is talented, but he will probably always struggle to fill Warner's enormous shadow from his three stellar seasons. Of course, Warner *himself* can't do that anymore... not to mention he had in-their-prime Marshall Faulk and Isaac Bruce. I do think Bulger's ceiling is a notch below elite, ultimately...
"Whatever, I don't know why you even play yourself to that degree,
you laugh at me?" - Del

"Said the whisper to the secret..." - King's X

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Take a stab at having Krenzel backed up by Jonathan Quinn and then get back to me.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

ScoopBrady wrote:Take a stab at having Krenzel backed up by Jonathan Quinn and then get back to me.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was ugly yesterday .....and that dude dropping that int , that would have gone for 6, really hurt any shot the Bears had at being competitive.
Last edited by XXXIV on Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Kazuya wrote:Bulger is talented, but he will probably always struggle to fill Warner's enormous shadow from his three stellar seasons. Of course, Warner *himself* can't do that anymore... not to mention he had in-their-prime Marshall Faulk and Isaac Bruce. I do think Bulger's ceiling is a notch below elite, ultimately...
Faulk is indeed on the downside but I do think Bruce, though he has last a step, still has something in the tank. He is having a pretty good year.
I was spoiled by warner 99-01.
I need to get real.

I also need to give the Bills credit.
They played a hell of a game.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Yeah it's looking like it's all about the AFC this year.

Even beyond NE and Pittsburgh, the conference as a whole seems a notch better.

I think they won all the interconference game except one and that was Miami almost coming back against Seattle.