EA FC 24

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

EA FC 24

Post by Lancer »

Playing thru Gamepass.

Very initial impressions after 1 game.

Menu's are terrible. Really bad. Dark and horrible looking. Played one game and the new default cam I do not like. Makes the player looks so small. Gameplay is very sluggish. The player models look cartoony. I think fifa 23/22/21 all looked better than EA FC 24. Gameplay itself was very boring.

I'll try to play some more but after my brief session I felt like uninstalling the game. I do like eFootball better than this.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: EA FC 24

Post by dbdynsty25 »

This is the best playing ea soccer game in years.

Yes the default cam sucks, the menu structure sucks, all true. But on the field it’s significantly improved. A lot more randomness…which is a big change from the seemingly scripted ea soccer games of the past.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Lancer wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:54 am
Playing thru Gamepass.

Very initial impressions after 1 game.

Menu's are terrible. Really bad. Dark and horrible looking. Played one game and the new default cam I do not like. Makes the player looks so small. Gameplay is very sluggish. The player models look cartoony. I think fifa 23/22/21 all looked better than EA FC 24. Gameplay itself was very boring.

I'll try to play some more but after my brief session I felt like uninstalling the game. I do like eFootball better than this.
The menus definitely feel clunky and crowded to say the least. I am an UT player only. Haven’t even tried the rest of the modes but if you liked efootball 24 and hate this rendition of EA’s latest footie game then this sport is not your cup of tea.

Konami’s product is embarrassing even people don’t need to pay for it. I haven’t even bothered downloading it when I saw the footage on YT. How much deeper can Konami fall?

Ea’s footie is not perfect by any means, and a long grind in UT mode online and offline. You can argue that in some instances modes like Drafts still plays slightly differently than Squad battles, to Rivals and the UT mode but how you enjoy this game or not depends a lot on the players that you are using, tactics, visuals and controls.

To me is the only Footie game in town. Something I used to say for Konami in the PS2 days but that’s so long ago.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

So you haven’t tried efootball 24 but it’s s***? Sure. :roll:

You sound butthurt that someone actually likes efootball and didn’t drool over ea fc.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Lancer wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:17 am
So you haven’t tried efootball 24 but it’s s***? Sure. :roll:

You sound butthurt that someone actually likes efootball and didn’t drool over ea fc.
Hurt? Really dude? If you enjoy efootball 24, go nuts for all I care. And no, I am not drooling over EA’s product, far from it but for someone who's been playing footie games for years, Konami’s product is far from its glory days and way below FIFA’s game in both visuals and gameplay department.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

No complaints about the interface. It's fine, not great nor horrible.

On default sliders, professional and world class A.I. doesn't give much of a competition. With Matt10's sliders over at OS, the game plays so much better. Love the randomness as DB mentioned.

Would still like to see better intelligence from my A.I. teammates especially on defense.

I've never quite found that perfect camera angle, but tele broadcast is pretty close. And this is the first year I can remember where the players actually look larger, which I most definitely prefer. These old eyes appreciate that.

Atmosphere once again is great, but some of the cut scenes are much too quick. Intros are scaled back or so it seems. Cool new cut scenes of halftime.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

sportdan30 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:40 am
I've never quite found that perfect camera angle, but tele broadcast is pretty close. And this is the first year I can remember where the players actually look larger, which I most definitely prefer. These old eyes appreciate that.
Atmosphere once again is great, but some of the cut scenes are much too quick. Intros are scaled back or so it seems. Cool new cut scenes of halftime.
I have been using Co-op zoom 20-0, try that where you can see the action more from above but can see more the movement of most of your players.

Just wanted to add that in UT I am enjoying the addition of females in the game as you’re trying to find the perfect chemistry mix with the more known names in the game.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

10spro wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:47 pm
The menus definitely feel clunky and crowded to say the least. I am an UT player only. Haven’t even tried the rest of the modes but if you liked efootball 24 and hate this rendition of EA’s latest footie game then this sport is not your cup of tea.

Konami’s product is embarrassing even people don’t need to pay for it. I haven’t even bothered downloading it when I saw the footage on YT. How much deeper can Konami fall?
I think I understand your point, and there's an argument to say that over 30 years following Hartlepool United means this sport really isn't my cup of tea either, but eFootball 24 plays perfectly well to me - an awful lot better than it did last year, without doubt. It's feature-light, of that there's no question, but as someone who no longer invests huge amounts of time into career modes and doesn't touch online, I'd be quite happy playing either of this year's releases.

I might have seen some of the randomness db mentioned during a Sunderland vs Newcastle match when the AI, clean through on goal with time running out, lost control of things, forced itself hopelessly wide and couldn't even get a shot away. It looked a bit stupid, in truth, as if the AI had made a conscious decision to run away from goal, but it felt new and novel all the same. I'm not an elite FIFA/EAFC player so I'm on World Class difficulty, which is still high enough for me to make the assumption that it's an attempt at randomness rather than rank idiocy.

Back on more familiar ground, it feels as though we're in a "crosses don't work, and please use the power shot mechanic" kind of a year, at least for now, but this is based on limited play time. We're definitely still in a phase of full backs delaying their overlapping run until it's far too late, so your passing lane is cut off before they even enter it, but we've been in that phase since about 2008 so we'll soldier on.

Presentation-wise, the new graphics on set pieces are interesting and informative, though I find the method of controlling free kicks and corners to be a change for change's sake. Guy Mowbray, though...I like Guy Mowbray's commentary, usually. Enthusiastic, informative, all that good stuff. Here, he's none of that and his delivery falls a bit flat. Contrast that with Peter Drury on eFootball, who takes Konami's reliably limited script and sells it with such conviction that you briefly forget it's all nonsense.

With all that said, the lack of time invested makes me the wrong person to offer up too many in-depth thoughts, I suspect. As an example, I have absolutely no idea what difference the Hypermotion system has made to gameplay, nor whether it's enabled any fancy new animations. Perhaps there's still some value in me saying that to me, my time with EA FC has felt decidedly FIFA-ish and that, almost inevitably, you'll have a fair idea of whether it's going to be your cup of tea before you even boot it up.

Other hot beverages are available.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

EAFC plays great in the field, but man they gotta fix these goalkeepers.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

EA pulls all 'FIFA' titles -

https://www.trueachievements.com/n55119 ... isted-xbox

I predicted this once they left the FIFA license.

I wonder if the gamepass versions are still there to play : fifa 23, fifa 22, etc..

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:44 pm
I wonder if the gamepass versions are still there to play : fifa 23, fifa 22, etc..
FIFA 22 and 23 are the only titles in the franchise still available on GamePass.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

My initial impressions of FC 24:

The game does feel a lot more random than in past years, as DB said. But it also feels faster and more arcadish, with power shots abounding, as Adam said.

FC 24 appears to be a conundrum. It's fun, without a doubt. It's less scripted than in the past, with more missed shots by human and CPU players, especially with lower-league teams. There is more emphasis on one-on-one battles, whether they're between your controlled player and an AI defender or your defender and an AI player with the ball. There also appears to be a greater differentiation between mediocre players and great players. Same with mediocre teams and great teams. All good.

But the game is faster. It does rely more on power shots than finesse. And does the ref ever brandish a card? I've seen guys nearly get their legs amputated, with just a foul called.

I don't hate FC 24. I don't love it, either. Interesting new direction for the franchise. Will play the full 10 hours of the trial, especially since it looks and plays so smoothly on the Series X. But I'll probably return to FIFA 23 after the trial and wait until FC 24 gets a big discount or enters EA Play next summer. No way I'm paying $70 for this.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:51 pm
My initial impressions of FC 24:

The game does feel a lot more random than in past years, as DB said. But it also feels faster and more arcadish, with power shots abounding, as Adam said.

FC 24 appears to be a conundrum. It's fun, without a doubt. It's less scripted than in the past, with more missed shots by human and CPU players, especially with lower-league teams. There is more emphasis on one-on-one battles, whether they're between your controlled player and an AI defender or your defender and an AI player with the ball. There also appears to be a greater differentiation between mediocre players and great players. Same with mediocre teams and great teams. All good.

But the game is faster. It does rely more on power shots than finesse. And does the ref ever brandish a card? I've seen guys nearly get their legs amputated, with just a foul called.

I don't hate FC 24. I don't love it, either. Interesting new direction for the franchise. Will play the full 10 hours of the trial, especially since it looks and plays so smoothly on the Series X. But I'll probably return to FIFA 23 after the trial and wait until FC 24 gets a big discount or enters EA Play next summer. No way I'm paying $70 for this.
Since you have a X now with Gamepass U FIFA 23 is good enough to last you the year.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:28 pm
Since you have a X now with Gamepass U FIFA 23 is good enough to last you the year.
That's always my mojo with EA Sports games. I haven't bought one new since I became an EA Play member about five years ago. That's the whole purpose of Play for me.

Plus, EA Sports hasn't released a new game in the last five years that's worth a Day One purchase, IMO. That makes Play an even better value.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The more I play this, the more I like it. As DB said, EA finally has listened to those complaining about predictable, seemingly scripted gameplay and introduced a whole new level of random results into this game.

Take last night, for example. I played an Argentine League match as Estudiantes against Tigre. I dominated the game -- twice as many shots, 61-39 possession, yet I missed a few sitters and the Tigre keeper was en fuego. I lost, 1-0.

Haven't felt that satisified by the gameplay after a loss in an EA soccer game in quite some time. In past years, my on-field dominance would have translated into a predictable, easy win. Early days, but no so yet with FC 24.

A VERY fun game to play. I may not be able to wait until this hits EA Play next summer. Need a Black Friday sale now! :)

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:02 am
The more I play this, the more I like it. As DB said, EA finally has listened to those complaining about predictable, seemingly scripted gameplay and introduced a whole new level of random results into this game.

Take last night, for example. I played an Argentine League match as Estudiantes against Tigre. I dominated the game -- twice as many shots, 61-39 possession, yet I missed a few sitters and the Tigre keeper was en fuego. I lost, 1-0.

Haven't felt that satisified by the gameplay after a loss in an EA soccer game in quite some time. In past years, my on-field dominance would have translated into a predictable, easy win. Early days, but no so yet with FC 24.

A VERY fun game to play. I may not be able to wait until this hits EA Play next summer. Need a Black Friday sale now! :)
it'll go on sale for $40 at the end of October at some retailers like Target for a week's time.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:02 am

So you were indeed HIGH last night during Dragon’s night when you were cursing at the game. :lol: In UT I play my fair share of online tournaments and one thing I am finding a nice change over previous footie games by EA is that defending can be a bit of challenge for some. You just can’t go sweeping or tackling at will as in the past, gotta stay patient and cover your man by using the Cdm’s.

Constant sprinting will tire your player too, as I was mentioning yesterday try to stick to your LS for skills and when evading your opponent and if you need to add some speed, (I can’t remember what they called it now) but using the LB button while advancing makes your player have better control of the ball instead of sprinting.

Don’t hesitate to change strategies too when something is not working out for you.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:47 pm
it'll go on sale for $40 at the end of October at some retailers like Target for a week's time.
Thanks, but I stopped buying physical discs long ago. That won't change even with the X.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:11 pm
So you were indeed HIGH last night during Dragon’s night when you were cursing at the game. :lol:
Yeah, it was a day that ended in "ay." :)

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

i only play SEASONS online mode for FIFA when I do online. I don't do FUT online and haven't for like 4 years.

On FIFA 23, it got tiring playing every team that was MAN CITY or PSG and the other guy was a master with the sticks. Then I changed my team to the Al Nassar one to try Ronaldo and it changed the entire game for me. Instead of being overmatched with talented teams and talented players, I got all sort of mid level teams from all over the world. Teams I never heard of from places like China, Netherlands, Scot/irish teams, and the 2nd level English teams. I didnt care about w/l because the games were fun and competitive since it seemed the other player was around my skill.

That was one great thing about FIFA 23 seasons. I think for 24 I may try the same approach. If I pick Inter MIami with Messi and I get to play other MLS teams with the same skill level as me, that would be great. I'll test it out.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Glad you kept with it PK. I still stand by my statement that it’s the best game on the field in years…absolutely hate the menus and functionality of the interface. Atrocious UI design.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

i started some SEASONS online games with Miami and man they are s***. they are so slow to defend and Messi isn't the difference maker in FC 24

i went back to Al Nassar w/ Ronoldo and that team is so much better now than they were in FIFA 23. They added Mane' and he is a real game breaker along with Ronaldo. Had some really good competitive games with Al Nassar in FC 23.

Not sure to spend $70 on this just to play seasons online. I can just stick with FIFA 23 to do that.

FC 24 is very clunky and not as smooth as FIFA 23. Maybe they'll fix that.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:55 pm
Lancer wrote:
Thanks, but I stopped buying physical discs long ago. That won't change even with the X.
what? really who is this? give PK his account back you thief! The PK I knew would buy physical and then sell them for pennies on ebay. :lol:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:59 am
pk500 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:55 pm
Lancer wrote:
what? really who is this? give PK his account back you thief! The PK I knew would buy physical and then sell them for pennies on ebay. :lol:
Hahahahaha! I dropped physical discs once the disc drive on my OG Xbox died around 2019 or 2020. No plans to return even though I have a Series X now. So much easier, efficient and cheaper (with Microsoft Store sales) to go discless.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

How do you do the 10 hour EA play? I see the links for madden and NHL but not for FC.