MLB The Show 22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB The Show 22

Post by Lancer »

Zlax45 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:50 am
Just played an exhibition game as It unlocked on Gamepass.

The gameplay was more of the same so nothing to complain about there.

The play by play on "hybrid" was dreadful and made the game extremely boring. He barely was talking and it just wasn't as polished as last year in my opinion.
100 percent agree.

It's more of the same. At least last year I was working from home and it was a nice escape from COVID. And I could fit in a game while I was in a meeting.

Tonight just didnt feel like I want to do that grind all again this year.

BTW - the 22 menus aren't as easy to follow as 21s. I guess they are sort of the same but I just like how they were presented in 21 over 22. At least in 21, I knew what I had to do to get a reward. In 22, it's like too much information overload.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

If anyone is on their 2nd year (or more) in a row of the game you likely won't really notice much difference. It's always been that way...it's definitely an iterative game that you're really only buying the fancy new stadiums/team names/rosters each year. It's by far the most worthless year to year upgrade.

I barely played last year's version so this feels quite a bit fresher to me, plus I HAD to get the new version since it now allows cloud/cross platform saves. It being on the Switch for the first time has me hyped. The cross platform stuff works well and its pretty intuitive. Speaking of the Switch - I'm actually shocked at how well it plays. Yeah the resolution is scaled back, you get some choppiness here and there, but overall it's a fantastic port that will work well when traveling or just sitting out at a soccer practice or something. I am sticking with Pulse Pitching and Timed hitting on the Switch version just because it's really difficult to see the meters and batting aim icon on the tiny screen (and me being old). I only will play the Switch version on my Switch Lite so not really worried about the 720p visuals in docked mode.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I actually like the new commentary. I didn't play on hybrid, so I don't know about that. I play broadcast, because I can always skip what I want to with a button press.

New play by play guy sounds a little like Joe Buck.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Im liking the new commentary more I play.

Go to GAMEPASS Perks and you can get 10 Free MLB THE SHOW 22 Packs.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The new commentary is MUCH needed. As good a broadcaster as Matt V is his pbp in the Show was stale and a new voice was needed. The game is solid and continues to be the best sports game (IMO) on the market.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I didn't play 21 much at all and I'm wowed by 22.

Just playing dynamic difficulty/timing hitting/pinpoint pitching/auto base running/button fielding

Lost 4-1 to the Royals in my first exhibition game with the Cardinals. Not sure if I want to start a franchise playing random games or MTO which puts you into different games in progress.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

MizzouRah wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:41 pm
I didn't play 21 much at all and I'm wowed by 22.

Just playing dynamic difficulty/timing hitting/pinpoint pitching/auto base running/button fielding

Lost 4-1 to the Royals in my first exhibition game with the Cardinals. Not sure if I want to start a franchise playing random games or MTO which puts you into different games in progress.
MTO is fun. And fairly quicker than Franchise. You can also try Diamond Dynasty. You don't need to spend any money.

I sort of like this time in DD because nobody really has a stacked 99 team. I think I have low golds and silvers and it's been very hard to win.

Mini- seasons is new this year. 3 inning season games in DD. I am liking it.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Lancer wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:55 pm

MTO is fun. And fairly quicker than Franchise. You can also try Diamond Dynasty. You don't need to spend any money.

I sort of like this time in DD because nobody really has a stacked 99 team. I think I have low golds and silvers and it's been very hard to win.

Mini- seasons is new this year. 3 inning season games in DD. I am liking it.
I started an MTO tonight and it's a lot of fun. I did have the game lockup on me during a pop fly, I had to kill it and restart it. I hope this isn't something I'm going to see more of.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I played a few games of MTO tonight and wow....major fun and quick games to boot. I don't have the time or energy to play a franchise so this will be the perfect fit.

The hit variety is bonkers good.

A few quibbles...hard charging 3B fields a bunt running toward home and throws a dart while moving towards home to get a runner at 2B from a bunt with runners on 1B and 2B.

Bases loaded comebacker with two outs and the P throw home for the 3rd out. Hmmm. I am sure it will be patched.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I started a MTO also. They have added a number of improvements to the mode this year. More control over your team, multiple seasons (I believe), plus a few more. I want to try the mini season mode in DD also. RTTS has also been improved. They took away a lot of the online grind from last year so you don’t need to do online stuff to improve your player like last year. So far I am very pleased with this year’s game.
Last edited by Diablo25 on Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pigpen81 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:36 am
Bases loaded comebacker with two outs and the P throw home for the 3rd out. Hmmm. I am sure it will be patched.
Not exactly out of the question. It’s an easier throw sometimes, especially for my ten year olds lol.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I didn't really enjoy last years game, no idea why but for whatever reason I am blown away by this version. My wife walked in the room and said oh baseball is on. Took her a minute to realize it was a game.

Just now for giggle I tried the cloud version through GP on the PC and it played great. Graphics took a slight hit, likely for the streaming but the game was responsive and I enjoyed sitting close to the monitor as opposed to 10 feet away on my PC.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:50 pm
I didn't really enjoy last years game, no idea why but for whatever reason I am blown away by this version. My wife walked in the room and said oh baseball is on. Took her a minute to realize it was a game.

I’m playing this year’s version of the game WAY more than last year too. I was never much interested in playing Diamond Dynasty until this year due to the addition of more offline modes.

I’m got to try the streaming version of the game on my iPad after reading of your experience on the PC.

-MERACE

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

i played the s*** out of last years game.

I sort of am not as excited about 22. I don't like how they redid DD this year by taking out some of the ways to get cards for offline players. But I really like mini-seasons and may just end up playing that.

I played 21 on the cloud last year too and it was pretty good as an offline player. Never tried online but offline it played fine. Im sure 22 on the cloud must be fine as well.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

March to October is a fun offline mode also. Give it a try. You can get thru a season quickly. It usually throws you in a game in like the 6th or 7th inning with a goal/objective.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:12 pm
March to October is a fun offline mode also. Give it a try. You can get thru a season quickly. It usually throws you in a game in like the 6th or 7th inning with a goal/objective.
Ive played it previous years and it's one and done. but this year I see they've added the option to do multiple MTO seasons which is a great addition.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

22 is very bug ridden and sloppy for an MLBTS game.

Hope these guys fix all these issues soon.

This year reminds me more of a 2k or EA release.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:46 pm
22 is very bug ridden and sloppy for an MLBTS game.

Hope these guys fix all these issues soon.

This year reminds me more of a 2k or EA release.
I miss that opening bass line followed by the vinyl scratch from the funk/hip-hop tune on the San Diego Studios splash screen from The Show 21. Seriously.

Not a complaint -- just a sonic observation. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Diablo25 wrote:
How quickly? Can you make trades, sign FAs, etc?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sudz wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:52 am
Diablo25 wrote:
After finishing a game you gain momentum (or cool off). The next 3-5 games will be simulated and then you get thrown into another game. It could be a player lock situation or just finish off the last 3 innings. You can set lineups and do trades, etc. They added multiple seasons this year also. Give it a look. There will be a tutorial when you begin it and it will explain a lot.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Diablo25 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:05 pm
Sudz wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:52 am
Diablo25 wrote:
After finishing a game you gain momentum (or cool off). The next 3-5 games will be simulated and then you get thrown into another game. It could be a player lock situation or just finish off the last 3 innings. You can set lineups and do trades, etc. They added multiple seasons this year also. Give it a look. There will be a tutorial when you begin it and it will explain a lot.
Thanks! I've never given it a shot as I thought it was part of Diamond Dynasty.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Anyone following the s*** storm this week w this game?

So Sds allowed xb users to play at 120fps online but not PlayStation users online.

Ps players going nutso over this. Selling off their ps5s to go buy Xbx’s.

Sds trying to fix for ps5 but who knows.

https://forums.theshow.com/category/5/diamond-dynasty

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Lancer wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:35 pm

So Sds allowed xb users to play at 120fps online but not PlayStation users online.

Interesting. Gotta imagine they'll be able to increase the frame rate for the PS5 and VRR, but who knows. I'm playing on the Series X, but don't play online. I said to heck with it and started my franchise the day the game launched. I'm 18-11 with my Cardinals and am having a blast. Playing a game a day.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

sportdan30 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:54 am
Lancer wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:35 pm

Interesting. Gotta imagine they'll be able to increase the frame rate for the PS5 and VRR, but who knows. I'm playing on the Series X, but don't play online. I said to heck with it and started my franchise the day the game launched. I'm 18-11 with my Cardinals and am having a blast. Playing a game a day.
I started franchise after reading this. I usually try to play 1 game in a series. But I really like how they made it where if you sim a game, you get a chance to play late in the game in critical moments. It seems in 22 they made this occur more than previous years. At least for these simmed games you have some kind of input on the outcome but don't need to spend an hour playing.

And so far Franchise has been pretty fantastic when it comes to gameplay. I guess there is so much noise around DD that you forget this game plays baseball pretty good.