NBA 2K24 FREE this weekend gamepass

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NBA 2K24 FREE this weekend gamepass

Post by Lancer »

topic

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA 2K24 FREE this weekend gamepass

Post by sportdan30 »

Looking forward to it. I'm happy I've held off thus far on purchasing the game. I'll likely pick it up around Black Friday.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

played today and i really enjoyed it. did the ERA thing with the bulls and it was fun playing some of the 90s teams. just did a my era game nothing else. will try the other modes but this mode alone seems very fun. not sure if i'll pickup the game unless it goes on sale.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Lancer wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:27 pm
played today and i really enjoyed it. did the ERA thing with the bulls and it was fun playing some of the 90s teams. just did a my era game nothing else. will try the other modes but this mode alone seems very fun. not sure if i'll pickup the game unless it goes on sale.
Should be half off by Black Friday if history is any indication.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

sportdan30 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:24 pm
Lancer wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:27 pm
Should be half off by Black Friday if history is any indication.

was last year's ERA like this or is this years better? that mode is enough for me. but not going to buy this game full price. half price probably is good.

i just played as MJs bulls at the super sonics and it brought back great memories. they just need jonny red kerr to yell SCOTTIE! in the game and it would be perfect.

It's also cool they added the 90s NBC NBA theme for this era.

this is incredible stuff. too bad they are not playing NFL games. think how awesome having Era's in the NFL would be. Steelers 70s, Niners 80s, Cowboys 90s, Patriots last 20 years.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

looks like amazon had the digital game for sale for $47 next gen

-update - its the same price in the xbox store

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

these 2/3 days of free games were enough. I've had my fill. no need to buy any of these games now.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:44 pm
these 2/3 days of free games were enough. I've had my fill. no need to buy any of these games now.
LOL. Yep. These weekend trials deter more sales than promote. I think the ratio of the number of times I've tried a free weekend game and said, "Yep, I'm not buying that," is about 15:1 compared to those I've tried and said, "Hell, yeah, where do I buy?"
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Lancer wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:44 pm
Didn't get a chance to play Diablo IV. Played a little of NBA 2K24 to realize I can get my enjoyment just as much still playing NBA 2K23. Perhaps if the game drops to around $35, I may pick it up.

Right now, I'm playing the heck out of Mario Wonder and Spider-Man 2 to even think about playing anything else. Both exceptional games!

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

So got this on gamepass and really liking this game so far!

I'm playing myTeam which is the card game for 2k like EA ultimate team. Single player only.

They have a lot more modes now compared to the last time I played about 3 years ago. They got rid of auctions and you get cards now by rewards.

I did some offline game mode where you play a 3 min 4th quarter and if you win you get to spin the wheel. I got Lebron, Curry, and Jokic after my first 5 games. Pretty good.

I also played some Domination mode which is like a tiered vs cpu mode. Really have enjoyed that too.

But I really dig the gameplay. I got that really tall kid from the Spurs who's a rookie. I do pick and roll with him all the time and it's just perfect. I also picked up steve kerr from the bulls and if I set a screen right and he gets wide open, it's an easy 3. They even have a special cut scene in game where it shows the 3 go in from different camera angles.

Very positive so far.