Excuse me while I puke...

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Jason
Starting 5
Starting 5

Excuse me while I puke...

Post by Jason »

www.SportsGamingNation.com

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

shouldn't that be 'choke' ?
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

davet010 wrote:shouldn't that be 'choke' ?
HAHAHAHAHA...F*ck the Yankees.

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

SuperManny!!!!!! :) Cool!!!

This almost makes up for who EA put on Madden's cover. First time in years I didn't touch Madden, thanks to who was on the cover.

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

davet010 wrote:shouldn't that be 'choke' ?
Thats hilarious!! Don't you just love kickin the Yankees when they're down :lol: :lol: :lol:

Parker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Parker »

Hahahaha, the Yanks truly do stink, as well as the Knicks, Giants, and now the Jets lately. Couldn't pay me enough to be a NYC sports fan.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I don't care if Manny Mota's picture is on the cover...as long as I can get walks in the game :) And a few other things.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

You should be happy Jason... this guarantees a broken clavicle or some other season ending injury.

Jason
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jason »

Slumberland wrote:You should be happy Jason... this guarantees a broken clavicle or some other season ending injury.
LOL, I can only hope. To make matters worse, Pedro met with Steinbrenner yesterday :( . Gotta love that Red Sox loyalty.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

sf_z wrote:Hope they fix the right handed batters power bug for the cover boy's sake.
Um, are you serious? The bug was with the lefties, so Manny would be happy if they left it the way it is.

As for the game itself, I never care who is on the cover. If you don't like it, people make custom covers. I'm more worried about the issues within in the game, like the power bug, lack of walks, lack of steals, etc...

After being burned by MVP last year, this game is a "wait and see". I'll let the other guinea pigs find the fatal flaws before I waste another $50 on this series.
-Matt

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Parker wrote:Hahahaha, the Yanks truly do stink, as well as the Knicks, Giants, and now the Jets lately. Couldn't pay me enough to be a NYC sports fan.
I didn't realize that anyone needed to be "paid" to be a fan of anyone. I have my loyalties, and stick to them, win or lose. I root for the Yankees, Giants, Knicks, and Rangers. Is it frustrating right now? Sure it is, but you couldn't pay me money to root for teams just because they are winning games.

There's something I want to say to you Parker. Congrats on your Red Sox winning it all. I give them all the respect for what they accomplished. They were "warriors" and deserve to be called World Series Champions.

Heck, I even remember rooting for them in 1986 when they played the Mets. That was a tough series on my heart as I hate both teams (the Mets more for having to then deal with their fans on a daily basis). I remember the Mets coming back from 2 runs with 2 outs in Game 6 (and nobody on base) with Calvin Schiraldi an out from closing the series for the Sox. That comeback, and then the loss the next day in Game 7 (after I believe leading that game as well), is something I can never forget. I remember saying at the time that "If I were a true Red Sox fan, I would have a hard time wanting to wake up tomorrow..." (guys I wasn't serious about suicide, nor do I find that kind of talk good for anyone. I was probably having a little too much of the "special punch") With that being said, there was so much disappointment that continued until this year.

As a Yankee fan, I will always remember losing a 3-0 series lead with Mo coming in game 4 in the 9th. I remember the walk (when Mo used to have that pinpoint control whenever he needed it), the stolen base, Mueller's single, etc. I won't forget. I also won't forget why I will always root for my teams no matter what...because I feel like they are a part of me.

Again, congrats Parker, with the Sox and Pats, things are great for you. Soak it all up buddy.

Jason
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jason »

matthewk wrote: As for the game itself, I never care who is on the cover. If you don't like it, people make custom covers. I'm more worried about the issues within in the game, like the power bug, lack of walks, lack of steals, etc...

After being burned by MVP last year, this game is a "wait and see". I'll let the other guinea pigs find the fatal flaws before I waste another $50 on this series.
My original post was more of a joke than anything else. I really don't care who's on the cover as long as the game is good. You'll also notice I didn't make one comment in the Yanks/Red Sox thread during the playoffs, even when the Yankees were up 3-0. That's not my style.
grtwhtsk wrote: As a Yankee fan, I will always remember losing a 3-0 series lead with Mo coming in game 4 in the 9th. I remember the walk (when Mo used to have that pinpoint control whenever he needed it), the stolen base, Mueller's single, etc. I won't forget. I also won't forget why I will always root for my teams no matter what...because I feel like they are a part of me.
I couldn't have said that any better. Growing up in the Bronx has made me a diehard Yankees/Knicks/Rangers/Giants fan - no matter how good or bad they are. Great teams don't stay great forever and bad teams don't stay bad forever either.