Cyberpunk 2077

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Zlax45 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:14 pm
JOZ wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:55 pm
Oh, I'm sure I would be right there with you. It doesn't bother me at all. But I will say when I am playing a single player game with loads of profanity, I can't help but think how many kids have listened to this when it really wasn't needed. I guess it's the times we live in. There are far worse things they could be doing or hearing besides listening to some f-bombs on Call of Duty.
Yea, they dropped a "C U Next Tuesday" and I was like do we really need that?

I just thought the amount of sex and language is unnecessary!
Well, what's Boston's term of endearment? I'm sure it isn't pg13 either.
So Zlax stop being a daft c***. :mrgreen:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

News flash. The game is rated M.

Finished the game in over 100 hours with my character maxed out at lvl 50 as I also finished all the character driven side quests and much other content.

I give it an 8 out of 10 in its present form but would easily give the game a 9 out of 10 if not for the wonky crap.

Infinitely playable on your Series X.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:15 pm

Finished the game in over 100 hours with my character maxed out at lvl 50 as I also finished all the character driven side quests and much other content.

I give it an 8 out of 10 in its present form but would easily give the game a 9 out of 10 if not for the wonky crap.

Boy you’re generous, I finished the game last week too and to be honest the side missions which is what I am currently doing were more interesting than the story in itself. No crashes on the series X but for all the hype and delays I was rather underwhelmed.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:53 pm
XXXIV wrote:

Boy you’re generous, I finished the game last week too and to be honest the side missions which is what I am currently doing were more interesting than the story in itself. No crashes on the series X but for all the hype and delays I was rather underwhelmed.
Am I not always generous?

Ill ask later ...I am curious as to which ending you got that you are doing those particular side missions after the fact.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

XXXIV wrote:

Yea, I think some of what made it a M rating was unnecessary and just put in because they could.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

got about 10 hours in, stopped playing for a month, restarted because I couldn't remember the plot.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

They refunded me my money as I actually had physical discs since Amazon had a release day shipping and a low price. They sent me an email saying I should hold onto the discs to return them at a later date...yea that makes so much sense

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

10spro wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:53 pm
XXXIV wrote:

I am about 28 hours in. My expectations were very high based upon my love of Witcher 3 and this game falls far short of that gem (so far at least). Just not invested in the story or characters. I agree that the side missions have been more interesting.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

One thing that hurts the game is a convoluted map. It gets hard to go from one area to the other. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the way GTA lays out their locations.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Pete1210 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:33 pm

My expectations were very high based upon my love of Witcher 3 and this game falls far short of that gem (so far at least).
As do over 99% of all games I have ever played.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Finished the main storyline last night and was shocked at how short it was. I guess I'll go back and do the side quests at some point.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Sudz wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:16 am
Finished the main storyline last night and was shocked at how short it was. I guess I'll go back and do the side quests at some point.
You get to that point of no return and it was like...that is it? Really?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Perhaps the game was supposed to be much longer but the developer was pressured into releasing it before it was finished. This kind of thing began to happen to Bioware as well. At one point they were the kings of western RPG’s but that cost them when they became too popular and they lost control over their own IP’s and game schedules.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Zlax45 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:05 am
Sudz wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:16 am
You get to that point of no return and it was like...that is it? Really?
I thought it was just for that section of the game. I didn't know it was the end. I didn't do any of the side quests (maybe 1 or 2) and it took me about 7-10 hours to complete the main story. Disappointing.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I'm about six hours into version 2.0 and wow what a game. It actually feels and plays good now, you know like they should have waited the extra two years to develope it properly.

The clothes not mattering as much and vehicular combat alone is worth the price of going back to the game. The disc has been in machine since launch (when they realized it was a turd and sold it for $10) and with the X/S upgrade and version 2.0 it's been worth that price and more.

If you've still got it, go back and play it now!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:13 pm
I'm about six hours into version 2.0 and wow what a game. It actually feels and plays good now, you know like they should have waited the extra two years to develope it properly.

The clothes not mattering as much and vehicular combat alone is worth the price of going back to the game. The disc has been in machine since launch (when they realized it was a turd and sold it for $10) and with the X/S upgrade and version 2.0 it's been worth that price and more.

Agree 100%. Also, Phantom Liberty (the DLC due out on 9/26) is getting RAVE reviews.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:13 pm

I was back into Cyberpunk quite a bit before Starfield released. I'm going to have to balance my time between the two RPGs now. Will check out the new 2.0 features this week for sure.