Backbone Game Controller

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Backbone Game Controller

Post by JackB1 »

Anyone else tried this yet? I just picked one up and am pretty impressed. I’m using it with my iphone and playing games on Xbox cloud gaming, which is still in beta so it will only get better. It’s $15 a month and the controller is $100. For someone like me that doesn’t have and consoles anymore and just want something for occasional gaming, it’s pretty worthwhile. Wish there were more sports games on it but hopefully in the future. So far I’ve played The Show, Grid, Hot Wheels, NFS and Halo. They have lots of racing games.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Backbone Game Controller

Post by pk500 »

JAAAAACK! Good to hear from you, man. Hope you're still spinning at 33 1/3, forward revolutions ...

That Backbone unit looks cool. I'm still rolling along in console land, but that gizmo looks like a nice option for phone-only gaming. The touch controls of phone gaming always have bothered me compared to the tactile feel of a controller.

Beta Cloud gaming rocks on Game Pass Ultimate. Yeah, it's still a beta, but it works damn well -- arguably as well as Xbox Live back in the beta days of 2002.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Backbone Game Controller

Post by JackB1 »

Hey Paul! This is a great options for anyone without a console. Also, you can use the Backbone and XBox cloud gaming on any PC as long as you have a fast wi-fi connection. Much more enjoyable than playing on your phone. I think cloud gaming is the future and consoles will go the way of the 8 track player.