GT7 PS5 - A masterpiece

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

GT7 PS5 - A masterpiece

Post by Lancer »

If I only have this game for the rest of the PS5 life cycle then I'd be in heaven.

This forum has a lot of racing fans but I've not seen a post dedicated to this game.

This game is unreal on all aspects. The graphics are amazing, better than Forza Motorsport. The cars are incredible, but the gameplay is sooooo perfect. It is great for a casual gamer like myself. And from what I've read, hardcore gamers like say PK500.

I use to think TOCA 2 was the best racer I've ever played but I got to put GT7 on top now. Yes I've only had it for 2 days, but I can't put it down. I haven't even delved into all the modes and I am having the most fun I've had since Forza Horizon 2 came out on xbox one.

What a masterpiece this game is.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: GT7 PS5 - A masterpiece

Post by sportdan30 »

You can feel the overwhelming love and care that went in to making GT7. Professionalism is how I would describe it.

Apparently, this game plays incredible in VR, but I can't handle it. Makes me too nauseous.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Enjoy. No way I'm buying a system for one game, and I've had no interest in the Gran Turismo series since GT3. The first three editions were all about eye candy over gameplay and AI, so that was enough to steer me away.

Glad you're digging it.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:40 pm
Enjoy. No way I'm buying a system for one game, and I've had no interest in the Gran Turismo series since GT3. The first three editions were all about eye candy over gameplay and AI, so that was enough to steer me away.

Glad you're digging it.
I was the same way as you. Last GT I liked was on PS2 I think. But after you play GT7 you won't be able to put it down. This one is gameplay + AI + Eye Candy. It's just perfect.

As a experienced racing gamer as yourself you would love this game. Oh my god it's so perfect.

BTW - I just discovered that you can use the entire controller as a wheel! Some guy on the reddit gt7 forums was telling me about this. That it's the preferred way to play for many. I tried it out and it's so amazing! I will have to get use to it but not using the sticks to steer but rather the entire controller is off the charts! Another feature I had no idea about in this game which is itself a game changer.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Lancer wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:21 pm
pk500 wrote:

Glad you're digging it.
I was the same way as you. Last GT I liked was on PS2 I think. But after you play GT7 you won't be able to put it down. This one is gameplay + AI + Eye Candy. It's just perfect.

As a experienced racing gamer as yourself you would love this game. Oh my god it's so perfect.
GT is my jam. I was 13 when I first played the original and, with no access to a gaming PC and the delights of things like Grand Prix Legends, the experience was as close as I could have dreamed of to driving a real car. Not to racing it, necessarily, but to driving it. Many moons ago, when I still had hair and my beard wasn't whitening further with every passing minute, I wrote an entire article - paragraph after paragraph of besotted, toss-witted idiocy - devoted to my love affair with Licence Test S-15 of Gran Turismo 4.

It's from a place of deep adoration for GT, then, that I say PK wouldn't enjoy it that much.

The default AI is pretty much entirely numb, which it has to be; when you start a race in last and only have 3 laps to get to the front, you'll fail every time if the AI puts up a big fight. The Sophy AI is better and we've seen previously that it can be scaled to put up a ridiculous challenge - the trial release earlier this year featured a level that I couldn't get anywhere near without some hugely unethical tactics - but in currently released form, someone with vast sim experience will still beat their hardest available setting consistently.

It's stunning to look at, the level of post-release support continues to impress, and the implementation of variable weather and changing track conditions is the best we've seen since Grand Prix 3 and Grand Prix 4 over 20 years ago. Tiptoeing around the Nordschleife on slicks in a sudden squall, or hunting all over a drying High Speed Ring for some puddles that might keep my wet tyres alive for one last lap, is a genuine joy.

At heart, though, despite attempts to change up the formula which vary from the broadly sensible (the Menu books, taking you on a tour of car culture and forcing you to drive more than one vehicle) to the pharmaceutically enhanced (Music Rally - what happens when you answer the question, "How many hallucinogenics would you like?" with only a nod), the underpinnings of this are still very, very Gran Turismo.

That's exactly why I love it. It's also why I know PK will stick to Assetto Corsa Competizione, which focuses on cars he enjoys, puts them in the correct real-world surroundings and, in general, captures their behaviour more accurately.

Absolutely none of that, though, should stop you from having the time of your life with GT7. If you fancy a bit of friendly competition, add my PSN handle to your friends list and you should get some licence test and Circuit Experience times to shoot for.
Last edited by GB_Simo on Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Double post. I unwittingly did a silly thing. Carry on.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

damn.

Going to get this based on your post.

My car is in the game for 1,000,000 how long will it take me to earn that?

GB_Simo wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:07 pm
Lancer wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:21 pm
pk500 wrote:

Glad you're digging it.

GT is my jam. I was 13 when I first played the original and, with no access to a gaming PC and the delights of things like Grand Prix Legends, the experience was as close as I could have dreamed of to driving a real car. Not to racing it, necessarily, but to driving it. Many moons ago, when I still had hair and my beard wasn't whitening further with every passing minute, I wrote an entire article - paragraph after paragraph of besotted, toss-witted idiocy - devoted to my love affair with Licence Test S-15 of Gran Turismo 4.

It's from a place of deep adoration for GT, then, that I say PK wouldn't enjoy it that much.

The default AI is pretty much entirely numb, which it has to be; when you start a race in last and only have 3 laps to get to the front, you'll fail every time if the AI puts up a big fight. The Sophy AI is better and we've seen previously that it can be scaled to put up a ridiculous challenge - the trial release earlier this year featured a level that I couldn't get anywhere near without some hugely unethical tactics - but in currently released form, someone with vast sim experience will still beat their hardest available setting consistently.

It's stunning to look at, the level of post-release support continues to impress, and the implementation of variable weather and changing track conditions is the best we've seen since Grand Prix 3 and Grand Prix 4 over 20 years ago. Tiptoeing around the Nordschleife on slicks in a sudden squall, or hunting all over a drying High Speed Ring for some puddles that might keep my wet tyres alive for one last lap, is a genuine joy.

At heart, though, despite attempts to change up the formula which vary from the broadly sensible (the Menu books, taking you on a tour of car culture and forcing you to drive more than one vehicle) to the pharmaceutically enhanced (Music Rally - what happens when you answer the question, "How many hallucinogenics would you like?" with only a nod), the underpinnings of this are still very, very Gran Turismo.

That's exactly why I love it. It's also why I know PK will stick to Assetto Corsa Competizione, which focuses on cars he enjoys, puts them in the correct real-world surroundings and, in general, captures their behaviour more accurately.

Absolutely none of that, though, should stop you from having the time of your life with GT7. If you fancy a bit of friendly competition, add my PSN handle to your friends list and you should get some licence test and Circuit Experience times to shoot for.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

It’s on sale for BF PS store sale $30

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Sudz wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:01 pm
damn.

Not long if you go about it smartly. The early races don't give out a ton of credits, but every track has a "circuit experience" (basically a series of time trials designed for you to learn the layout) and they pay generously. Even if you were to only achieve bronze medals in them, you'd have a million credits inside a couple of hours, tops.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Lancer wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:09 am
It’s on sale for BF PS store sale $30
Nice!

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

GB_Simo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:37 am
Sudz wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:01 pm
damn.

Not long if you go about it smartly. The early races don't give out a ton of credits, but every track has a "circuit experience" (basically a series of time trials designed for you to learn the layout) and they pay generously. Even if you were to only achieve bronze medals in them, you'd have a million credits inside a couple of hours, tops.
Thanks!!

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

this is my go to game. I got a bunch of games now for PS5 on the BF sales but man , this one just never gets old.

I sometimes just watch the replays after my race. They are so beautiful and realistic. Is there a way to save the replays on PS5 like on xbox?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Lancer wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:42 pm
this is my go to game. I got a bunch of games now for PS5 on the BF sales but man , this one just never gets old.

I sometimes just watch the replays after my race. They are so beautiful and realistic. Is there a way to save the replays on PS5 like on xbox?
Yep, just hit the share button (next to the D Pad/opposite of the start button). Options will pop up like “record the last 30 seconds”, etc.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

Lancer wrote:

100% agree. I have hundreds of hours between GT7 and GT Sport. You can find full rooms for multiplayer in sport mode 24/7. It’s so much fun.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

WPatrick wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:39 pm
Lancer wrote:

100% agree. I have hundreds of hours between GT7 and GT Sport. You can find full rooms for multiplayer in sport mode 24/7. It’s so much fun.
I will tell you something incredible WPatrick that happened to me with this game the last few days. I beat the core races and am into the bonus stages now. I had to do the races with the 'kei' cars.

Now usually, I would just buy this type of car, get it up close to the max PP, and race to win. But not in here with this kei cars program. I bought the right car, got it up to the PP, and kept losing. And losing bad, like the highest I got was 9th place. I was stuck at this level and if you can't get pass this level, you cant advance in the game.

Then I realized what this game was trying to do. It forces you to learn how to modify the cars not just in the tune shop, but also the service shop. You have to be very clever on what kind of modifications and tuning you do to get the right width, tires, suspension, brakes, etc... It's not just willy nilly like it was before the bonus stages as I described already.

After like 2 days of trying so many different combinations, I finally got one right and finished in 3rd place to get me past the first of the three races I needed to finish. And it wasn't like I won that in my first try. It took me like 5 races just to finish 3rd! And I BARELY finished Third!

I went on to beat the other two races as well after doing more modifications and tune ups with various KEI cars.

This was one of the best if not THE BEST racing game experiences in my life. Forcing the player to utilize Strategy to win these races was incredible. It was like I was playing some kind of strategic war game where I had to position my troops in the right positions to win. But in this case it was cars!

Im not a racing car guy. I don't know the bells and whistles of the racing world. I just like playing racing games more as a pickup and play - and not having to think about anything but pressing the accelerate and brake buttons. But this game made me learn racing outside of GT7. how to strategize to succeed.

IT WAS SUCH A REWARDING EXPERIENCE!

the only other game I experienced this was EA PGA Tour over this past summer when I was trying to learn that game.

--

update - thanks Ill check out GT Sport as well. Have never heard of it until you just mentioned it.

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

GT Sport online services are shutting down in January, I don’t think it’ll be functional offline. GT Sport was largely a proof of concept/test of the competitive multiplayer mode. It’s pretty bare bones for single player.