PGA Tour 2K23

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA Tour 2K23

Post by 10spro »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:04 pm
10spro wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:37 pm
John, when is the deadline for the daily tourneys? I wanted to play Emery Beach today and it won’t allow me to. Give us western coasters more time. 8)

On a positive note, just won my first career tourney at Haven with a -7, maybe there’s some hope…
If you go into the schedule, you can start it from there. That's what I did. Westsiiiiiide.

Oh yeah, first three drives, VERY FAST, right into the lake. Sweet. Starting off +5 and worked my way back to even, then hit into the drink on 18 to finish +2. I cannot for the life of me figure out the driver.
Yep, that’s what I usually do, but I guess there was a time limit for Emery Beach.

I have a fast swing. Period. Just can’t get “Perfect”.

And with pretty much every club, especially the Driver. I try to compensate my hooks by aiming way to the right to somehow lay some balls in the fairway, and sometimes it helps. Either that, or just keep grinding in your career, I just have this feeling that once you’re finished customize your clubs, the weight and swing at striking a ball is better that the current stage.

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

caveat: I still suck

But to suck less... on the series X anyway.. i turned off the swing meter except for putting. I'm doing way better as far as timing goes, even getting some perfect ones. Watching that damn meter doesn't work as well as just watching the golfer for me. I've seen some complaints in this thread that the animation is "off" , so I'm curious which platform you are on when this happens? It seems ok for me on the series X?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

James_E wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:31 am
caveat: I still suck

But to suck less... on the series X anyway.. i turned off the swing meter except for putting. I'm doing way better as far as timing goes, even getting some perfect ones. Watching that damn meter doesn't work as well as just watching the golfer for me. I've seen some complaints in this thread that the animation is "off" , so I'm curious which platform you are on when this happens? It seems ok for me on the series X?
On the series X, I’ve seen my character moan and groan after a chip shot that would go straight into a hole making a birdie or saving par.

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Well yeah I've seen that after-shot weirdness too. Kinda silly. Chip it in and my golfer throws his arms up in despair.

But I'm talking about during the swing. Folks are saying the golfer animation is not matching their swing input I think?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Series X here too. I'll have to dump the swing meter too I guess. But then how do you hit the 70% shots, just by feel? That seems like a recipe for disaster given how off the animation to meter is when it's actually on.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:20 am
Series X here too. I'll have to dump the swing meter too I guess. But then how do you hit the 70% shots, just by feel? That seems like a recipe for disaster given how off the animation to meter is when it's actually on.
I haven't even tried the meter. I turned it off first thing. I just went in hitting it just like 2k21. Never used any meters there either. As far as lower percentage shots, you can use the vibration there as well. It does take some getting used to.

However, if at all possible, I try to figure out different shot types/clubs/loft/spin combinations to get me a full 100% shot that is about the distance of a smaller percentage shot on a normal shot. If that makes any sense. Just easier for me to try a 100% swing everytime if I can get away with it.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

JOZ wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:59 am
I haven't even tried the meter. I turned it off first thing. I just went in hitting it just like 2k21. Never used any meters there either. As far as lower percentage shots, you can use the vibration there as well. It does take some getting used to.

However, if at all possible, I try to figure out different shot types/clubs/loft/spin combinations to get me a full 100% shot that is about the distance of a smaller percentage shot on a normal shot. If that makes any sense. Just easier for me to try a 100% swing everytime if I can get away with it.
Welp - turned off the meter, playing like 2k1 and I'm back to normal. WTF is this meter crap, it's gonna turn everyone off to this game. No meter and I shot -4 and -5 in my career...first time I've broken par in any round. So it's definitely the crap meter.

And yeah, the whole 100% thing is just like 2k1 without the meter. I get it. :)

Also, never QUICK RESUME this game. I did that this morning and the swing temp is crap, almost every time. Restarted the game and it was fine after that.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Has anyone had any success with the splash shots? I can't figure it out. I'm to the point where I just chip out of the bunkers.

Also, I have started moving my distance meter 2 feet in from where it starts on all putts. Seems to help with the ball shooting so far past the hole if you miss. That is, unless it is somewhat down hill, then it is gone. I don't feel the greens are as ridiculous as 2019, but I don't think they are as good as 2k21.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

JOZ wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:24 pm
Has anyone had any success with the splash shots? I can't figure it out. I'm to the point where I just chip out of the bunkers.

Also, I have started moving my distance meter 2 feet in from where it starts on all putts. Seems to help with the ball shooting so far past the hole if you miss. That is, unless it is somewhat down hill, then it is gone. I don't feel the greens are as ridiculous as 2019, but I don't think they are as good as 2k21.
I hope they fix it as it defaults you to the splash shot automatically when you’re in the sand trap. I gave up and have been using the Flop instead, the trick is judging the proper distance to the pin. Now, chip works fine if it’s pretty leveled compared to the flag, but does it work as well on deep sand?

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

I am playing on Xbox One S and yes I know I'm still using old system but game playing much better for me after patch and putting Xbox controller on. The splash shot is tough but I'm getting fewer times that I am leaving ball on the trap. I got into a playoff in 5th Khorn Ferry event which was cool but hooked my tee shot and Boggie cost me event but cool to actually have playoff. I see a big issue with the balls as they will probably have to lock the default ball on all Society events as just to much of an advantage to use a friction type ball and will lead to really low scores and I have decided to just stick with the default ball. I think we will see a lot of patches and updates in the coming months as there are issues with this game but nothing that can't be fixed and I like that the game is harder but the ball issue will have to be resolved quick and as a Society all should lock to default ball till 2K does it. It doesn't matter in career but it does in society.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

That course today was a little ridiculous at least for me. Hope we play some more traditional courses.

Also if we are going to do a change of pace for a day those putting only courses are fun as hell.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:44 pm
That course today was a little ridiculous at least for me. Hope we play some more traditional courses.
The lesson I've learned so far with course conditions in 2K23 is that anything above medium speed and medium firmness produces unrealistic results. The Hogan's Point tournament today was set at soft and slow, and I thought it played a whole lot better. Even though the greens were classified as soft and slow, they played more like I think medium and medium should play. I'll be surprised if HB Studios doesn't recognize the need for a patch to green speeds. I had way too many downhill putts at Royal Melbourne that barely slithered past the hole, only to roll all the way off the bottom. The USGA or PGA would never approve of pin placements and green speeds of that degree.

I think until HB does something with this, it would be best to keep the green speeds and firmness at medium or lower. How does that sound to everyone?
Also if we are going to do a change of pace for a day those putting only courses are fun as hell.
Good idea... lets do it. I'll set one up for Thursday, if we've got a decent putting course available to us in 2K23. I'd imagine we do.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:06 pm
I am playing on Xbox One S and yes I know I'm still using old system but game playing much better for me after patch and putting Xbox controller on. The splash shot is tough but I'm getting fewer times that I am leaving ball on the trap. I got into a playoff in 5th Khorn Ferry event which was cool but hooked my tee shot and Boggie cost me event but cool to actually have playoff. I see a big issue with the balls as they will probably have to lock the default ball on all Society events as just to much of an advantage to use a friction type ball and will lead to really low scores and I have decided to just stick with the default ball. I think we will see a lot of patches and updates in the coming months as there are issues with this game but nothing that can't be fixed and I like that the game is harder but the ball issue will have to be resolved quick and as a Society all should lock to default ball till 2K does it. It doesn't matter in career but it does in society.
I haven't tried the friction ball, but I played a competitive round with someone's ghost player who was using one in the Official 2K Society. He would slam his putts at speeds that were well in advance of what I was rolling them, but it was like they had brakes on them when they got 6" past the hole... totally unnatural!?

I'm curious, did any new choices get added to the XBox One X graphics menu within the game with last Friday's patch? Come to think of it, there wasn't even a "Graphics" sub-menu in the standard version of the game when I tried it on my XBox One X on Tuesday of last week. Is there even a graphics menu there now?

I'm good with playing the default ball, but only at medium/medium firmness/green speed, or less.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

Not sure about the X as I play on the Xbox One S and probably going to buy the new console in the near future. As for the ball I have only played wit the default and thought about going to another ball yesterday but changed my mind. It appears to be a major advantage but every video I am seeing discussing the ball says they believe 2K is going to lock the default ball in place for societies soon and the society can do it now. Either way they have to calm the default ball down as it rolls forever and that friction ball has to be a huge advantage. In yesterday's event I had to have three miles of roll on the greens alone. Lol. This game is not at all like 2K21 as you can lose a round real quick and my scoring is showing it and this fitting of the club is a work in progress and I worry the first time player to the game is getting so confused by that and so discouraged by their play that they will just quit playing. This game is brutal on Pro let alone Master and Legend and the cost of equipment is crazy. My real golf game is easier than this. Lol.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I've had the meter off since day 1 and it didnt fix my issues. My guy immediately goes into overswing within half a second of moving the stick. Today even though my right arm is in a sling thanks to shgoulder surgery I switched the graphics to performance and my guys swing is much better. I can have a shot at taking half swings, interestingly enough its made putting harder.

With that said with graphics on I got maybe 2 perfect swing a round and the rest fast or very fast. with performance I get maybe 5 perfects a round, a few sloiws which i never got and the rest fast.

someone mention cross play is coming? If so i might try the PC version,
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I also turned off the swing meter after one round. I find that I do better without it.

I should add this note for those of you who are interested in 3-click control. I opened up the input options to allow it's use during this exhibition week if you want to try it. It's difficulty will also be set to Pro.

I haven't even tried 3-click yet, so I have no idea how it would stack up.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Well, for me meter or not after 2 weeks since its release, I have yet to register a “Perfect” swing. 80% are fast and the rest slow. Of course being out of town doesn’t help but even at full speed cnx when at home I can’t get a Perfect swing.

Can’t win my latest challenges with the Pros either in my career, sometimes I wonder if all these perks are just cosmetics or does it really help your clubs other the afore mentioned friction ball.

I am enjoying the game still, but once we officially all switch to a Master swing, I fear where my game will be.

johnnypark
Mario Mendoza

Post by johnnypark »

After the front nine of today's course I was -3. Then my swing went to s*** somehow. Finished +4.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

johnnypark wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:32 am
After the front nine of today's course I was -3. Then my swing went to s*** somehow. Finished +4.
That's the nature of this game... I'm finding that I have more frequent mass blowups in 2K23 than I did in 2K21. I tend to hook the ball more often and more severely in 2K23. Most of my missed fairways are down to fast to very fast tempos. It doesn't seem like I leak to the right as badly on slows. I'm showing 60.5% FIRs and 61.2% GIRs so far. The problem with my GIRs is that at least half of them leave me with 35 foot putts, or longer. Those result in way too many 3-putts and occasionally 4-putts the way I'm running putts by.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I got the PC version, save your money because even if it looks new it plays identical to 21.

Granted my entire right arm is in a body sling after rotator cuff surgery but I'm of the opinion 21 was a better game and the only thing they improved on was microtransactions. I'm goimg to try 3 click method to try and find some enjoyment out of this game.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:23 pm
I got the PC version, save your money because even if it looks new it plays identical to 21.

Granted my entire right arm is in a body sling after rotator cuff surgery but I'm of the opinion 21 was a better game and the only thing they improved on was microtransactions. I'm goimg to try 3 click method to try and find some enjoyment out of this game.
I tried the 3-click swing today and the explanation for how it's supposed to work is pretty lacking. I spent 10 minutes on the practice range before I got a drive to go past 125 yards, and I wasn't sure what I did then. Then I realized you have to click the meter at 12 o-clock top, right after you've set the swing power based on how long you held the button down, then you have to click it again at 6 o-clock. It's tough to pull it off because even in Pro difficulty, the meter moves blindingly fast. I would have to feel more comfortable with it before I tried to execute the short game with it. It just feels so different than any other click interface I've used.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I really like the 3 click as an alternative. Once you get the rhythm of the meter you can really enjoy the round. With the 3 click you get to watch your entire swing and ball strike unlike the stick swing where you need to stay focused on the swing all the way thru contact. You can make it as challenging as you want. Pro 3 click is challenging but Pro AM is a huge step up. Masters and Legend are almost a waste of time.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:46 am
I really like the 3 click as an alternative. Once you get the rhythm of the meter you can really enjoy the round. With the 3 click you get to watch your entire swing and ball strike unlike the stick swing where you need to stay focused on the swing all the way thru contact. You can make it as challenging as you want. Pro 3 click is challenging but Pro AM is a huge step up. Masters and Legend are almost a waste of time.
I'll give it a go with Pro-Am difficulty then. At Pro I found the pace of the meter was beyond my reflexes.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:17 am
Diablo25 wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:46 am
I'll give it a go with Pro-Am difficulty then. At Pro I found the pace of the meter was beyond my reflexes.
I meant Pro Am is a bit easier not a “step up”
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

3 click was kind of cool and not easy at higher difficulty levels. One thing i noticed is bad shots with the 3 click are not nearly as severe as the swing stick.
Follow Me on: