PGA Tour 2K23

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Re: PGA Tour 2K23

Post by Greensboronclion »

MUTTS wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 3:28 pm
Joined today.....+2 for first round at Quail Hollow.

5 birdies on the front and yet I could only muster 1 under through 9. A four putt 6 on 13 was ugly too. 7 birdies and 5 pats yet +2. Yikes.

I'm a three click guy--is that legal for this group?

Tony
Welcome Mutts and good shooting at the 3 rounder this weekend. Play anyway you wish as its a game and we welcome all.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

What happened to this weekends 4 round tournament? I got one round in and now I can't complete it?

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 7:31 am
What happened to this weekends 4 round tournament? I got one round in and now I can't complete it?
I won :lol:

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

It was mistakenly set to one day.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Let's have a one day shootout at Oak Hill Tomorrow.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 6:00 pm
Let's have a one day shootout at Oak Hill Tomorrow.
That would have been fun... I hate I missed seeing this message. Maybe we ought to give it shot in the future on a day and time that suits everyone interested!

After my last two rounds I don't need to be in a shootout with anyone. In the final round of our weekend tournament this past week, I hit my opening tee shot 48 yards!? It was the most pitiful drive I've ever hit in this game. I didn't even make it to the women's tee!? 8O I'm finding that the more I play the PC version, where I play it in 1440p and a solid 60 FPS, the more difficult it is for me to adapt the the XBox version. I just seem to get such a more consistent controller response on the PC version. My average score is seven shots less on the PC versus the XBox Series X, and I NEVER get these totally off scale tempo errors I get on the XBox version.

Has anyone else who plays the Series X version also played the game on a PC that's capable of running the game at a solid 60 FPS, observing this same phenomenon?

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

after a few months of playing EA PGA Exclusively, ive come back to this game. And it feels like home.

I know the graphics in EA's game are superior but the graphics in 2K's game are more lively. It actually feels more organic and more like a video game in 2K.

Also the best thing about 2k is the customization even in single player mode. So much better than what you can customize in EA. And the fact that in 2k I can shoot a round of 18 in 10 min!

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

For those of you that have battled swing tempo issues on this game, were you running the game in quick resume? I always quit out of my games from the home menu and I have never really had the issues that some have mentioned. However, tonight I went to play our society round and noticed that I did not quit the previous time I played. I just went with it and re-established connection. As I played the round, I had 5 or 6 shots that were way fast, which I never had before. You could tell something was off. I just wandered if the people that have had multiple issues never quit or stopped the game.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I think the auto resume issue has been in the last 2 versions of the game. I also quit out to the home screen in not only thins but EA FC too.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

I always quit and restarted system then went back into game. I have not had that issue since Xbox went to restart every time you turned the machine on. Trust me I know it can just completely throw your swing off.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

We just recently started what will be what I believe will be our 5th season in the DSP PGA 2K23 XBox Society and have a couple of new members I'd like to introduce. There are in the registration process right now and should be appearing soon. Please welcome CowboyHippie425 and bogeymanken to the forum and to our Society. We've been having anywhere from 4 to 8 players here recently and it's enough to make it worthwhile. We cover a pretty wide scoring range so I think anyone can find someone they feel competitive with. I'm still enjoying playing the game, and I think our Society aspect of it gives it enough personality to keep the game feeling special.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Still enjoy getting a nice beverage after the kids go to bed and playing the daily round. I"ve lost my way off the tee box the last few weeks though.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Welcome to both the new players and the more the better. Thanks again JC for all you do to setup and admin this society.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

fsquid wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:01 pm
Still enjoy getting a nice beverage after the kids go to bed and playing the daily round. I"ve lost my way off the tee box the last few weeks though.
Now that I'm retired I've found that I like playing this game between like 8:30 to 10:00 AM. I just feel primed to play it then. I didn't play until 10:00 PM tonight and felt like I was pushing myself through it rather than enjoying the ride. My round had moments, but I just don't feel the environment as much at night.... it's a sign I'm getting old I guess. :lol:

Talk about losing your way off the tee box fsquid... at Torrey Pines during our tournament a few weeks back, I opened up the second round with a 54 yard drive!? It was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. The ball never got above waist high, but it was mostly straight. I later had a similar thing happen on hole 10, and the drive went 104 yards, after climbing to maybe 7 feet at its apex. The first hole was off the scale fast, while the one on #10 was off the scale slow. There was some evidence of lagging, but nothing that felt it would produce shots of those two extremes.

My tempo control problems have been pretty consistent over the last seven or eight months. Pitch shots are the worst for me on tempo, especially when I have to hit a modulated pitch. I now play not to leave myself an approach in the 40 to 60 yard range.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:42 pm
Welcome to both the new players and the more the better. Thanks again JC for all you do to setup and admin this society.
I still enjoy it... I kind of like scouting out and discovering courses. I also like playing what feels like a Saturday outing at the local course with a group of friends for a friendly tournament. I always play with two or three other players in my group, in asynchronous play, to give me a feel of how others are playing. Sometimes I'm the first out of the gate, but it seems to be rare since I mostly wait until the next morning to play my rounds. I think it's cool that we've had some sort of DSP tournament play going since Tiger Wood PGA Tour 2003. I'll stay with it as long as I have the urge to play it.