Orcs Must Die 3

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Orcs Must Die 3

Post by Teal »

I have a soft spot for tower defense games. Don't know what it is. Setting up defenses, and then seeing how well I did, just presses a button in me that isn't my normal shooter/military sim game.

But when the tower defense game is combined with a shooter? Oh, that's the stuff.

I played the heck out of the original Orcs Must Die game, and still have it in my games today. OMD3 is a really fun, really challenging, sequel with a good, if repetitive, sense of humor, and loads of new enemies to slice and dice.

This one supports co-op, and honestly, I can't see a way to get the highest scores without a partner. I have finished the first campaign, but with many less than 5 skull (star) success, and some only with one skull. There's no one way to complete a mission, which lends itself to endless variety and experimentation.

If you haven't played an OMD game before, your job is to keep orcs and other types of creatures out of the "rift". Floor spikes, wall grinders, placed archers, ceiling mounted meat tenderizers, spring loaded catapults that send hapless orcs into the sky (or lava pit, or huge wall grinders), saw blade launchers...

Yeah, it's gloriously sadistic.

There's a story, but it's never been the main draw. New to the series are "war scenarios", much MUCH larger maps with hundreds and hundreds of orcs, trolls, and other enemies. You have access to larger weapons and traps, and it does feel rather epic in those scenarios. They are my favorite.

Even if you aren't into orcs and goblins and magic and all that, it's still fun as it can be. Just turning baddies into giblets yields a satisfying feeling.

It's only 29.99 to boot. Lot of bang in that buck.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Orcs Must Die 3

Post by Teal »

Well, okay then...lol. I'm enjoying it, at least .. :D
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I enjoyed the original. I just don't have time to play this at the moment. But definitely on my wish list. Thanks for the impressions, its nice to know the game is solid!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Last I checked both OMD 1&2 are in my Steam library. IIRC, I may have gotten one of them for free.