FIFA 23

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

FIFA 23

Post by sportdan30 »

Anyone get any time in with the EA trial yesterday? Only played one match, but had a good time with it. I still can't defend worth a crap. Nice to see that there is more penalties called. Is it me or do the stadiums seem smaller and more intimate? Maybe that's what the developers were going for...or maybe it's I haven't played a FIFA game in over a year.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: FIFA 23

Post by dbdynsty25 »

They slowed the game down considerably, but overall it's a great update. Way more weight to the players, better physics and a lot more variety and the ball doesn't stick to the players as much as before. It's a good addition to the franchise and I've been playing hundreds of games a year in FUT.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

how are graphics like? I remember ppl saying 21 had better graphics than 22. How does 23 compare to both?

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I'm having huge issues defending in the box and the over the top through ball is still way overpowered.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I’ve been playing FUT for over 30 years and I always mention that how on enjoys FIFA depends on the mode and style of play that you enjoy. Every mode in there, including career offers a different style of gameplay.

I am mainly an online player. If I am offline, I try Squad mode which lets you practice and observe different players while practicing your skills as you head online. There’s some nice improvements in terms of how one tries to control the tempo of a game this year and of course it all depends on the level of difficulty you play. I am a World class level player, so my observations are based on this category.

Offline, things have been slowed down a notch so that you can build your plays more.

Online is a different story, it is a grind, not as muddy as the offline gameplay offers currently but then again you’re playing with Sugar daddy’ $$$ teams where skills and pace are KING. You depend a lot also on good servers.

It is a tough grind online, but I am used to it. I find great pleasure playing footie with these kids, where most of their teams on paper at least should get a W, but not so when you have a good tactic and patience in the box.

Yes, defending is always tough, just gotta stay patient and read the opponents play ahead if you can.

All this won’t matter much in a month or so, when EA starts changing the game with updates and as players get better cards and so on.

But if you’re a casual footie player, grab your trial, it’s not as arcadey as years past offline but more on the simulation side.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I’ve read they have Moments now in FUT like MLB the show. That sounds good as I like fut offline. Anyone try it?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:31 pm
I’ve read they have Moments now in FUT like MLB the show. That sounds good as I like fut offline. Anyone try it?
I’m an offline FUT guy. Squad Battles mostly. Moments is a nice little addition but it’s too short. Not a lot of content there currently. Hopefully they keep evolving it. It’s got potential.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Downloaded it but it’s not working.

Saying some error about ea login.

This is on gamepass ultimate.

Fifa 22 works fine.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

got it to work and ya it' ok. Gameplay wise its a bit slower than 22 .

The graphics do look a little improved. I only played night games and the colors seemed more vibrant than last years game.

The moments thing in FUT seems pretty cool. I just did the foundation one and I liked it.

Not sure if I will buy it or not. I will see how Moments progresses over these few months. I use to play offline seasons in FUT before they ended it like 5 years ago. I just did online FUT last year and it was fun.

The EA games go down in price around Thanksgiving so I got a couple months to decide. The Fifa games go on Gamepass April/May so I may get it to play for 6 mo.

I forgot there is WC this year. Is ea going to release a diff game or will it be an add on for FIFA23? If it's an add on i'll def get it then when it's on discount.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Not really feeling this game. I prefer the gameplay last year. Maybe I just need more time to learn how to play.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I saw i downloaded the xbox one version instead of the xbox series x version.

I tried the World Cup add on and it's pretty bare bones. But the online mode is pretty fun and it seems like the people playing on this mode are skilled to my level.

fun stuff.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Lancer wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:32 pm
I saw i downloaded the xbox one version instead of the xbox series x version.

I tried the World Cup add on and it's pretty bare bones. But the online mode is pretty fun and it seems like the people playing on this mode are skilled to my level.

fun stuff.
And that’s what I meant when people asks how does this Fifa play every year. Every mode is different with a different gameplay. Online is definitely more skilled. And fun and sweaty for me.

In FUT mode that’s where EA makes their cash because the gameplay changes pretty much every time they patch something or a particular player gets their stats updated because the meta of the game changes.

Having said, I would keep experimenting which version of the xbox works for you better. Last year, I wished I had the older version because the Series X was just crappy. I am hearing they improved the newer version for 23 but I wouldn’t delete the old version yet until you can absolutely see the differences.