Elden Ring

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Elden Ring

Post by Sudz »

Sudz wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:31 pm
Danimal wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:18 pm
I get so mad at this game because it is just unfair at times and I turn it off and then go back an hour later. My wife is on her PC behind me laughing.

I was clearing out some ruins, a ton of soldiers and some other creature (wish their was an in game beastiary) and I got 3 to kill this one guy near a cliff face and some Giant Bear bursts out of the wall or ground, honestly I don't know because I was dead 15 second later.

Or I find this thing in the ground and it says enter xyz and I know I shouldn't but do anyway and some demon kills me.

This is the grindiest game ever but I keep coming back. I also just read it will work on my steam deck if it ever gets here. Ut-oh
I still haven't figured out how to upgrade my weapons!
I read a bit on character choice and started over with a different starting build. The vagabond. Been much easier to progress now.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Sudz wrote:
You find smithing stones all over. You use some of those to upgrade your weapon to +1 and +2, I think. Then you find higher level smithing stones to go +3, +4, +5, +10, etc. Past the first couple of upgrades, you have to use the Blacksmith in roundtable hold. But in general, find smithing stones, upgrade weapon at an anvil or the blacksmith.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TCrouch wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:56 pm
Sudz wrote:
You find smithing stones all over. You use some of those to upgrade your weapon to +1 and +2, I think. Then you find higher level smithing stones to go +3, +4, +5, +10, etc. Past the first couple of upgrades, you have to use the Blacksmith in roundtable hold. But in general, find smithing stones, upgrade weapon at an anvil or the blacksmith.

Upgrading your weapon is far more important than your starting class or even levelling a few character levels. Your starting class wont matter at all as you progress through the game. You can go in any direction you want and plus there will be be opportunity to respec your stats.

As far as leveling your dude. This is how I do it as a melee guy. Vigor (HP) then your weapons scaling stat(s) for damage and then endurance( stamina and equipment load) should be prioritized in that order. I dont do very much magic. I may respec for some for utility.

I just cannot stop playing this game. Im now over 125 hours in and due to recent game world events I am pretty sure Im in the endgame. Barring an extra difficult cock blocking game boss I should be finishing up my first play through over the weekend or by the end of next week.

I am ahead of myself and hopefully not jinxing anything but this game like all previous souls games is screaming for another play through. So much larger than previous games. So massive. Even though I double back all the time I m pretty sure I have missed a lot of stuff. Off the top of my head I can think of a few catacombs, caves, areas, dragons and other side bosses I went past.

Top 5 all time.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

XXXIV wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:33 pm
TCrouch wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:56 pm
Sudz wrote:

Upgrading your weapon is far more important than your starting class or even levelling a few character levels. Your starting class wont matter at all as you progress through the game. You can go in any direction you want and plus there will be be opportunity to respec your stats.

As far as leveling your dude. This is how I do it as a melee guy. Vigor (HP) then your weapons scaling stat(s) for damage and then endurance( stamina and equipment load) should be prioritized in that order. I dont do very much magic. I may respec for some for utility.

I just cannot stop playing this game. Im now over 125 hours in and due to recent game world events I am pretty sure Im in the endgame. Barring an extra difficult cock blocking game boss I should be finishing up my first play through over the weekend or by the end of next week.

I am ahead of myself and hopefully not jinxing anything but this game like all previous souls games is screaming for another play through. So much larger than previous games. So massive. Even though I double back all the time I m pretty sure I have missed a lot of stuff. Off the top of my head I can think of a few catacombs, caves, areas, dragons and other side bosses I went past.

Top 5 all time.
Thanks for the help. Leveling but still struggling with any bosses right now. Need to grind a bit more, I guess.