OT: The New Guy

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT: The New Guy

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I got a buddy of mine to drop the cash for an Xbox and Xbox Live today...so do me a favor kids...when you hop online the next time. Send imtmoney an invite. We gotta break his Live cherry real good. You guys down?

Jayhawker
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: OT: The New Guy

Post by Jayhawker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I got a buddy of mine to drop the cash for an Xbox and Xbox Live today...so do me a favor kids...when you hop online the next time. Send imtmoney an invite. We gotta break his Live cherry real good. You guys down?
Ok, so who is imtmoney? Why did he only respond to YOUR trade offer, while tanking his team overall?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT: The New Guy

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Jayhawker wrote:Ok, so who is imtmoney?
You can't read?
dbdynsty25 wrote:I got a buddy of mine...
And he probably responded since I was talking to him on the phone about the Suns game the other night, and I mentioned it.

Jayhawker
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jayhawker »

Do you seriously not see the problem? Are dead teams seriously allowed to trade players to their "buddies"? It's one thing if he made a trade by evaluating his needs, but it a hell of a lot different when he just ok's a deal so you can have what you want.

You offered similar deals to two other teams, and they said no. Your "buddy" then agrees to the deal, when he can't even be bothered to actually play the game. Did he actually ok the trade, or did he just give you his sign on so you could do it yourself?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

That deal was not one-sided...like I said, he's got Dotel and Hoffman...he needs Wins more than Saves at this point. I'm sorry other teams didn't have the same needs, or if they didn't think they had the same needs.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I also asked if OTHERS thought it was one sided and the few people who replied sided with me or could care less. So like I said in the other thread...you only have a problem because it was ME that did it...if it were anyone else, you wouldn't have opened your mouth.

I'm done with you...continue playing or don't, I don't care. One less team the rest of us have to worry about.

Jayhawker
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jayhawker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:That deal was not one-sided...like I said, he's got Dotel and Hoffman...he needs Wins more than Saves at this point. I'm sorry other teams didn't have the same needs, or if they didn't think they had the same needs.
He doesn't need s***, because he's not playing! You know what he needs? A freaking SS, because he has failed to start one all season. If he needs wins, maybe he should have started Suppan and a few of his other guys.

He's YOUR friend. He's the ONLY guy hiding his email address.

No one else would have made the deal with you, but he didn't care because he's not playing. He had ignored at least one other owner's offer, not even rejecting it. Just letting it die on the vine. But you get a closer for a starter no one else would have taken.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Wow this has gone from breaking DB's friends XBL Cherry to breaking DB's balls. Jawhawker can you keep your rants about DB's baseball league confined to a single thread? Just pondering outloud.

PS: Since we are playing off-topic there is something that bugs me. You never replied back about your Kansas comments I am posting below. Just because your team choked, and your theory on Kanas defense was more suspect then 4/5th of your starting lineup does not give you a free pass to avoid reality and reply. Don't make us give you the tag of Ray Parker Jr...

Things to note in the thread

A: DB & BD both use sarcasm in the same thread (the forum is in shock)
B: I was wrong but after 172 posts about how Illinois and the Big 10 are weak I eat my crow and give them their due.
C: Apparently #1 in the CollegeRPI does not mean squat when it comes to reatlity (see Kansas/Boston College in their early exits from the tourney).
D: You never came back to the thread, but oddly enough kept posting in other threads during this time.

http://www.digitalsportspage.com/module ... ght=#88002

Jayhawker
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jayhawker »

Wow.

Of course I was wrong. The Big 10 kicked ass. The Jayhawks sucked through the end of the season, and slid right out.

Illinois went WAY further than I thought they would.

Now DB can come here and admit he is a f***in cheater.

And, yes, it does crack me up that this flame war is taking place in two threads. That is just karma.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Buh-bye

Jayhawker
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jayhawker »

Nice work. Too bad you also felt the need to hide hide the evidence.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

bdoughty wrote:Wow this has gone from breaking DB's friends XBL Cherry to breaking DB's balls.
I'm just amazed Db has any friends

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

JackB1 wrote:
bdoughty wrote:Wow this has gone from breaking DB's friends XBL Cherry to breaking DB's balls.
I'm just amazed Db has any friends
Apparently his sarcastic wit is much easier to pick up on when you actually get to hear him speak rather than read his words. :wink:

I've played with db on Live before and he's not a bad guy at all. Though this whole thing between him and Jayhawker would be best handled through PM's. :D
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Jayhawker
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jayhawker »

ScoopBrady wrote: I've played with db on Live before and he's not a bad guy at all. Though this whole thing between him and Jayhawker would be best handled through PM's. :D
Unless I really want DB to explain this to the rest of the guys in the league. I dropped out as soon as I saw the trade.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

ScoopBrady wrote: I've played with db on Live before and he's not a bad guy at all. Though this whole thing between him and Jayhawker would be best handled through PM's. :D
I agree 100% Scoop, but Db does exactly the opposite. He insults people in these public threads and then tries to get others in on the "party" and
it usually gets ugly real fast. Then a few of the more level headed posters here tell him to chill out and he will sort of apologize and then he will repeat this whole cycle over and over. If he took your advice and voiced his "personal opinions" though pm's, we would all be better off.

That's all I am going to say on this topic, as I am sure Db will have his usual smart-ass reply coming shortly.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Jayhawker wrote:Do you seriously not see the problem? Are dead teams seriously allowed to trade players to their "buddies"? It's one thing if he made a trade by evaluating his needs, but it a hell of a lot different when he just ok's a deal so you can have what you want.

You offered similar deals to two other teams, and they said no. Your "buddy" then agrees to the deal, when he can't even be bothered to actually play the game. Did he actually ok the trade, or did he just give you his sign on so you could do it yourself?
get the f*** off the internet jayhawker you're a b*tch, a 37 year old man who cries like a 14 yr old girl in 7th grade... life isn't fair so deal with it assclown

Jayhawker
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jayhawker »

fletcher21 wrote:get the f*** off the internet jayhawker you're a b*tch, a 37 year old man who cries like a 14 yr old girl in 7th grade... life isn't fair so deal with it assclown
I'm sure DB is pleased you have his back.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

db is a down dude and he doesnt need someone having his "back" on the net... don't make this more than it is jayhawker... this is simply you being the whining b*tch we all know you are, and complaining about s*** that only someone who is immature would.... btw this is the first time ive been on dsp in 2 days and you reply within 10 minutes... haha get a life go spend some time with your daughter before she becomes a skank like so many other girls these days

word dont ever hate

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

db is a down dude and he doesnt need someone having his "back" on the net... don't make this more than it is jayhawker... this is simply you being the whining b*tch we all know you are, and complaining about s*** that only someone who is immature would.... btw this is the first time ive been on dsp in 2 days and you reply within 10 minutes... haha get a life go spend some time with your daughter before she becomes a skank like so many other girls these days
Immature? I guess you're the "mature" one.

Todd

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

I, for one, would like to congratulate db on becoming a "down dude." I must have missed the formal ceremony, but rest assured you deserve it, man.

And an additional shout out to Fletch for his assistance in helping wigger-ebonics jump the shark.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

So, this is what I miss when I don't view this website on the weekends?

8O

TheMightyPuck
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheMightyPuck »

I believe online sports don't give a man the ability to work out aggression like the real ones. You gotta get out now and again and look a man in the eye. Good for the soul. Try www.uschess.org ;) Or if you want to burn off some steam www.crossfit.com. And don't forget, this is dick jousting season.

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

Anyone else getting that 'just like the end of SR' feeling, or is it just me ?
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

davet010 wrote:Anyone else getting that 'just like the end of SR' feeling, or is it just me ?
Funny I was thinking the same thing on the weekend reading through a couple of the threads.

OTH Jared and PK are both standup guys who really deserve a lot of thanks for not only setting up the forum, but policing it to ensure that the level of civility remains tolerable. I've posted a couple of fiery replies myself and unfortunately, it is quite easy sometimes to post before calming down and putting a slightly less angry tone on a post.

Best wishes,

Doug