eFootball 2024

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

eFootball 2024

Post by Lancer »

anyone play this yet? I think it's still free on all consoles. Looking for feedback on next gen PS4/XBX

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: eFootball 2024

Post by wco81 »

Are you referring to the EA Sports game without the FIFA license?

They call it FC24 and it is releasing on 9/29?

Seeing commercials with Beckham and Zidane.

Looks like they will have licenses to all the top leagues, including women's leagues as well as the players.

So the only thing they can't have in the game are the national teams, so no WC or Euro matches?

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

No not the EA game. The Konami game. PES

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:06 am
anyone play this yet? I think it's still free on all consoles. Looking for feedback on next gen PS4/XBX
If last year's game was any indication, I'd rather drag my balls through broken glass.

Konami's fall from the peak of soccer gaming is sad. A mere shell of its past glory.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I had some time last night to download it and try.

And wow, what a improvement this game is.

The game is just FUT Konami style. There is no Master league or season modes any more.

I only play offine and they have a lot of single tourney offline vs cpu modes. Like you can play vs every league in sort of a tourney of games. Spanish, English, Japanese, World, etc... They also give you the Inter Miami Messi card free.

I did some games to get use to it and by the end of 4 games I had Mbappe and Neymar on my team. It has some kind of battle pass thing too - the more you play, the more players you can pickup. You can do the battle pass thing for free.

I played on default regular and wow this game plays fantastic. the pace is perfect and not sped up like FIFA. I am still learning all the moves but they added more user friendly simple tackling like FIFA has.

The graphics are amazing. It's not like FIFA but it's done in a different way. I really enjoy the look of the game. It's super clean and fresh off the screen. Player models are really good too.

The downside is you don't get many options. I think there is only one stadium or it won't let you choose other stadiums. There are no other options or game modes for offline. I will never play this game online since it feels like it's for the more hardcore soccer gamer than say FIFA. But I can see online is probably pay to play.

but...THE GAME IS FREE! so I'm not complaining. It seems like it may get tiring in the long run but for my soccer fix, I will stick with this. Maybe they add some offline season mode as rumored but Konami is cheap and makes sense to go where the money is.

PK500 - did you see the word FREE above? :lol:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Oh, I'm sure I'll try it. You had me at FREE. :)

But I'm without an Xbox right now. My son just moved to Durango, Colorado, for a job, and I gave him my 9-year-old OG Xbox One as a going-away gift. He only plays three game series -- PGA Tour 2K, Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs, but he loves them and plays them often.

I'm deciding whether to get a 1 TB Series S or splurge on the Series X. Need to wait a bit to buy, hopefully for a sale or some deal. Plus you know me: I always spend other people's money to buy stuff. So, I need to either skim some of my sports betting winnings or sell a pair of my audiophile headphones to buy this new rig.

Decisions, decisions! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:10 am

But I'm without an Xbox right now. My son just moved to Durango, Colorado, for a job, and I gave him my 9-year-old OG Xbox One as a going-away gift. He only plays three game series -- PGA Tour 2K, Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs, but he loves them and plays them often.

I'm deciding whether to get a 1 TB Series S or splurge on the Series X. Need to wait a bit to buy, hopefully for a sale or some deal. Plus you know me: I always spend other people's money to buy stuff. So, I need to either skim some of my sports betting winnings or sell a pair of my audiophile headphones to buy this new rig.

that's great news about your son! Ya gaming is just a hobby. spend your money wisely. Go with series X but S isn't bad either if you don't game as much these days.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

So free means no licensed clubs or players?

Is there an easy way to load real rosters and kits?

And is there still an avid community to create and distribute them?

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

wco81 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:47 am
So free means no licensed clubs or players?

Is there an easy way to load real rosters and kits?

And is there still an avid community to create and distribute them?
they have all the players and rosters but not all the teams. Some of the leagues with all the real teams but not sure which. But for the Premier league they have Arsenal and Man U I think and that's it. All the other teams have the real names but not the real logos or uniforms.

I dont know how the marketplace stuff works in this game. It's different than FIFA. You can buy players but not sure about kits and stadiums.

But the gameplay is pretty solid.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:

Please get a Series X, even if you have to wait a few more months. I've got both - it's worth the extra coin. The S to me is a secondary, portable console that I take from my garage to my back yard to my office. Being so small and portable is nice, but it's definitely underpowered.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

pk500 wrote:

You definitely want to get the X over the S for sure!

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

does anyone know how this FUT mode for PES works? they make it so user unfriendly.

Today they dropped a new program 'Neymar's New Journey'. You get a Neymar 84 ranked card to complete it.

I will add him to my team and try to figure out what I have to accomplish to complete the program. But this interface is so confusing.

update - the new Neymar card has his position as 'SS'. WTF is that? LOL. Shortstop? I don't think I ever saw a 'SS' position in Fifa. What type of formation do you have to play for this to work?

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I played the 'SEASONS' mode of this game that is same as FIFA.

I suck at online play but I won 8/10 games. You just need 3 points to get out of division 10.

I think most ppl are playing this until the new EA game comes out.

But so far it's been pretty fun.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Lancer wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:27 pm
update - the new Neymar card has his position as 'SS'. WTF is that? LOL. Shortstop? I don't think I ever saw a 'SS' position in Fifa. What type of formation do you have to play for this to work?
Second striker. Typically a role occupied by forward players who, while capable of scoring goals, like to drop deeper, provide a link between midfield and attack and act as a creative foil for a more prolific strike partner.

I have no idea what's going on with the FUT-equivalent stuff, partly because the game fired all sorts of explainers at me at initial start-up in one big barrage, but mainly because I didn't give a toss about it. I do, however, care about how this plays. Pro Evo was my jam. PES 3 through to PES 5 in particular are home to some of my favourite gaming memories. The first eFootball effort, following on from PES returning to something approaching form after a decade in the wilderness, nearly made me cry.

eFootball 2024, though, isn't bad at all. I've mainly played single matches, where the Beginner difficulty could be beaten while blindfolded, Regular is a sensible starting point if you've played a few football games before, Superstar is really bloody difficult and all the options in between are greyed out. I assume the other difficulties are accessible elsewhere but since I've not looked for them, I've been having my arse paddled on Superstar.

Mainly, this is because the CPU likes a skill move. Playing against Portugal as England, I was struck by how their forwards loved a Marseilles turn and a stepover, along with their willingness to punish the slightest error in defensive positioning. It feels like unbeatable cheesing to start with but after a few matches, you begin to see some of the ways in which you can do a better job of stopping them.

What you can't stop - or I can't, anyway - is the CPU's tendency to fire absolute thunderbastards beyond your despairing goalkeeper from 25 yards. This is an issue I didn't encounter on Regular difficulty, but on Superstar, the opposition isn't shy about shooting from range if you leave a gap and scores more than it misses. The 'keepers aren't to blame here, being generally solid in my experience, apart from an instance of Jordan Pickford just sort of falling over when a dive to the left, any kind of dive to the left, would have prevented a goal. Then again, though, Jordan Pickford.

Going forward, everything's pretty tight. You can ping quick short passes around, automatically-aimed through balls are generally intelligently placed and weighted, you can either float or drive a long ball depending on your needs and dribbling feels sensible, with a decent sense of weight. It all feels pretty good. And then you realise what it actually feels like.

It feels like Pro Evolution Soccer. Like Konami casually set fire to the PES franchise and branding, threw away the remains of the goodwill they'd been steadily leaking for a while, made a complete dog's breakfast of starting again with a new game engine and eventually, after a lot of work, ended up pretty much back where they started but with a much smaller audience.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

P.S.: You f*ckers were right, as usual. I took your advice, sold a pair of audiophile headphones and got a Series X instead of an S.

The X is a magnificent machine. Really enjoying the faster load times, faster download speeds due to better network card (I downloaded a 14 GB game last night in under 15 minutes with my fiber-optic connection) and gorgeous 4K gaming.

And yeah, the 500 GB SSD Series S is pretty useless unless you only play a few games and don't own a 4K TV. That SSD fills in a hurry, and the difference between 1400p and 4K gaming is very noticeable. A 1 TB SSD should be the minimum drive size for any flavor of the X and S. Smart of MS to release a 1 TB version of the S, but I'm still glad I got the X!

Thanks again for everyone's advice.

Back to regularly scheduled eFootball conversation ...

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:56 pm
P.S.: You f*ckers were right, as usual. I took your advice, sold a pair of audiophile headphones and got a Series X instead of an S.

The X is a magnificent machine. Really enjoying the faster load times, faster download speeds due to better network card (I downloaded a 14 GB game last night in under 15 minutes with my fiber-optic connection) and gorgeous 4K gaming.

And yeah, the 500 GB SSD Series S is pretty useless unless you only play a few games and don't own a 4K TV. That SSD fills in a hurry, and the difference between 1400p and 4K gaming is very noticeable. A 1 TB SSD should be the minimum drive size for any flavor of the X and S. Smart of MS to release a 1 TB version of the S, but I'm still glad I got the X!

Thanks again for everyone's advice.

Back to regularly scheduled eFootball conversation ...
congrats

even with the X you may need to buy more memory if you have huge games.

I have 4 games that take up 2/3 of the space - Flight Sim - it's like over 200GB with all the addons, Forza Horizon 4, that's like another 120gb, The new Forza Motorsports 8 is also over 100gb (pre installed), and Starfall which is 100gb. NBA2k is also over 100gb if you are into NBA gaming.

All the MS games are available via cloud too but youll take a graphical hit. but if you're ok with deleting games on the HD to make room for others you can do that too.

I recommend you download MLB THE SHOW 23. even if you don't like baseball the game is incredible.

and efootball is free. you can download and try it and if you don't like it you can just erease.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah, even with a 1TB drive I finally bit the bullet last week and got a 1TB expansion card since they finally dropped in price. $150 isn't quite as insane as $230 for the 1TB cards. I got the WD Black one, just to boycott Seagate. Finally had their exclusivity expire and magically the price drops $80. Assholes.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Yep, I have already filled my 1 TB drive with about 16 games. They're all X/S or enhanced games, as I want to make the most of the graphical enhancements, which are fantastic. The lighting, especially.

I enjoy MS Flight Simulator but not enough for it to consume a quarter of my drive. So, I'll stick to cloud and take the graphical hit on that, at least until I finish or tire of games and can delete to create space. Same with GTA 5.

MLB The Show 23 is a staple in my gaming rotation, so that was one of the first to get the X/S upgrade and get installed on my drive. It looks and plays with such majesty. I put Forza 7 on my drive, and Forza 8 is only about 20 GB bigger, so I'll make some space somehow. Not into the NBA 2K or NHL series at all -- both are stale and boring as f*ck -- so no worries on that front.

The X is a brand-new world, fellas. A very nice, fresh renewal of the hobby. Thanks.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:23 pm
Yeah, even with a 1TB drive I finally bit the bullet last week and got a 1TB expansion card since they finally dropped in price. $150 isn't quite as insane as $230 for the 1TB cards. I got the WD Black one, just to boycott Seagate. Finally had their exclusivity expire and magically the price drops $80. Assholes.

I did the same thing last week. But got a Seagate one from BB. I had like $50 BB credit that was going to expire so got it for $100. Still probably too much but with the big games coming out on Xbox this fall like Starfall, Forza 8, and a ton of other games I had to delete to make room I bit the bullet and got it.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:12 pm
Yep, I have already filled my 1 TB drive with about 16 games. They're all X/S or enhanced games, as I want to make the most of the graphical enhancements, which are fantastic. The lighting, especially.

I enjoy MS Flight Simulator but not enough for it to consume a quarter of my drive. So, I'll stick to cloud and take the graphical hit on that, at least until I finish or tire of games and can delete to create space. Same with GTA 5.

MLB The Show 23 is a staple in my gaming rotation, so that was one of the first to get the X/S upgrade and get installed on my drive. It looks and plays with such majesty. I put Forza 7 on my drive, and Forza 8 is only about 20 GB bigger, so I'll make some space somehow. Not into the NBA 2K or NHL series at all -- both are stale and boring as f*ck -- so no worries on that front.

The X is a brand-new world, fellas. A very nice, fresh renewal of the hobby. Thanks.
if you have an external HD that you installed your games from your xbox one you can directly hook that up to your Series X and play games off it right away. No need to trasnfer any files.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:45 pm
if you have an external HD that you installed your games from your xbox one you can directly hook that up to your Series X and play games off it right away. No need to trasnfer any files.
Thanks. My old external HD went to Colorado with my son.

But I also have fiber-optic internet with download speeds of 500-600 MBPS, so I can download a 20 GB game in about 15-20 minutes.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:29 pm
Lancer wrote:

But I also have fiber-optic internet with download speeds of 500-600 MBPS, so I can download a 20 GB game in about 15-20 minutes.
Think what he's trying to say is any games that are older titles without the enhancements can be played from any old external USB drive. You can plug it in and install all the old stuff and play games from it. So if you go spend 25-30 bucks on one you can just download a ton of older stuff and benefit from the speed of the X. It breathes new life into older games like Red Dead 2 and GTA V.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:44 pm
Think what he's trying to say is any games that are older titles without the enhancements can be played from any old external USB drive. You can plug it in and install all the old stuff and play games from it. So if you go spend 25-30 bucks on one you can just download a ton of older stuff and benefit from the speed of the X. It breathes new life into older games like Red Dead 2 and GTA V.
Good to know. Maybe I'll pick up a cheapo drive around Black Friday.

Thanks to you both.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:
Lancer wrote:

do you leave yours plugged into the series X all the time? I have a WD one which has this annoying blinking light all the time. Even if I turn it the other way the light blinks off the wall. Always scared me that it'll harm my series x. so I always unplugged it unless I wanted to play an old Xbox One game like RDR 2 or one of the older Forza Horizon games.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:44 am
dbdynsty25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:

do you leave yours plugged into the series X all the time? I have a WD one which has this annoying blinking light all the time. Even if I turn it the other way the light blinks off the wall. Always scared me that it'll harm my series x. so I always unplugged it unless I wanted to play an old Xbox One game like RDR 2 or one of the older Forza Horizon games.
I have both an external WD Black 2TB and now the WD Black 1TB expansion and yes they are both always plugged in. My system is in a ventilated cabinet so I don’t see the lights.