Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm thinking about picking this one up since they just patched in 1080p @ 60fps on XSX. Not an ultra realistic sniper shooter but from what I've seen in videos, it looks fun as hell.

Anyone playing?
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2

Post by Diablo25 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:52 pm
I'm thinking about picking this one up since they just patched in 1080p @ 60fps on XSX. Not an ultra realistic sniper shooter but from what I've seen in videos, it looks fun as hell.

Anyone playing?
Teal has it and he said he’s having a good time with it. He said its better than the first (which I haven’t played).
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I have enjoyed the series on the whole. The Contracts games are MUCH better than the earlier entries, and 2 is better than the first.
The star of the show is the sniping mechanic. It's just well done. Turn off the red dot help, and you're going to be really challenged, especially at the insanely long distances that are in the new game. I've made shots from nearly 1500 meters, and it's very cool to take the shot, and still have to wait 2-3 seconds for the bullet to impact.
And oh, the impact. It's MK level gory with a well placed head shot. Heads pop, brains fly, cranium bits go everywhere.
In the closer quarters department, stealth is really important. The AI is better, not perfect by any means, but they'll triangulate your position, and drop mortars on your ass if you don't move. It's not terribly hard to get outta there and lose them by simply running further than they'll go, but then again, the point is to be stealthy and snipe.

The story is more real world and believable, the banter between the sniper and the contract giver is more realistic as well. I really like it.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Thanks!!! Grabbing it today!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

You were right Teal... this game is a blast. I'm dying quite a bit too which is fine as you can't just roll over the AI.