Richard Burns Rally In-Game Trailer

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Richard Burns Rally In-Game Trailer

Post by Blublub »

Just absolutely stunning.

Download from:
http://www.richardburnsrally.com/goodies.htm

Any word on if/when the Xbox version is coming stateside?

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

8O

Wow. Looks great based on that trailer and the features they list. Any word on the quality of the driving model?

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

I've gone through a few hands-on reviews and they seem very promising. Blackhole's E3 hands-on was glowing - it stressed that the driving model is very realistic and as such will take quite a while to master. Most early impressions herald it as a CMR-killer.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

I've had a quick play around with a PS2 demo and it plays very well. The cars feel a lot heavier than in CMR with more emphasis on proper weight transfer, there's a general feeling of realism about the driving experience and as a result it took me a long long time to keep my car on the road for more than 5 seconds at a time. Much as I wish I had the skill, there's a reason why I don't rally in real life.

I imagine this can be toggled on and off in the full release but in the demo you're stuck with full realistic damage - one sizeable off and you're out of the rally. That's something I've been waiting a while for and I've not yet been forced out of the event by an accident that looked to be tolerable - the feature seems to be implemented well.

It's hard to say anything concrete off a one stage demo and one driving school test, but what I've played of RBR has me very excited about the finished product.

Cheers,
Adam