War Thunder Thoughts?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

War Thunder Thoughts?

Post by Lancer »

I was looking for some flying games to play w/ the HOTAS ONE.

Saw War Thunder and had tried this some years back, but it only had tanks. Now I see it has WW2 flyers!

I tried it out and I have no idea what I'm doing. The controls of flying and shooting are super difficult.

I know its a game you have to pay to get good planes but I just want to get the basics down.

Any thoughts or impressions on this one? Yes it's FREE but i'm looking for some fun flying and shooting.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: War Thunder Thoughts?

Post by J_Cauthen »

For some reason, I've never tried War Thunder. I've seen some screen shots from it and it looks really good. I'm not very good with flying planes of any description. Flying a Cessna in MSFS is almost more than I can handle. I doubt I'd hold long with a fighter jet in War Thunder. The tanks would be where I'd cut my teeth. Have you tried those?

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I played War Thunder a little in its early days, like 2013ish, and it was actually only planes then. The game was initially called World of Planes. I think I mostly played with a mouse and keyboard, and steering the plane was arcadey enough that such a setup was fine. For me it was a fun, light, online dogfight game.

I have no idea what it's like to play now, or with a HOTAS, but I'd be surprised to hear if they made flying with a mouse and keyboard dramatically more difficult. Maybe I was just playing arcade battles---I don't really recall.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

so they have an enhanced version for next gen. It really looks amazing graphically.

it is hard as hell so far. I did the tanks many years ago and it was ok. I do like planes but it's really hard to shoot anyone down because the axis aim is hard to get on the other plane's sights.

I like the entire WW2 theater in the game. From Europe to Japan. They also added other battles from other wars like Korea.

I even tried the offline modes and they were hard as well as well.

It's free to play so not going to lose anything if I end up deleting it. I'd love to figure it out but it just may be too hard of a game for me.