MLB The Show 23

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

MLB The Show 23

Post by Sudz »

I saw an email for the tech test in my spam folder. Is anybody taking part in it this year?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB The Show 23

Post by Diablo25 »

Yep. I have messed around with it a bit. There are some defensive tweaks. Throwing is now harder…in a good way. The new game mode (which isn’t in the tech test) is called Story Lines and it involves the Negro Leagues. Looks pretty cool. I get the game every year. It has been getting a bit stale but is still the best sports video game franchise IMO. The Tech Test is free and doesn’t require an invite.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The Legends trailer released today. Several Negro Leaguers and a few others in there. There was a launch trailer released also but there is no game footage…just Jazz Chisolm talking over some cut scenes.

https://youtu.be/r3FdCA1gDHo
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I am using the new “Bat” on the PCI center for hitting which I think is new this year. Takes a bit of adjusting, but there’s a custom practice mode which helps for both pitching and hitting. Now, for whatever reason after experimenting with different cameras, I still prefer the default “broadcast” camera for pitching but it would not change it to that one during gameplay.

Of course DD is my main mode starting with a Mini season so far and eventually into ‘Conquest’.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I played a quick game as the Tigers on my Xbox One S.

Feels similar to last year's game but still fun.

I wish I had the time/video game stamina of years past to dive in ;)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Just played a game on the PC via XBGP and Cloud gaming, it played flawless.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pigpen81 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:15 pm

Don't you mean it feels the same as the last 5 years? The game is boring - yet I continue to play it because I love baseball. Thank goodness it's free on Gamepass. I do buy the Switch version so I can continue my season and Road to the Show on the go.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:46 pm
pigpen81 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:15 pm

Don't you mean it feels the same as the last 5 years? The game is boring - yet I continue to play it because I love baseball. Thank goodness it's free on Gamepass. I do buy the Switch version so I can continue my season and Road to the Show on the go.
Boring or not, it's still the best team sports game for pure gameplay by some distance.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I have completed two of the Negro League stories and have thoroughly enjoyed them so far.

If I had this game in the 80's, 90's or early 2000's I don't think I would have ever left my room.

Such a great game, and yes, a little stale at times.

With quick counts and skipping half innings, I can play games in 20 minutes or so.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I get the "stale" thing, Piggy and DB. But I'm still enamored as hell with The Show since, as an Xbox-only owner, my first exposure to this terrific franchise came just two years ago.

It's a remarkable team sports game. The best.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Played some single player Diamond Dynasty last night and really had a good time with that mode. I'll likely devote more time to DD than I ever have in year's past. It's pretty fun pulling a new card out of a pack hoping to get lucky.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I am really enjoying the gameplay so far. The "bat" icon with flick batting is a ton of fun and I am seeing a wide variety of hit types. The ball physics have been on point. I hit a hard grounder down the line and watched the ball launch off a bullpen like it was a bike ramp :)

Looking back, I could only have dreamed of a baseball game this good 30+ years ago back when I was playing Epyx Worlds Greatest Baseball Game, the original Hardball, Bases Loaded, RBI Baseball, and Baseball Stars. 20+ years ago with the High Heat Series, VR Baseball, Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball, MVP Baseball and the ASB series.

I just wish I was younger and had more time to enjoy it ;)

We have become seriously spoiled :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

In DD, opening packs is always fun and getting lucky is very unlikely unfortunately, that’s how they get their $$$ from the hardcore. What I do instead is buy the same trusted players over the years that perform well for me. Take G. Springer for example. Before the opener today vs the Cards I bought him for 1.2 K yesterday, he’s always been a good contact hitter for me, got some speed and plays good D in the outfield. He went 5 for 6 today, if he can stay healthy and keeps it up, he could turn into a Diamond player by next week or two.

Another Gold player that does well for me and doesn’t cost much is W.Contreras. He’s a low gold but over the season he can hit and catch well for my team.

Key thing is knowing which Silver players can turn into Gold and eventually growing into Diamond. Sell them at that point and make some coins.

Then you have those rich kids at YT, pitching over 2K in hopes of getting the 99 M. Maguire card that can hit anything consistently.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I am liking the game a bit more than normal this year. It has been getting stale the past few years but I am enjoying hitting this year more than in the past. Love the additions to RTTS, Franchise and the Negro League storyline is very cool. I tried the Face Scan for my RTTS player and it worked fairly well. No complaints. Gives my player a unique look. Solid title as usual and if you have game pass its a no brainer.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

I’ve decided this year to really dig into every gameplay mode this game offers. All I can say so far is WOW! There are so many quality features worthwhile playing.

IMHO, this video sports game by far best recreates the feel of the sport that any other sports video game that I’ve played so far.

I normally never buy DLC for games, but I will definitely be buying packs for this game. Especially since it’s on Game Pass again this year.

-MERACE

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

this is the best show since 17.

WBC program is really fun. Too bad they did not add this as another game mode like EA does w/ the world cup.

But overall the game is the best version in the last 6 years.

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

Lancer wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:29 pm

WBC program is really fun. Too bad they did not add this as another game mode like EA does w/ the world cup.

Can you actually play a offline WBC tournaments or can you just use international teams for exhibitions?

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

jLp_VaKer0 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:24 am
Lancer wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:29 pm

Can you actually play a offline WBC tournaments or can you just use international teams for exhibitions?
No, they dropped the ball with this. At least EA includes all international tourneys in their games. But not SDS.

You can play the program in DD. It's not online - it's an offline mode. It was really fun because I got to learn about all the international players. Which then led me to want that tourney mode in the game as a separate add on. But they didnt do it.

If you play the WBC program and need help let me know, i can walk you through it.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

They really make you buy freaking credits to truly enjoy the RTTS mode. I've been in AA for 4 years at this point. I think I went from 59 to 62 in those years. Really f'n annoying. Luckily, I have Game Pass.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Sudz wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:56 pm
They really make you buy freaking credits to truly enjoy the RTTS mode. I've been in AA for 4 years at this point. I think I went from 59 to 62 in those years. Really f'n annoying. Luckily, I have Game Pass.
put it on rookie mode so you can get to the majors then turn it back to the mode/difficulty you want. 4 years is too long. i know in the game there is some glitch that keeps you in the minors forever.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

This is the greatest console baseball game ever made, thank you game pass!!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

MizzouRah wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:46 pm
This is the greatest console baseball game ever made, thank you game pass!!

100 percent yes.

I am loving the Extreme Program right now. the conquest extreme is super fun as you have to beat all 30 MLB teams on the map.

This has been the best MLB THE SHOW since 17. 21 was really good too.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I played the hell out of the last two years, but I really didn't like this shift to the "series concept". I get why they are trying it, but feels like a failed experiment (IMO). I love the how the community (previously) would shift together towards the latest 'hot cards'. This year has been a massive 95+ card dump from day 1. Just felt weird. I also don't love when they drop some minor leaguers or draft picks and give him a 99. We end up playing these teams with a bunch of players who I have zero connection to (and may never make it to the majors). Okay, RANT OVER....
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Curious, what settings/difficulty/mode are you guys using for hitting? I am struggling to get any home runs. I have only hit 3 or 4 in probably 20-25 games in the franchise I am playing. Now it is a 1985 roster and I am the Cardinals, so there isn't much power there, but I did add myself and traded for Andre Dawson :D

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

JOZ wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:49 am
Curious, what settings/difficulty/mode are you guys using for hitting? I am struggling to get any home runs. I have only hit 3 or 4 in probably 20-25 games in the franchise I am playing. Now it is a 1985 roster and I am the Cardinals, so there isn't much power there, but I did add myself and traded for Andre Dawson :D
I've been using Directional Hitting now for the last 3/4 years. I'm too old for Zone. I play on Legend pitching and All-Star hitting.