Amazon acquiring EA

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Amazon acquiring EA

Post by sportdan30 »

8O

Ugh.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Amazon acquiring EA

Post by Sudz »

Curious to know everyone's take on this.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I would imagine EA Play would be free to Amazon Prime members.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Now it's looking like it's not happening after all.

*Walter Bloomberg
@DeItaone
AMAZON NOT EXPECTED TO MAKE BID FOR EA - CNBC CITING SOURCES
$EA

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I had heard rumors for the last 5-8 yrs about Amazon getting into the gaming industry. It would be perfect for them.

Think if they made their own console to compete vs Sony and MS. And if they gave that console out for 'free' if you had an Amazon Prime membership. If there's one company that can afford to do that it's Amazon. Then put all EA titles just on their one console - or at least exclusive for the first year.

Sony / MS would be in trouble if Amazon offered a console included in a prime membership vs paying $500+ for theirs.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Lancer wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:47 am
I had heard rumors for the last 5-8 yrs about Amazon getting into the gaming industry. It would be perfect for them.

Think if they made their own console to compete vs Sony and MS. And if they gave that console out for 'free' if you had an Amazon Prime membership. If there's one company that can afford to do that it's Amazon. Then put all EA titles just on their one console - or at least exclusive for the first year.

Sony / MS would be in trouble if Amazon offered a console included in a prime membership vs paying $500+ for theirs.
EA, doesn't have the pull or leverage it once did in the industry. How many sports titles does EA now offer? You have Madden, NHL, Golf and FIFA soon to be EA Sports FC or whatever they plan on calling it. The rest of their IP's have lost their shine. Need For Speed has been run into the ground which reports say that's what they did to Bioware. They still put out some nice games and new IP's but nothing earth shattering.

If they took their Sports titles to Amazon, I am pretty sure the FTC would jump on that once Microsoft and Sony were stopped from building their own NFL game. Because you can count on MS and Sony talking to the NFL about being included in the NFL license. If they are turned down, they can claim monopoly by EA and Amazon wrt to NFL games. I don't see that deal happening tbh.