Best XBOX 360 (or PS3) era games

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Best XBOX 360 (or PS3) era games

Post by Lancer »

I've completed my collection for my PS2 retro games.

Now I'm onto XBOX 360. I still have my old 360 and collecting the best sprots games on xb360 that I can remember. Here is what I have right now :

Football :
NCAA Football 11
Madden 10
Madden 12
NFL 2K5 (bc)

Soccer :
FIFA World Cup 2010

Golf :
Tiger Woods 2014 Masters

Baseball :
High Heat 2004 (bc)

----

Racing wise there are too many. I wanted to buy Blur but it's going for around $75-100 on ebay. I don't want to spend that much. Keeping the budget around $1-$5 per game.

My immediate eye is out on FIFA 12. I remember i absolutely had so much fun with that game. Although people say FIFA 13 was better. I played 13 but it's not as memorable as 12 was for me.

Other games on my radar -

NBA - NBA2K11 is probably the best game ever with the Jordan Challenge. And also all the throwback stuff.

NHL - NHL13 was probably the best game i've played on 360.

One of the PES games on 360 was fabulous - but I can't remember it right now. maybe PES 2016?
---

Non-sports - Ace Combat 6 as it just went bc for Xbox series X.

What other games on XB360 do you all recommend?

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: Best XBOX 360 (or PS3) era games

Post by JOZ »

I went down this road earlier this year. Nice to have sports games where they worked on other things besides ultimate team stuff or other microtransactions and then shove it in your face every other screen.

Here is what I recommend of what I got

Football:
Not much to go on here since Madden had the exclusive license starting this generation

All-Pro Football 2k8- Probably still the best playing football game ever. It has a lot of real legend players, but is pretty shallow after that. You can play a few seasons with the same team, but no real franchise mode or anything.
NCAA Football 12- Thought I got a good deal on this for $8. Don't even look at getting NCAA 14.

Baseball-
Love baseball, but this wasn't the console for it. I did somewhat enjoy some of the 2k games despite their shortcomings. 2k4 (bc), 2k7, 2k12/2k13(which were identical)
MVP 2004 (bc). Too bad they didn't make 2005 bc.

Basketball-
I went with NBA 2k12 myself.
College hoops 2k7- I wish there was a new version of this more so than NCAA football. Pretty good, but not as good as the NBA games in my opinion. Also, there is College Hoops 2k8, but this also goes for high $

NHL-
I actually always preferred 2k hockey. I went with NHL 2k10. After finding a good set of sliders, I am enjoying it.

Golf-
I went with an earlier version of Tiger. I believe 10, but not positive
Links 2004 is good. Original xbox game BC on the 360, not on the Xbox one

Tennis- Top Spin 4. Top Spin games were great. Glad to see they are working on a new version

Boxing- Fight Night Champion is great. This is BC on the Xbox one

Racing- Definitely the Burnout games. Also, Project Gotham 4.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Fight Night Champion can be a REALLY good, tactical boxing game with the right sliders and the desire to fight properly and not turn every bout into Ready 2 Rumble.

The game is sh*t as a sim out of the box. Terrible. But sliders and proper approach make all the difference.

Fight Night Champion also is one of the best-looking sports games for the 360.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I have fight night champion thru gamepass and play it regularly on series X.

even after all these years the game looks fantastic. Even better than some more recent sports titles.

EA has the servers for online still open. But they closed the created share boxer servers. That was a teriffic option where you could download more recent boxers. the best thing with that tool was it allowed you to take a picture of a boxer, let's say mayweather, and it would render that boxer's face almost exactly! Better than any recent face scan technology games use now. And if you didnt want to go thru that, they would allow users to share their created boxers. some of the people who made boxers were true artists. I would just download the best looking most recent render of that boxer.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Yep, the create/share boxer feature was really cool. Shame it's gone.

But as one of the biggest boxing fans left in America, it always pissed me off when people created fighters that looked like the real thing but didn't fight anything like them! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

NBA 2K11 for sure

I'm probably in the minority, but I preferred TW13 over '14 (although I also really like 14). TW13 was my favorite golf game up until EA's most recent PGA Tour.
GT = Wilk5280

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Lancer wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:58 am
Racing wise there are too many. I wanted to buy Blur but it's going for around $75-100 on ebay. I don't want to spend that much. Keeping the budget around $1-$5 per game.
I'm several thousand miles away so not the oracle on prices, but if you were in the UK, that budget would get you Project Gotham Racing 4, Colin McRae DiRT 2 or Driver: San Francisco (not strictly racing, I acknowledge), all of which are magnificent. For something slightly different, Stuntman: Ignition is a joyous experience too.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:54 pm
NBA 2K11 for sure

I'm probably in the minority, but I preferred TW13 over '14 (although I also really like 14). TW13 was my favorite golf game up until EA's most recent PGA Tour.
one of my favorites was TW 12. they had a course in hawaii i loved to play. had so much fun with that game.

nba2k11 is unmatched. the attention to detail was amazing. like when you played in the 60s era, they actually had 1 for 1 rule and exact # of fouls. little things like that made it a classic. Also, they have EVERYONE in the game that didnt come back in later titles. Like Phil Jackson as the Bulls coach.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

NCAA 2K8 is a great game. I know it’s at a high price point, but if you can find it reasonably priced somewhere, jump on it.
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Simo is right: Driver: San Francisco is an incredible game. I still play it almost weekly.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:36 am
NCAA 2K8 is a great game. I know it’s at a high price point, but if you can find it reasonably priced somewhere, jump on it.
yes its too much for me. Also EA's game March Madness 10 is also too much. I really enjoyed MM10 because it had CBS presentation and the game was half arcade half sim which made it really fun. yes the games got super repetitive if you were doing dynasty mode but for pickup and play it's still a good game. But I'm not spending around $100 for any of these titles.