IndyCar Series -- F'n Nashville!

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

IndyCar Series -- F'n Nashville!

Post by Dave »

Getting ready for the IRL tonight (live at 7 Eastern on ESPN), I have been running exclusively at Nashville for the last day or so.

My problems start with qualifying, as I can't seem to find a setup that can get me to 210. So I always start in the back 1/4 of the grid. I think I have a pretty good race setup with one major exception--occasional snap oversteer. Going into the first turn of the race, I have to tip toe around unless I want to pull a Scott Sharp (granted, from the rear of the field though). From there, I've gotten as high as 8th, dicing through the field, usually on the high side through 1/2 and on the inside in 3/4. I'm pretty sure I'm running lower downforce, which probably helps explain some of my problems. But, no matter what, sometime before the 20 lap mark, I will either have the computer racing in front of me and force me high, leading to a meeting with the wall, or I do a bonehead move and end up out of the race.

How does everyone else fare at this track? It is creeping up to be my favorite, due to the wide open, yet cautious nature of the turns. I haven't figured out if flat out is better than lifting, which is great.

Damn fun experience, if only I could get to the first pit stop!

Dave
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven