Madden 23

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 23

Post by Lancer »

I decided to keep the game. I am having fun just playing games from the weekend. MUT is total trash. I should have waited for the discounted price later in Oct. I m a graphics whore so that is another reason I kept it. The next gen graphics are really great to look at sometimes. And those cool cincy bengals uniforms are great.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I've been playing the hell out of it in online h2h games.

Once the connected franchise issues get patched I'll move over and give that mode a shot. Never been a big fan of MUT so personally I'm glad that is trash. The online H2H games have been a good mix of strategic games of figuring out what the other guy is doing and how to counter. Sure, there's the occasional super cheesy player, but overall it's not been nearly as bad as years past for some reason. Maybe they're mostly playing MUT?? Anyway, for the most part I find that the gameplay online is really solid. The biggest drawback is that I find myself playing against the Eagles and Chargers a lot more than any other teams.
GT = Wilk5280

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

What a disaster release for those who just want to play a CFM. I spent an hour or so getting everything setup the other night, played my first preseason game and it crashed back to the XSX dashboard.

Like most Madden releases the past 4-5 years, it's going to be several patches before it's playable... if it ever will be.

Thankfully I'm still chugging along with M21.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

For those who care a patch dropped yesterday which fixed a lot with gameplay like the INT's and definitely made the sliders work.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I've lost any desire I had for this game and I'm done buying Madden until people I trust give it rave reviews.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

ended up selling it. it is a game only for MUT. Franchise too many bugs. I won't get fooled next year and not even try the trial. I only did this year because someone here posted about it.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Lancer wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:13 pm
ended up selling it. it is a game only for MUT. Franchise too many bugs. I won't get fooled next year and not even try the trial. I only did this year because someone here posted about it.
Ran one franchise for 5 years before it went buggy as f***. Fired up a second and it made it to the next draft before it failed to load properly.

I should just taze myself in the balls instead.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I liked the Play Now mode with the current week but I wondered why it never moved on from Week 1. So it's broken and itll take them weeks go fix. what a joke.

https://www.operationsports.com/madden- ... l-week-10/

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I fired it up and played a game and at least the INT issues are fixed.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:08 am
I fired it up and played a game and at least the INT issues are fixed.
i dont think it was a int issue. i liked the gameplay like that. you had to be precise and time the pass right for not to get picked. it added a layer of difficulty that madden games don't have.

I guess so many ppl felt it was too difficult so they took it out.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Lancer wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:52 pm

i dont think it was a int issue. i liked the gameplay like that. you had to be precise and time the pass right for not to get picked. it added a layer of difficulty that madden games don't have.

There were too many tipped INTs as well as the CPU throwing a ton of INTs. It's night and day to me and although I still have to be precise or I'll be picked, but it's much more in line with normal pick rates. I play on default AM so it might be different on other settings.

M21 is still my favorite but after many seasons, I'm bored with it.

I am seeing some penalties, even DPI... and tonight for the first time ever in a Madden game for me, there was an OPI called. 8O

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

MizzouRah wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:06 am
Lancer wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:52 pm

There were too many tipped INTs as well as the CPU throwing a ton of INTs. It's night and day to me and although I still have to be precise or I'll be picked, but it's much more in line with normal pick rates. I play on default AM so it might be different on other settings.

M21 is still my favorite but after many seasons, I'm bored with it.

I am seeing some penalties, even DPI... and tonight for the first time ever in a Madden game for me, there was an OPI called. 8O
what do you like about M21? I didnt even bother playing it.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Lancer wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:16 pm

what do you like about M21? I didnt even bother playing it.
First on M23.. played a full season with the Commanders, started getting kicked off in the offseason and then part of the way through the draft, was getting disconnected and it would go back to the first round. Finally finished the draft and at the first preseason game, it put me back at round 4 of the draft. It kept doing this over and over and it's hosed.

M21 NG is just a great on the field game, no momentum meter, no bells and whistles, just plays a fun game of football. The CPU drafts for need, penalties are called and the further you get away from the initial roster, it gets even better. (less is more)