NHL 22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NHL 22

Post by Lancer »

10spro wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:52 pm
Lancer wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:47 pm
is the xbox one version basically the same as last year? I've been holding off downloading it as I am still waiting to grab xbox series X.

Also, can xbox one play xbox series s/x gamers or is it limited to the console?
Every year EA provides little tweaks here and there. I am an online player so don't know the offline part of the game much. If you have an Xbox One you should just buy that version of the game as they are not compatible with the newer consoles.
i went ahead and downloaded the free trial. i only play VS Online. Like every other NHL game on release its a bit clunky. They'll have everything fixed by the time it's free on gamepass. Same thing happens to be yearly. I remember trying out NHL 20 w the EA Play trail when it was released and was like no way I'm going to play this, it's terrible. But by the time it was released on EA Access later in March I really enjoyed it and won over 200 games for the VS Online mode.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

This game is still in beta.

Its a disgrace.

Since this is DSP and not the corpo fascist Operation sports EA can go f*** themselves.

f***in embarrasment!

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

So first game I try on my new XBX since it was the smallest to download is next gen NHL 22

Is there something I"m missing here? This is freaking terrible. Last years NHL 21 on XBO plays and looks much better.

Those arrows and icons over the players edge just make it look like s***. It's like too much stuff going on there. The icons make it so busy.

I know the game is going to be out on gamepass in April but s***, it's already April and they launched this months ago and it's still this way?

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I turned off all the stupid icons and made the cursor over the players at the smallest setting.

It doesn't look so busy now.

Gameplay I have to get use to. I see they made some changes from last year. Game plays much slower too.

I have some hope now. I think my 10 hours will be enough until it goes on Gamepass next month.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Lancer wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:24 pm
I turned off all the stupid icons and made the cursor over the players at the smallest setting.

It doesn't look so busy now.

Gameplay I have to get use to. I see they made some changes from last year. Game plays much slower too.

I have some hope now. I think my 10 hours will be enough until it goes on Gamepass next month.
I played a season... f***in became a major slog to get through it.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Obama may have been in his first term the last time NHL was playable and even semi-realistic as a single-player game. And yes, I've played every version either through a purchase or the 10-hour EA Access trial. I think the last version I bought was NHL 16.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:54 pm
Obama may have been in his first term the last time NHL was playable and even semi-realistic as a single-player game. And yes, I've played every version either through a purchase or the 10-hour EA Access trial. I think the last version I bought was NHL 16.
I haven't played Franchise in maybe 8 years. I just play VS Online.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:12 pm
pk500 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:54 pm
I haven't played Franchise in maybe 8 years. I just play VS Online.
Smart man!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

It's definitely been awhile since I really got into EA NHL. I'm playing a Blues franchise on SS with game speed down to 2 and it's not horrible but not all that great either.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I went back to nhl 21 and wow what a difference. Fast paced and fun.

I did some HUT on NHL 22 and one of those rookie challenges. It was even slower than the regular game mode.

What a mess 22 is. Maybe I don't know how to play it yet but it's very frustrating to even try.

In NHL 21 , I'm like 41 games over .500 for VS. Online. I think I have around 150 wins now.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I tried to play some threes last night... couldn't get into a game as the population was LOW. You all still playing EASHL?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sudz wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:18 am
I tried to play some threes last night... couldn't get into a game as the population was LOW. You all still playing EASHL?
Fridays and Saturdays, same Channel, same usual times, we play 6 vs though…