OT: First topic started ever!

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

reeche
Starting 5
Starting 5

OT: First topic started ever!

Post by reeche »

Well the subject states it but I just wanted to congratulate some of the more conserative guys who post and I've debated with like FatPitcher, Tealboy, Badgun, etc. Your guy won so the will of the people has spoken and as an American citizen you have to really respect that.

While I adamantly disagree with his positions and his record, that's why we vote and the public has clearly spoken in this case. My one hope is that we can move more to center as nation both on the left and right but unfortunately for the time being that seems increasingly unlikely for a multitude of reasons....

I think we have some major problems in this country and as I've tried to reiterate multiple times, I think the left and right have major problems. I tend to feel like the guy who's saying the house is burning down while people on the left and right re-assure me that everything is okay as long as we go their way....We'll see.

But I digress. I just wanted to say for the most part I enjoy debating you guys and hopefully for the next four years, we can respect each and continue to have civil discourse with democrats (me) playing the loyal opposition and elevate our discourse beyond the mudslinging of the Limbaugh's and Moore's and where it has currently sunk to. That would be my hope of course :)

But I'm sure there will be a few nasty exchanges along the way :lol:

So congratulations to president Bush for winning and I wish him well for the next four years. I hope he really works at healing a very divided nation
http://www.whas11.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=49293&catId=49
---Lend a ***** a pencil--- Context?

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT: First topic started ever!

Post by Jackdog »

reeche wrote:Well the subject states it but I just wanted to congratulate some of the more conserative guys who post and I've debated with like FatPitcher, Tealboy, Badgun, etc. Your guy won so the will of the people has spoken and as an American citizen you have to really respect that.

While I adamantly disagree with his positions and his record, that's why we vote and the public has clearly spoken in this case. My one hope is that we can move more to center as nation both on the left and right but unfortunately for the time being that seems increasingly unlikely for a multitude of reasons....

I think we have some major problems in this country and as I've tried to reiterate multiple times, I think the left and right have major problems. I tend to feel like the guy who's saying the house is burning down while people on the left and right re-assure me that everything is okay as long as we go their way....We'll see.

But I digress. I just wanted to say for the most part I enjoy debating you guys and hopefully for the next four years, we can respect each and continue to have civil discourse with democrats (me) playing the loyal opposition and elevate our discourse beyond the mudslinging of the Limbaugh's and Moore's and where it has currently sunk to. That would be my hope of course :)

But I'm sure there will be a few nasty exchanges along the way :lol:

So congratulations to president Bush for winning and I wish him well for the next four years. I hope he really works at healing a very divided nation
Not a bad start bro. Nice post. I concur.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Well said, Reeche. I have my doubts this nation will unite, but your intentions are honorable as hell.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

And here I thought I was going to be reading the "first post ever" on this website.

What a downer. :cry:

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

sportdan30 wrote:And here I thought I was going to be reading the "first post ever" on this website.

What a downer. :cry:
http://www.digitalsportspage.com/module ... wtopic&t=1

Also a downer.
- Rob
PSN: smearobe

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Classy post.

I think most of the posters here deserve credit for the general tone of the political posts at DSP. Even nutjobs like Teal are almost always respectful and considerate. :)

I generally keep my engagement in the political threads limited, but I enjoy reading the opinions of many of the contributors and have especially enjoyed heated discussions with several DSP'ers over the years.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

If Bush tried to be conciliatory and tried to compromise, then he'll deserve all the credit.

But until he does it, it's hard to believe the rhetoric about uniting or healing the nation will be anything more than empty promises. Will the people who voted for him sit quietly if he doesn't deliver the things which are important to them (try to push for passage of the amendment, nominate conservative justices who will overturn Roe v. Wade).

He doesn't have to run again so he could do anything. But the party showed loyalty to him so he should be loyal to the party. That means placating the social conservatives which won this election.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Well I'm in the same camp as PK.

I don't think we can be united not because both sides don't want it but the one's in charge are using it to sustain their own power. Their doctrine of with us or against is one of the reasons why the country is in a bad place in terms of unity.

The next four years for the Bush Administration will have no one left to blame for any problems. With control of the congress for atleast two more years they have the ability to heal or to divide. The dreams and hopes of this country are squarely on Bush and the Republicans. The American people while I think most of them are too ignorant to make an educated decision have selected Bush. So there is no more reason why their can't be sweeping changes to this country.

With all of this said on the flip side should Bush manage to introduce big programs like a New "New Deal" or to actually save social secturity then as much as I hate to say it, it will be his something he will get all the credit for.

I also don't think that with unity should come silence. If I feel the President is doing something stupid, i should not be shouted down as unamerican. That is when the real unity will begin. When you can say something and the otherside won't ostracize you for it.

So let the healing begin but let the discourse continue...

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

"Even nutjobs like Teal are almost always respectful and considerate."

HEY!!! I resemble that remark!!! :lol: Thanks for noticing. To quote GWB ad nauseum..."It's hard work..." :wink:

BTW, reeche...excellent post...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

...and in the spirit of all this newfound touchy feely crap( :wink: ), I officially retire my Bush re-election avatar...

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

tealboy03 wrote:...and in the spirit of all this newfound touchy feely crap( :wink: ), I officially retire my Bush re-election avatar...
What, and start using the Breast Cancer ribbon... :lol:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

"What, and start using the Breast Cancer ribbon..."

SAVE THE TITTIES!!!!!!! :lol: