Superior Man is back to rock your world

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Superior Man is back to rock your world

Post by bdoughty »

Sorry but this just always amuses me. It's like watching the car wreck, you know you really should not look. but do it anyway.

http://www.sportsreviewers.com/
Sports Reviewers will be returning very soon. SkullandGames.com has been scrapped after an unsuccessful beta run and a format that was too costly to maintain. Superior Man will devote all of his energy into making Sports Reviewers the best sports gaming site on the internet. Superior Man laughs at the lack of a sports gaming site that tells it like it is in a professional manner.
Not only will Superior Man be bringing you a quality sports gaming site that is free from industry influence or pathological deceit (no need to mention the other sites by name), but he will also be revealing his true identity upon the site's re-opening. His identity will shock many people. This will be followed by an aggressive marketing campaign to get word out about Sports Reviewers. Superior Man assures you that visitors to Sports Reviewers will be pleasantly surprised at the quality and amount of content that will be provided. He also believes that you will chuckle at some of the stories he would like to share with you concerning his visit to E3.

Lace up your sneakers and adjust your nether-region. Sports Reviewers is almost ready to take on the world of sports gaming in a manner that is entertaining, educational, professional, and uncensored. **** industry swag. **** gaming sites with employees who gravitate between working for the industry and posing as unbiased site writers. **** a "feel good" sense of community. **** trivial flame wars. Superior Man is here to rock your world. Hop aboard and enjoy the ride.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Finally life has a sense of completion again. I've been dying for someone that I could point and laugh at since SR vanished last time around.

Anyone fancy running a book on how long it'll last this time? If I were a bookie, I'd give you even money that it's all over in a month. Still, let the saga continue...

Cheers,
Adam

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I like:
Superior Man laughs at the lack of a sports gaming site that tells it like it is in a professional manner.
Followed by:
F*ck industry swag. F*ck gaming sites with employees who gravitate between working for the industry and posing as unbiased site writers. F*ck a "feel good" sense of community. F*ck trivial flame wars.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

He can do whatever he wants as long as he stays the hell out of here. The day he returns is the day I request to have my moderator status restored by Jared.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

mobiggins
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mobiggins »

It never ceases to amaze me that the person behind Superior Man is so self-obsessed as to be blind to the fact that this idea isn't funny any longer (I'm not sure it ever was, really)and has no redeeming value whatsoever.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

*YAWN*

that joke isn't funny anymore.

Schmev
Mario Mendoza

Post by Schmev »

I lurk here, but that should be an instant ban. That whole website had a fairly good community of posters and the losers just blew it up.

Superior Man is a complete loser.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

SCH,

You do realize that virtually everyone that was there, is now here? Even commonriddleresinparkersense. The difference is we've got a better leader over here...by a longshot.

Schmev
Mario Mendoza

Post by Schmev »

Yes, I recognize a few names and a few names are new to me. pk's one of my favorite posters for racers.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

sf_z wrote:I guess I must have missed the whole Cooter era over there
Yea that never even got off on the ground long enough to take bets on how long it would last. I also feel the pain of all the hard working employees that were putting together skullandgames.com who lost their jobs.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I also feel the pain of all the hard working employees that were putting together skullandgames.com who lost their jobs.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Until now, I had totally forgotten about SR since the whole mafia couple idea there. I bet it lasts until football seaso, at which point it will shut down, only to re-emerge yet again, to an even smaller audience.

There must only be about five people left who even check SR anymore (No offense to you BD).
-Matt

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:SCH,

You do realize that virtually everyone that was there, is now here? Even commonriddleresinparkersense. The difference is we've got a better leader over here...by a longshot.
Indeed. Jared is the man. He knows how to run a sports Web site and community properly -- no question! And now he's on XBL! ;)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

DSP compared to SportsReviewers (even the OLD, once thriving SR) is like night and day.

The level of professionalism, care, and community-building Jared exhibits demonstrates what a farce SR was. As for SR now, I never go there. So, upon reading this I took a look in the once buzzing forum. My god, dead can't describe it. Did whomever was last out forget to turn off the lights? 'cause the lights are on over there but NO ONE IS HOME.

Long live DSP!
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

that message has been up for 2-3 weeks now as I stumbled upon it a time ago. whoever is still paying the bills for the hosting of that site is getting ripped off!

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Thanks for the kind words, y'all. Though I really don't have much to do with this being a good site....it's all about the fact that nearly everyone here knows how to behave themselves and act like human beings, something that is lacking on lots of sites.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

matthewk wrote:Until now, I had totally forgotten about SR since the whole mafia couple idea there. I bet it lasts until football seaso, at which point it will shut down, only to re-emerge yet again, to an even smaller audience.
Just remember...SupMans family will be cheering him on to victory while he plays Gameday 99 on his PSX. Oh wait, he doesn't have a PSX anymore? Wait...he doesn't have a family anymore either...

skidmark
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by skidmark »

My love for this forum can best be expressed with the following game of NFL2k5 thread match-em:

Forum
1. OS
2. ESPN Videogames
3. DSP

Thread
a. "I got it!!!1!!11!"
b. "not that it means much but IGN reviews ESPN. 9.4."
c. "Will you be [***] if Madden Gets a Better Score?"

Answers: (1a, 2c, 3b)

Thank you Jared for the great site!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I never thought 'thread match 'em' would make it's way over from Norway.

skidmark
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by skidmark »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I never thought 'thread match 'em' would make it's way over from Norway.
It's not quite big brother, but I believe it debuts tomorrow night on Spike®.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Speaking of Spike...that is the best damn tv station.

Most Extreme Elimination is the greatest show on the face of the earth. Nothing like watching dubbed asians beat the sh*t out of themselves on rolling logs, sinking rocks and velcro walls. Pure entertainment bliss.