YouTube Tv and Disney

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

YouTube Tv and Disney

Post by sportdan30 »

Ugh…Negotiations have fallen through. A credit will be issued and price is now $49.99 a month. But,stations affected:

Your local ABC channel
ABC News Live
Disney Channel
Disney Junior
Disney XD
Freeform
FX
FXX
FXM
National Geographic
National Geographic Wild
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPN3 (by authentication to the ESPN app)
ESPNU
ESPNEWS
SEC Network
ACC Network

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: YouTube Tv and Disney

Post by dbdynsty25 »

And thus the beginning of YTTVs end has begun. I’m sure they will get em back soon but every week is a new negotiation and it’s getting annoying at this point.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:02 pm
And thus the beginning of YTTVs end has begun. I’m sure they will get em back soon but every week is a new negotiation and it’s getting annoying at this point.
That's a little extreme. EVERY streaming service has carriage rights disputes, just like carriers do with cable.

YouTube TV is the biggest target for extortion from content providers due to Google's excessive wealth. Plus I think YTTV is No. 2 in subscribers to Sling and closing fast. So, again, content providers put YTTV into the crosshairs for more money.

It's rare that I defend Google, but Disney has an ulterior motive in this standoff: It is the majority owner of Hulu. So, I have absolutely no doubt Disney is trying force people to leave YTTV for Hulu Live with TV by playing hardball in this dispute. It has Google's balls over a barrel because live sports are the only desirable, exclusive content on streaming or cable these days.

This impasse will get sorted very soon. There is no way YTTV can afford to shed customers by losing ESPN, especially on the precipice of bowl season. The loss of ESPN doesn't affect me until Dec. 31, when the CFB playoffs start. Syracuse basketball's next two games are postponed due to a COVID outbreak, and the F1 season is over. So, there's not much I watch on ESPN these days that's must-see TV. Plus ESPN+ still works for a lot of fringe and small-conference sports I like, and it also carries the Oilers' NHL games.

Still, I don't know about you cats, but the only reason I keep a streaming service is for live sports. Our family literally watches NOTHING on YTTV but live and DVR sports. Everything else is either Netflix, Prime Video, Paramount+, HBO Max, Showtime, Pluto TV, Tubi or just plain YouTube. I'm sure we're not alone, so YTTV must sort this soon.

It will get sorted, and I call this shot right now: YTTV will use the settlement of this impasse as an excuse to raise rates to $69.99 per month for the basic plan by March 1, at the latest. Guar-on-f*cking-teed.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

pk500 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:51 pm
Still, I don't know about you cats, but the only reason I keep a streaming service is for live sports. Our family literally watches NOTHING on YTTV but live and DVR sports. Everything else is either Netflix, Prime Video, Paramount+, HBO Max, Showtime, Pluto TV, Tubi or just plain YouTube. I'm sure we're not alone, so YTTV must sort this soon.
One hundred percent this. I'm stuck with Comcast because my boys are die hard Minnesota sports fans, especially the Wild, and I don't know of any (legal) options to get the shitty Bally Sports North any other way.

Plus with the bundle deal I have, paying Comcast for decently fast internet plus a streaming service isn't much of a price difference (although my latest options suck compared to what I've had the last couple years).
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I’m with PK here. It will get settled soon. In the mean time I will be using my dad’s Xfinity username and password to be able to watch live ESPN programming with the ESPN app. I have ESPN+ but you need to be connected to a TV provider to get the live programming.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

As a Youtube TV user I am disappointed but not surprised as Google vs disney is the epitome of scum vs scum.

Corpo fascist pigs the both of them.

May they both burn in hell.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:31 pm
I’m with PK here. It will get settled soon. In the mean time I will be using my dad’s Xfinity username and password to be able to watch live ESPN programming with the ESPN app. I have ESPN+ but you need to be connected to a TV provider to get the live programming.
Ah, good idea, Bill! My parents subscribe to Hulu Live with TV. I'll gooch their login credentials if there's something I MUST watch on ESPN over the next two weeks.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:44 pm
As a Youtube TV user I am disappointed but not surprised as Google vs disney is the epitome of scum vs scum.

Well said. Pissing matches between billionaires should receive little sympathy from the proletariat.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:44 pm

Yep, hard to choose a side
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Deal is done. Disney, ESPN, etc. back on YouTube TV…no price change.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:50 pm
For now. Mark my words: YTTV will use the settlement of this carriage dispute to raise its base rate to $69.95 by March 1. Hulu Live just raised its base to the same price, so YTTV has competitive latitude.

And even at $70, YTTV blows cable and satellite to smithereens.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:47 pm
Diablo25 wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:50 pm
For now. Mark my words: YTTV will use the settlement of this carriage dispute to raise its base rate to $69.95 by March 1. Hulu Live just raised its base to the same price, so YTTV has competitive latitude.
Zero doubt in my mind.

They, meaning satan's c***, could have at least pretended that it took at least another week.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

This is all my fault for joining YTTV :)

My wife is not digging the interface it is lacking in a lot of areas we are used to having from DTV. First month is only $14.99 so we will give it a shot and see where it goes.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

A bit of a bummer that the channels we lost for 32 hours returned all at the bottom of the Live guide instead of their previous places. No worries, though: It gave me an excuse to rearrange my custom Live guide and trim a lot of channels that I never watch from it.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:06 pm
A bit of a bummer that the channels we lost for 32 hours returned all at the bottom of the Live guide instead of their previous places. No worries, though: It gave me an excuse to rearrange my custom Live guide and trim a lot of channels that I never watch from it.
Mine never returned...had to go in and do it all manually last night. Annoying for sure, but like you, did a little house cleaning while I was there. The interface is atrocious for re-arranging however...makes it more of a chore than it needs to be. But whatever, all good now.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:22 pm
pk500 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:06 pm
Mine never returned...had to go in and do it all manually last night. Annoying for sure, but like you, did a little house cleaning while I was there. The interface is atrocious for re-arranging however...makes it more of a chore than it needs to be. But whatever, all good now.
Rearranging is a pain, indeed. But I find it much easier to do with my finger on mobile than with a mouse on laptop.