PGA Tour 2K23

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA Tour 2K23

Post by James_E »

Got my round in yesterday. Did well on the front 9.. kinda blew it on the back.

No-meter (except for putting) stick swing is what I'm using and I get multiple "perfect" shots per round. I did notice some lagginess to the swing a few times yesterday though. First time I've seen that.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Today's round didn't have a meter for putting - I'm assume that was a setting special for today? I kind of enjoyed it!!

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I don't recall having a putting meter in any that I have played. Or is that up to the user because I always have it turned off?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:04 pm
Today's round didn't have a meter for putting - I'm assume that was a setting special for today? I kind of enjoyed it!!
I thought I had the control meters set to "Open", meaning you could use them or not use them. I think it depends on what you've got set in your player profile? I know I've got all distance control meters turned off in my player profile, as I find my game suffers when I try to use them.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:56 pm
I don't recall having a putting meter in any that I have played. Or is that up to the user because I always have it turned off?
I've got it set to "Open" so whatever you've got set in your profile is what you should see. I do better without them so I turn them off.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I have regular meter off and putting on but during the tourney they were both off.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:31 pm
I have regular meter off and putting on but during the tourney they were both off.
Yep, same here.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I think I've hit 10 perfect tempo shots since the game released. Either I have some delay in the control or I suck. Probably the latter. Will stick with it as I like playing the video golf with some music in the background.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I set up a new season yesterday at 8:30 PM EDT. I set the distance control meter to "Open" for the Society settings, which in theory should allow you to set up with swing meters for however you've got them set in your player profile preferences. The Distance Control Meter options are: ON (always), Putting Only, Percentage Only, Off, and Open. Currently, the Society Default is "Open".

I did realize I made a mistake on the downswing timing. I had it set to "OFF", instead of "ON", thus the phenomenal scores posted at Charleston. I've now fixed that. :oops:

Let me know if you can't get the distance control meter to show you desired settings.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Games a lot easier when there is no timing requirement, lol. Everyone under par today. Little too easy.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:49 pm
Games a lot easier when there is no timing requirement, lol. Everyone under par today. Little too easy.
I knew something was amiss when I hit the first three fairways and greens in regulation. It was a little too easy as it felt like it was on rails. I would like to try Master and Legend swing difficulty with the downswing timing off, just to see how that compares. I'll do that in a couple of casual rounds.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

no one is going to convince me there is a solid control scheme baked into this game. I was a right stick swing guy and no matter how long i delayed at the transition i would always get fast or very fast results. In theory unless i dont understand the mechanics if one were to pause for say 2 seconds before starting the downswing you should get a very slow right? Well that doesnt happen ever.

Because my right shoulder is in a sling I switched to left stick and now my results are always slow and very slow. I can promise you there is no difference in my thgumb action. this is on a stock controller. I just see no way this is working like it should.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

fsquid wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:27 am
I think I've hit 10 perfect tempo shots since the game released. Either I have some delay in the control or I suck. Probably the latter. Will stick with it as I like playing the video golf with some music in the background.
I'm NOT saying this is your issue, but after picking the Rhythm archetype and focusing on the club fittings that improve timing and swing path, I'm hitting WAY more perfect shots than the first week.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

I never get a perfect swing as I have seen a few but no more than that. I use the left stick an get more fast than anything and seem to have Natural draw when playing and if slow shows up well that leaves me usually in right rough. I think the putting is easier in this game but I don't use any meters as it screws my swing timing and prefer the feedback vibration. Today's course was a little easy in my opion as I gave the good Major a run but man he is tough. I have yet to apply any fittings as one I wouldn't no where to start and second I am just trying to stash VC for down the line. I did by the Clubhouse pass for 9.99 and am on level 21 and some nice clubs and cloths but they are just for show as unless you fit them they are no different than default.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:21 pm
Today's course was a little easy in my opion as I gave the good Major a run but man he is tough.
Yep, he's the rabbit in our society for sure!!

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:09 am
fsquid wrote:
I'm NOT saying this is your issue, but after picking the Rhythm archetype and focusing on the club fittings that improve timing and swing path, I'm hitting WAY more perfect shots than the first week.
I'll take a look at that.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

fsquid wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:36 am
Leadfoot5 wrote:
fsquid wrote:
Also, swing calibration is still in the game in the training mode. Worth a try if you haven't done that yet.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

JOZ wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:32 am
fsquid wrote:
Leadfoot5 wrote:

Also, swing calibration is still in the game in the training mode. Worth a try if you haven't done that yet.
Now, there’s a good topic on that issue. I personally calibrated my controller which I just broke down yesterday after too much Fifa and Hockey combined, (I thought they make them sturdier these days, it only lasts about 3 months for me). I follow “Respawn Sports” on YT and he just came with an interesting theory.

Not saying that people should not go that venue but if you haven’t take a look at the video and make your own decision. BTW, good scoring on you man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwDLU7r8bbQ&t=161s

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
fsquid wrote:
Just looked and I am on rhythm!

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

10spro wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:06 pm
JOZ wrote:
fsquid wrote:

Now, there’s a good topic on that issue. I personally calibrated my controller which I just broke down yesterday after too much Fifa and Hockey combined, (I thought they make them sturdier these days, it only lasts about 3 months for me). I follow “Respawn Sports” on YT and he just came with an interesting theory.

Not saying that people should not go that venue but if you haven’t take a look at the video and make your own decision. BTW, good scoring on you man.

Thanks 10s

I calibrated once and I didn't really notice much. I didn't feel I needed to, but did anyway just because I saw it :) But I figure it's worth a try if you are struggling.

johnnypark
Mario Mendoza

Post by johnnypark »

Are we all just playing for second place?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

johnnypark wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:00 pm
Yes, basically.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

johnnypark wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:00 pm
If you've never played a round with the Major's ghost, I urge you to do so. His putting is phenomenal. It's a show worth watching for sure.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I'd be curious to get you guy's thoughts on the version of Pebble Beach we played yesterday. I'm not sure who did this one, but I thought it was pretty authentic looking. I enjoyed playing it even though I had a seven birdie 76!? I find it so easy to blow up and make a big score just about once per round, and it usually involves a greenside bunker shot of 13 to 20 yards.

I set this weekend's 72 holer at the site of the PGA's event at Port Royal GC. The PGA TOUR event is scheduled for that course this week, so in keeping with our tradition of playing the PGA TOUR stop on week's they're played when we have a decent rendition of the course available. I played the first 3 holes of this one and it looks like it's a good port of the same course designer's version he submitted in 2K21. I hope the course holds up for repeated rounds.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:06 pm
JOZ wrote:
fsquid wrote:

I'll do this if anyone can tell or show me how you can consistently get 5 fast and 5 slows because I've done the same identical swing and gotten different results. I can't consistently hit fast shots, if I could that would be fine. If people are actually able to do this then I am completly missing something about this game.

So can anyone purposely get say 5 very fast swings?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation